Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 2:33:36 PM EDT

$138....good deal?

I left it in my cart for a couple days and almost pulled the trigger but didn't do it. Was getting email reminders that was there. I just looked at the last email and the threw a 10% discount code on it.  Code is "TG10".

Discount code is still good...

https://www.topgentle.com/
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
never heard of this company?????
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Business location: No. 18, Yuetai Road, Tuzhu Town, Shapingba District, CQ

So, China.

Its your choice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
never heard of this company?????
View Quote

Saw it linked up from THIS thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats a cool looking helmet though
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask yourself honestly, do you really think $140 for chinese plastic in six months is a good deal?

Quoted:
Thats a cool looking helmet though
View Quote

It's not hard to get the looks down, these days.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a high cut but I still prefer my MICH with Sordins for some reason
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ask yourself honestly, do you really think $140 for chinese plastic in six months is a good deal?

It's not hard to get the looks down, these days.
View Quote

Chinese Kevlar... What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Chinese Kevlar... What could go wrong?
View Quote
Potentially not even Kevlar:
Product Review: $90.00 NIJ Level IIIA ballistic helmet. Really? 2020-12-05

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:51:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#11]
It’s your funeral
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:37:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Hard pass. Go with hard head veterans for a cheaper helmet.

To my understanding, the materials are sourced in USA, but production is in China to cut costs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hard pass. Go with hard head veterans for a cheaper helmet.

To my understanding, the materials are sourced in USA, but production is in China to cut costs.
View Quote

I'm not sure why anyone's comforted by the "DuPont Kevlar" line given that no matter where the raw materials come from, it's still being made by unmonitored, unaccountable chinese labor. If they even have their "own" factory, it's one tiny step up from just buying a conex of God knows what off Alibaba and putting your own packaging around it. Nothing about "American materials" implies high performance or quality by itself, especially given that we're talking about ballistic materials. The newest and most advanced aramid can't be exported, so they're 100% not using that. There are materials superior to Kevlar 29 and 129 made outside the US which could be imported to China, like some of Teijin's laminates or DSM Dyneema which are available Asian-produced. But then they lose their marketing point and all it is is a chinese helmet.

There really is no free lunch. If you want something to have ballistic performance, buy high enough quality that you don't have to think about it. If budget is your absolute #1 concern, get a used ACH/MICH shell and deal with the awful GI pads and chin strap. You can just barely mount a PVS-14 on that and go about your night. No, you don't get any cool guy features but that's life. An Ops-Core bump is totally superior to an ACH for most users, it's not even close, and still cheaper than outfitting a surplus ACH shell with all the accessories or buying a newer entry-level helmet from Revision or a Gentex TBH-IIIA. And if you're not running I2 and you don't need it to be ballistic, why bother? Helmets suck. Even the nice expensive ones. Save yourself the head and neck pain and heat retention during the summer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#15]
II you what. I'll give a review when it comes comparing it as best I can to a department issued helmet.. I'll eat the first $10 if anyone else wants to gofundme towards a live fire test of this helmet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
II you what. I'll give a review when it comes comparing it as best I can to a department issued helmet.. I'll eat the first $10 if anyone else wants to gofundme towards a live fire test of this helmet.
View Quote

I'd put 10 on it just for the fun
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#17]
@urbanredneck

did you get the helmet yet?
thinking of getting one as a bump helmet
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Dbltap
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It"s on a slow boat from China. If it turns out to be the cheap plastic one of that video then I'm contesting the charge
View Quote

@dayphotog
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Potentially not even Kevlar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJG0H-Z7Hz8
View Quote

I watched that video again and that is not the same helmet. The helmet in the video is a plastic shell. The helmet i bought had some weight to it and feels like a real helmet.

I can't tell you about ballistic performance but i would call it a decent bump helmet
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#21]
If you have it in hand can you post up some better pics than what they have on the site?  Specifically the rails, shroud and worm dial?

I am intrigued to see if these are the exact same helmets that Danmark sells that are supposedly China sourced.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Delete
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you have it in hand can you post up some better pics than what they have on the site?  Specifically the rails, shroud and worm dial?

I am intrigued to see if these are the exact same helmets that Danmark sells that are supposedly China sourced.
View Quote

@ridinshotgun

Lookie here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top