Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/22/2021 3:24:02 PM EDT
...and now I know he's out of business. Closed up shop back in January I guess.

What are some decent options to pick up a few hundred rounds of plinking ammo these days?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw a Discord posting the SGAmmo has some 50's in stock. I didn't check their prices though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#2]
PSA has 50 BMG

PSA
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like everyone has that Federal 4:1 deal for about $3/round. That'll do - I'll just pick the closest for the best shipping. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Targetsports free ship
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Targetsports free ship
View Quote

+1 for Targetsports. Free shipping and they ship QUICK! If you are a member of their "buyers club" or whatever they call it, you'll get a discount which will pretty much cover the taxes. Can't beat getting a can of .50 BMG shipped to your door for $300 even
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I liked UN Ammo....hate that they went under.

I guess the ammo buying crazy put them out....hard to stay in business with nothing to sell.

I use www.ammoseek.com to find what I need.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I guess the ammo buying crazy put them out....hard to stay in business with nothing to sell.

View Quote

From what I understand, probably read it here, quite the opposite. Howie did so well, he decided to wrap it up on the high note.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Targetsports free ship
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Targetsports free ship

That seems to be 4:1 XM33:M17. No real interest in XM33.

Others such as PSA seem to have M33 overruns linked 4:1 with M17. Paying shipping isn't a big deal to avoid the less carefully produced ammo.

Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I understand, probably read it here, quite the opposite. Howie did so well, he decided to wrap it up on the high note.

Excellent news. He treated me well over the years and gave me first refusal on some unique/collectible items. I spent a lot through him!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Others such as PSA seem to have M33 overruns linked 4:1 with M17. Paying shipping isn't a big deal to avoid the less carefully produced ammo.

Excellent news. He treated me well over the years and gave me first refusal on some unique/collectible items. I spent a lot through him!
View Quote

It's all the same M33/M17 linked ammo - factory fresh contract overrun from Lake City. Not sure if Targetsport has it listed incorrectly as "XM33" but it's standard M33. I have personally ordered from there within the past month and can confirm it's identical to the ammo PSA and all the others have - Exact same big white sticker on the side of the can from Vista Outdoors with English/Arab writing on it. The cans even come with the Lake City wire seal still intact on it. But from Targetsport with confidence!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's all the same M33/M17 linked ammo - factory fresh contract overrun from Lake City. Not sure if Targetsport has it listed incorrectly as "XM33" but it's standard M33. I have personally ordered from there within the past month and can confirm it's identical to the ammo PSA and all the others have - Exact same big white sticker on the side of the can from Vista Outdoors with English/Arab writing on it. The cans even come with the Lake City wire seal still intact on it. But from Targetsport with confidence!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case - I'm glad I held off. $30/100 difference is $30/100 difference!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Indeed it is! I always love finding the best deals. And if you are planning on buying 4 or more cans within the next year, I would suggest signing up for their "Prime Membership" You'll save about $24 per can and it will pay for itself at that point. I'm up to 3 cans myself and am really kicking myself for not just biting the bullet and signing up. You get other benefits to membership as well - first crack at in-stock ammo, free shipping even on small orders, free swag mailed to you, etc...
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Indeed it is! I always love finding the best deals. And if you are planning on buying 4 or more cans within the next year, I would suggest signing up for their "Prime Membership" You'll save about $24 per can and it will pay for itself at that point. I'm up to 3 cans myself and am really kicking myself for not just biting the bullet and signing up. You get other benefits to membership as well - first crack at in-stock ammo, free shipping even on small orders, free swag mailed to you, etc...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like I'll have to buy five cans instead. That's the point where it not only pays for the membership but actually saves some coin. Thanks for the tip!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top