Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2018 1:15:09 AM EDT
So I always wanted an Aug but bought an MSAR before Steyr made them available here again. When they first came out I wasn’t crazy about it in that I wanted the original Aug look rather than a rail.

I was at my dealer the other day and they had a used Aug hanging that I picked up for $1400 out the door with one mag and the manual.i was happy as it looked like the original Aug but then I got to looking at Steyr’s web page and noticed that all of them they offer now with the scope has rails on the scope.

Attachment Attached File

So what the hell model did I get? I mean I’m happy it doesn’t have the railed scope but I’m confused.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:21:25 AM EDT
[#2]
STG-77 with a different stock on it?  I thought they had STG-77 serial numbers?  Maybe an STG-77 optic or housing on an A3M1?  Definitely looks like an A3M1 pattern to me, but I bet @maleante will be along to tell you for sure

ETA: 16 seconds Sven, 16 seconds...
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:56:27 AM EDT
[#3]
That's an M1 with the "skinny" scope. No real difference between the typical M1 aside from the STG77 type scope housing. Steyr doesn't show it on their site, but they've been selling them now for well over the last year and a half.

Between stock types, stock colors, optic options, and barrel lengths, there are many different variations of the AUG that can and/or are sold that don't show up on their site.

Last year I found a factory new M1 in the gun library at a Cabela's. Green A3 stock, 3x optic, 20" barrel, and Uruguayan bipod setup. Lots of different AUG's out there...

Here's the same gun you have but with a white stock. M1 16" bbl and "skinny" scope.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the quick response and kind of clearing it up for me

So it’s just some uncataloged version of the A3 M1 then I take it. It has the 1.5 scope on it.

Whatever it is, I like it and other than not being a NATO stock it’s exactly what I would want.

Well I guess green would have been cool too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Whoa!  Hang on a second..  How rare is that cream colored A1?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
So how would one get the AUGa3m1 green or black, 16” barrel with the skinny scope? Do you have to get the stg.77 scope separate??
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So how would one get the AUGa3m1 green or black, 16” barrel with the skinny scope? Do you have to get the stg.77 scope separate??
View Quote
I've seen complete factory guns in black with the skinny scope and 16" bbl on GunBroker. You could just call Pete Athens and/or Steyr. An AUG is ridiculously easy to buy in the configuration you want, as long as you buy from the right source.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Whoa!  Hang on a second..  How rare is that cream colored A1?
View Quote
Hmm... more rare than a Bren Ten magazine, less rare than a black stock USR.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#9]
$1400 is an awesome price for that, congratulations on an excellent rifle. That’s what Steyr should have released all along.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:10:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$1400 is an awesome price for that, congratulations on an excellent rifle. That’s what Steyr should have released all along.
View Quote
My old guy eyes wish the 3X tube came in the skinny scope body...would be nearly perfection IMNSHO then!
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to hijack anyone elses thread but can anyone give me more info on my Aug? I have had it for years but don't know anything about it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not to hijack anyone elses thread but can anyone give me more info on my Aug? I have had it for years but don't know anything about it.
http://i66.tinypic.com/e62ihg.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/nq1kdx.jpg
View Quote
If it's a numbers matching gun, then it's an AUG P. Depending on the serial it's probably a individual officer purchase. Going by the scope knobs I'd say it is a post '89 import making it an individual officer purchase.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If it's a numbers matching gun, then it's an AUG P. Depending on the serial it's probably a individual officer purchase. Going by the scope knobs I'd say it is a post '89 import making it an individual officer purchase.
View Quote
All numbers do match and I did get it off an officer. He did say it was preban. I traded him for camera equipment that he wanted. Gun is in great shape. What is something like this worth?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Depends on the condition and what you have to go along with it, but mid-high $2000's to low-mid $3000's is what you might get assuming that you do not have the original box and stuff that came with it. Really it just depends on how bad someone wants it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Depends on the condition and what you have to go along with it, but mid-high $2000's to low-mid $3000's is what you might get assuming that you do not have the original box and stuff that came with it. Really it just depends on how bad someone wants it.
View Quote
Thanks! I do have the original box and the contents
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]
From what you wrote, and if it were mine, I'd feel confident to give it a value of ~$3500.

So... how much did you have in the camera equipment?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
From what you wrote, and if it were mine, I'd feel confident to give it a value of ~$3500.

So... how much did you have in the camera equipment?
View Quote
I had about 1500 in camera equipment!
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I had about 1500 in camera equipment!
View Quote
Damn.  I think I kinda hate you.

Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#19]
OP, model is a limited run exclusive made for RSR, they also produced same gun in Mud color.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top