Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 7:38:56 PM EDT
I’ve been lusting over a marlin 1894cst for some time now and I finally took her home!  One of my favorites for sure!
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!!! Marlin is cranking out some great guns.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Nicely done.  Range report?

And did you swap rear sights, or do they come with the aperture rear/plugged slot on the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#3]
They come with the xs sights.  I really like them but I do have a plate from Burris on the way to mount a fastfire 3 to the receiver.  It should look nice and clean.  I’ll get to the range tomorrow and will follow up.  I haven’t been this excited about a new gun for years!
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats OP.  I think you'll love it.  Mine's been great so far although I've made a few changes from factory.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
Congrats OP.  I think you'll love it.  Mine's been great so far although I've made a few changes from factory.

https://i.imgur.com/wDKPSyM.jpg
View Quote

Love that wood!!  I can see myself changing out the stock too.  How do you like the red dot?  That’s what I have planned next.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Love that wood!!  I can see myself changing out the stock too.  How do you like the red dot?  That's what I have planned next.
View Quote
I haven't shot it with that red dot yet (Vortex Venom) although I've used the same model on other guns and like them pretty well.  I put that rail and red on there right before the virus stuff hit and the ranges close to me closed down and are just now starting to open back up with limited hours so hopefully I can get it back out soon.  When shooting with the factory XS sights it was sweet.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#7]
UGH.......I shouldn't stop by this forum, it always reignites my "wants".
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’ve been lusting over a marlin 1894cst for some time now and I finally took her home!  One of my favorites for sure!
View Quote

Nice. Now you need to add a rail and an optic

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm usually a traditionalist when it comes to lever rifles, but I have to admit that is a sexy rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top