Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2018 10:09:25 AM EDT
Looking to pick up some good quality mags.  Looking for some 20 rounders.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Cmi from 44mag.com.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#2]
CMI from 44mag or watch Brownells, they go on sale from time to time for $20 (at least they were)
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
CMI USGI mags from 44mag.com
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Be very careful if you decide to buy older surplus GI mags, because there a shit-ton of fakes out there. Like everyone else said, you can’t go wrong with CMI.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CMI from 44mag or watch Brownells, they go on sale from time to time for $20 (at least they were)
View Quote
Watch for Brownells to run a 5 pack of the CMIs for $90 then throw a free shipping (or alternate discount) coupon at it.  I think I managed to swing $80 for 5 mags, best deal I've found on them so far, and I don't even have an M1A yet.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
With the different coupons Brownells runs, they are almost always a better deal than 44mag. I buy CMI mags from Brownells and have been very satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Genuine USGI surplus.  New old stock is my 1st pick.

Check Mate Industries......hummm.....well I have 2 out of 5 that are questionable.  But, whatever.   If you can't get a genuine USGI surplus......I'd go with that (CMI) as they are the current supplier to the US Military.

Pro Mags.....I have five that I got with a recent JRA rilfe purchase.  They just won't lock in the JRA (the seller did tell me, prior to the sale).  So then, they'll lock into my Springfield builds.  But, they won't feed well enough to be called, "reliable."   I wouldn't recommend them.

My stash.

Yes, there are fakes and some have even reproduced fake packages.  IIRC.....there was a guy going by "Different" that had a guide to spotting fakes.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys.  I appreciate all the info.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Brownells has the five pack on sale for $99.  There's also a 10% and free shipping code.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#10]
There are Chinese mags and Taiwan made ones as well.  The Chinese ones work well and are noticeably heavier with a thicker finish and material. That said buy CMI mags and you will be happy. They also sell and all stainless one for days when you want to be fancy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Brownells has the five pack on sale for $99.  There's also a 10% and free shipping code.
View Quote
I was going to post this also.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Genuine USGI surplus.  New old stock is my 1st pick.

Check Mate Industries......hummm.....well I have 2 out of 5 that are questionable.  But, whatever.   If you can't get a genuine USGI surplus......I'd go with that (CMI) as they are the current supplier to the US Military.

Pro Mags.....I have five that I got with a recent JRA rilfe purchase.  They just won't lock in the JRA (the seller did tell me, prior to the sale).  So then, they'll lock into my Springfield builds.  But, they won't feed well enough to be called, "reliable."   I wouldn't recommend them.

My stash.

https://s19.postimg.cc/l4kowuj7n/12-8-09a_001.jpg

Yes, there are fakes and some have even reproduced fake packages.  IIRC.....there was a guy going by "Different" that had a guide to spotting fakes.

Aloha, Mark
View Quote
That's Lee Emerson.  Very knowledgeable fellow, and he has or used to have his own web page IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top