Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2022 4:04:17 PM EDT
I'm retiring from corrections in 2.5 months and purchased a Henry H001 Classic .22 today as an early retirement gift to myself. I went to the LGS looking for a Smith and Wesson 642 air weight and found the Henry on the shelf for $319. Decided to forgo the S&W and bought the Henry instead. I plan on using it as an everyday around the farm gun for pest control.......any tips?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Great guns for the money. Smooth action and good accuracy. I have the .22 mag version. Add a scope!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending upon how your eyes are, either add some type of peep sight, Lyman/Williams/Skinner. Skinner's look real nice. I have a Williams on mine. It's not as elegant as the Skinner, but it's easier to adjust.

Or, stick a red dot on it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Tips?  Buy ammo.

Henry sells metal parts to replace the plastic parts, used to be pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tips?  Buy ammo.

Henry sells metal parts to replace the plastic parts, used to be pretty cheap.
View Quote

I have a few thousand rounds, and i buy more every time i find it on sale. Recently found CCI standard velocity for .06 /rd and bought 500 rounds. I have > 7000 rds in the safe, but could always use more.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Depending upon how your eyes are, either add some type of peep sight, Lyman/Williams/Skinner. Skinner's look real nice. I have a Williams on mine. It's not as elegant as the Skinner, but it's easier to adjust.

Or, stick a red dot on it.
View Quote

A peep sight transformed mine from 'can't hit anything' to a very accurate rifle.

I just couldn't put an optic on a cowboy gun.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#7]
i have the 16 in with the large loop lever, thing is a blast.
can make shotgun shells dance until out of sight. Also shoots
shorts!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i have the 16 in with the large loop lever, thing is a blast.
can make shotgun shells dance until out of sight. Also shoots
shorts!
View Quote

I think it will hold 22+1 shorts if I remember correctly.

A small single slot picatinny adapter like this and a small red dot like a Burris Fastfire turns fun into fun on a bun.

If it is something that you are into, Midwest Industries makes an Mlok handguard for them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:26:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting history of this rifle.  Designed by Louis Imperato, father of Anthony (of Henry Arms) Louis Imperato invented the action and then sold the patent to Ithaca. Ithaca had Erma in West Germany build them Later, Louis bought the patent rights back (2005)  In 1996, with his son, he started the Henry Repeating Arms Company.

There's a screw on the shell lifter that can be adjust if having feeding issues.  Little research can save you trouble.  Enjoy your retirement.

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top