Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2023 9:30:25 AM EDT
I have been wanting a 357 lever action to use as a suppressor host for a while now but did not want to pay the inflated prices on GB.  Was going to wait for Ruger to release something, but then these popped up for sale.  Don't really know a lot about them compared to Marling and Rossi, but I do have a Henry lever in .22 that is pretty nice (just wish it was side load so I could suppress it easier).

Thought I would share if anyone is looking.

https://www.bimart.com/henry-35738-x-rifle/p/867396
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Thoroughly enjoy mine—although a suppressor is not in my future.

Best feature is squeezing every last bit of kinetic energy out of full-house 125gr and 158gr loads.

Only mod I made was to add a ranger point pic rail—sits way lower than OEM options.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one but it's unobainium here in slc
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I scored one of these yesterday from Bi Mart as well. I’m planning on doing a conversion to wood furniture. I’ll also add a tri-lug adapter for suppressor use and a ranger point pic rail for an RMR or similar. Bi Mart had 17 in stock when I ordered. A couple hours later, they were out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats! My .44X is one of my favorite rifles. ??
Regarding a side load .22, I don't think I've seen that from any make. I suspect the ammo is too weakly made (bullet will crush under pressure) or not crimped enough. Marlin actually made 1894's in .22WMR and they were still tube load only (as well as their .32H&R 1894's I believe).
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I scored one of these yesterday from Bi Mart as well. I’m planning on doing a conversion to wood furniture. I’ll also add a tri-lug adapter for suppressor use and a ranger point pic rail for an RMR or similar. Bi Mart had 17 in stock when I ordered. A couple hours later, they were out.
View Quote
Phoenix Weaponry makes some super low profile mounts for pistol dots.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had mine for about 6 weeks and still haven't shot it, waiting on my R9 to clear any day now.

They are fetching $1200 plus here in Centex, bare, on the used market.

I think the X line, and dark series from Marlin really set the tone that the market would eat up pre threaded lever guns in rifle and pistol calibers. If only we could see more options on the shelf!
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Phoenix Weaponry makes some super low profile mounts for pistol dots.
View Quote

I’ll agree with the phoenix weaponry optic mount. It’s very low profile, extremely lightweight and fits perfectly.

Here’s my Big Bot X model in 357. Phoenix weaponry optic mount, Holosun 507C, Rugged 3 lug and an Obsidian 9. (older pics show the vortex scope that has since been removed.)
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Definitely not my style but still a good score....

I think you'll be very happy with the Henry.

Please let us know how she shoots
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top