Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2018 5:33:29 PM EDT
I have really wanted one of these for a long time. I have 5 or 6 other cap and ball revolvers that I have been shooting on and off for nearly 35 years.

Last night I found the best deal I have seen on one of these in MANY years. $269.99 + $25 shipping. Oh, the GB seller has more at this price. GB Auction

My understanding of many years is that, in general, Uberti guns > Pietta guns > old Armi San Marco guns. I have them all.

ASM/CVA 1861 Navy .44 brass frame was first (1985)
ASM/CVA .31 Colt Wells Fargo brass frame was next (1988)
Pietta 1851 Navy .36 steel frame (2000)
Pietta 1858 Remington .44 steel frame (2000)
Pietta 1862 Colt Police .36 steel frame (2017)
NAA Mini C&B .22 steel (2018)

So it looks like I've not had a Uberti C&B before. I do have Uberti cartridge guns, though (we won't talk about them).

What am I in for with this Uberti Walker that is on the way? Hopefully grins, smoke and rapid decline in my supply of caps, balls and FFF.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have owned multiple Uberti cap and ball, and cartridge guns over the years. I would agree that they are the top in class for C&B. Just generally better overall quality, materials, and workmanship in my opinion. The CVAs are serviceable but seem to begin to wear sooner under heavy usage.

Uberti cartridge guns are as good as it gets as well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You are going to have a blast with that thing.  And a killer price!
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll need the fix the short arbor problem that all Uberti Cap & Ball revolvers suffer from.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these and very much like it. Be warned, the loading lever will fall upon firing and you will have to move it back up before firing again since it can block the cylinder from rotating.  I have read where back in the day, they used to tie the loading lever to the barrel with strap of rawhide. At least in that way, it seems to be true to the original.

Attachment Attached File

eta: I guess the OP has found this out by now. I didn't see this had been posted several month ago when I responded and forget how slow things move in this section of the forum.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Drill a notch in between the rear loading rod and barrel extension, insert M-16 cotter pin.  Prevents cylinder lock up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top