BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now that Sig has announced that they will be selling Rattler uppers, if you drop one on a standard AR lower can you still use the factory collapsible PDW style stock or brace?
View Quote
Yes, the AR/M16 lower adapters have pic rail on the rear (just like an MCX/MPX lower) for using an MPX/MCX stock or brace.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes, the AR/M16 lower adapters have pic rail on the rear (just like an MCX/MPX lower) for using an MPX/MCX stock or brace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now that Sig has announced that they will be selling Rattler uppers, if you drop one on a standard AR lower can you still use the factory collapsible PDW style stock or brace?
I'm asking about this stock specifically since there appears to be a channel cut out to accommodate it in the standard MCX lower:

Link Posted: 4/5/2018 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is this compatible with the Cabela's MCX?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mcx-6-caliber-exchange-kit-300blk.html
View Quote
THIS!??
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]
@coregon
Any updates on the timeline for rattler uppers?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@coregon
Any updates on the timeline for rattler uppers?
View Quote
Rattler uppers are starting to ship
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
@coregon
Thanks for the reply! Will these primarily be sold through the sig store, or are there other places to be watching for them?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@coregon
Thanks for the reply! Will these primarily be sold through the sig store, or are there other places to be watching for them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@coregon
Both.  This item is open for orders from dealers/distributors.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Can you tell us what MSRP is going to be on these?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#10]
When will the 5.56 version be released?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can you tell us what MSRP is going to be on these?
View Quote
MSRP = $1799
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks. Any updates on rattler stocks being available?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks. Any updates on rattler stocks being available?
View Quote
Rattler stocks come with the uppers
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Form 1 and form 4 both came in

Link Posted: 6/10/2018 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Any one know if you can run the sandman k with the Midwest industry suppressor rails. Curious to know if the can is to short or if it will stick out
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally got to shoot my Rattler (hybrid)* pistol today! Only had a 25yd indoor range to work with.

Fed it Magtech 123(?)grain, Barnes 110gr, and some of the Hornady 190gr subs. POI for all of them at 25yds was the same (within my margin of error). If I wanted a 100yd zero for the 110s where should they be hitting at 25?

The subsonic would not reliably cycle. Brass would eject but no new round picked up, even on +gas. No stovepipe or FTE, just a "click." I'm 100% unsuppressed for the foreseeable future but it would be nice if it would cycle subs anyway. I was using Pmags, both the 556 and 300 design. I'm hoping once the gun loosens up (recoil springs break in?) it will be more forgiving.

Everything else ran great. LOUD!

When I got home I realized that I had forgotten to add any lube so it was running dry.

*I can't buy a whole Rattler in my state so I had to buy the Upper Kit and put it on a pistol lower I already had.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

MSRP = $1799
View Quote
Sig could really be on to something with this but at that price you can buy a whole gun.
Wish they would price the uppers and conversation kits closer to that of an AR barrel/upper.

With that said, I'll probably still buy one if I can get a good deal. I already have a form 1'ed MCX lower.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 12:51:54 AM EDT
[#18]
if anyone is interested I stopped by my LGS and they have a Rattler for 2500 with a romeo 4 included.
PM me if anyone is interested
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m loving this gun. I’ll have meter results soon.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Awesome pic, what MRO mount is that?

Quoted:

I’m loving this gun. I’ll have meter results soon.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83570/E69F7A23-2BB7-4A20-95BD-33650D747FF4-579333.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Trijicon’s QD low mount. It’s pretty sweet. Spring loaded lock, then a twist of the screw keeps it in place.

Quoted:
Awesome pic, what MRO mount is that?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah....that's not the actual grip that ships on it.  It ships with a Magpul K grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:The pistol grip?  Or which grip are you referring to?
yes, this grip:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/m/c/mcx-rattler-sbr-left-face.jpg

AFAIK, it's unique to this gun and not sold separately. Just need a weight, sans hardware.
Yeah....that's not the actual grip that ships on it.  It ships with a Magpul K grip.
I saw a Rattler in a store today with the bobtail sig grip. They said that they just received it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I can't get excited about a SIG.  If I really believed they'd keep making the latest/greatest model more than 3 or 4 years I might feel differently.  I'll keep the two SIG rifles I own (both discontinued models) for as long as I can get parts to fix them (neither have broken, but most things will, sooner or later).  I just won't buy more.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Thinking of selling my Arsenal AK and buying a Rattler........are they worth it? Interested in the .300 BLK round and like the pistol
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:42:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I sure do like mine. For an ultra shirt 300blk it really is the best thing going. I bought one before i had a chance to handle my number two choice(honey badger). After I finally handled the honey badger is was obvious I mad the correct choice.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Have a Rattle and a spare Silencerco Octane 45. Any idea if this combo would be good to go for subsonic loads?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#29]
@coregon

Looks like the Rattler is now shipping with the grips that were in the original promotional images instead of the Magpul K grip (like on my Rattler). Is there a way to get one of these for us early adopters?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@coregon

Looks like the Rattler is now shipping with the grips that were in the original promotional images instead of the Magpul K grip (like on my Rattler). Is there a way to get one of these?
View Quote
Meaning just the grip itself?  Not at the moment - I don’t see an orderable part number for just the grip.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That's not unreasonable.

That said, the 556 never enjoyed any real adoption during the 12 years it was in production. IIRC @Coregon posted (last year ish) the MCX had already sold more in the 2 years it was in production than the 556 did in its entire production time.

Agencies and organizations didn't want the 556 (those that did were better served with Swiss 550/551/552) but there sure seems to be a lot of interest in the MCX and they aren't competing with their own product lines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't get excited about a SIG.  If I really believed they'd keep making the latest/greatest model more than 3 or 4 years I might feel differently.  I'll keep the two SIG rifles I own (both discontinued models) for as long as I can get parts to fix them (neither have broken, but most things will, sooner or later).  I just won't buy more.
That's not unreasonable.

That said, the 556 never enjoyed any real adoption during the 12 years it was in production. IIRC @Coregon posted (last year ish) the MCX had already sold more in the 2 years it was in production than the 556 did in its entire production time.

Agencies and organizations didn't want the 556 (those that did were better served with Swiss 550/551/552) but there sure seems to be a lot of interest in the MCX and they aren't competing with their own product lines.
All of this + the fact that the 55X series of guns are just so damn expensive to manufacture, especially in the US.  It just didn’t make any sense, considering MCX was being released and orders for 55X were plateauing.

I love the 55X series and glad Sans Swiss still makes them available for import.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Meaning just the grip itself?  Not at the moment - I don’t see an orderable part number for just the grip.
View Quote
That's a bummer! Early adopter tax strikes again! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Have a Rattle and a spare Silencerco Octane 45. Any idea if this combo would be good to go for subsonic loads?
View Quote
Subs are good to go.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I saw one today with a pistol brace in 300 BO.  I didn’t handle it because my wallet would have jumped out and bought it.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Chris Bartocci of Small Arms Solutions just did a great rundown of the Rattler on YouTube complete with a Sig can, sight and light, as well as stock variants. It’s a great review and analysis of the gun. Incidentally, I love mine ;)
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unfortunately, no. The conversion block's channel indents aren't as deep as the channels in the upper; they're more aligned to fit the round part of the AR lower.

It's actually very close -- the collapsible brace, with rods extended, will fit over the conversion block and AR. But when you clamp it onto the 1913 rail of the conversion block, the rods can no longer clear the channels. Does that make sense? I'll add some close-up pictures for illustration. Note that when the rods are collapsed over the upper, the collapsible brace block is not attached to the conversion block.

I think with some very light machining to the insides of the rods, it would definitely fit. But unfortunately I don't have the tools or capability to do this. :-/

Edit to add: I haven't tried the collapsible stock, since mine is a pistol (I'm in CA, so no SBRs allowed).
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, no. The conversion block's channel indents aren't as deep as the channels in the upper; they're more aligned to fit the round part of the AR lower.

It's actually very close -- the collapsible brace, with rods extended, will fit over the conversion block and AR. But when you clamp it onto the 1913 rail of the conversion block, the rods can no longer clear the channels. Does that make sense? I'll add some close-up pictures for illustration. Note that when the rods are collapsed over the upper, the collapsible brace block is not attached to the conversion block.

I think with some very light machining to the insides of the rods, it would definitely fit. But unfortunately I don't have the tools or capability to do this. :-/

http://www.multihop.net/calguns/IMG_5394.jpg

http://www.multihop.net/calguns/IMG_5397.jpg

http://www.multihop.net/calguns/IMG_5401.jpg

http://www.multihop.net/calguns/IMG_5392.jpg

Edit to add: I haven't tried the collapsible stock, since mine is a pistol (I'm in CA, no so SBRs allowed).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.multihop.net/calguns/IMG_5394.jpg

http://www.multihop.net/calguns/IMG_5397.jpg

http://www.multihop.net/calguns/IMG_5401.jpg

http://www.multihop.net/calguns/IMG_5392.jpg

Edit to add: I haven't tried the collapsible stock, since mine is a pistol (I'm in CA, no so SBRs allowed).
Thanks. That is unfortunately what I suspected the case would be.

ETA: Looking at your pics do you think it would work with a small picatinny riser sitting between the stock/brace assembly and the lower?
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thanks. That is unfortunately what I suspected the case would be.

ETA: Looking at your pics do you think it would work with a small picatinny riser sitting between the stock/brace assembly and the lower?
View Quote
I don't think adding distance will help -- even when the rods can make it over, they catch when retracting. Some material needs to be removed from the inside of the rods to clear the conversion block and AR lower... but not much! Probably something around 1mm on each side. Maybe less.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Finally got to hold one in LGS Saturday, it had one of the new pistol grips.  I am a left handed shooter, and when I was holding this pistol grip firmly everything was fine and felt good, but when I lowered the gun to across my chest and loosened my grip, the firearms lower receiver instantly pinched my hand between my thumb and trigger finger.  I own an mpx and a friend has two MCXs and this is my first time experiencing sticking kind of pain/discomfort.  It was instant discomfort if pistol grip was not held very tight.  Maybe it is just the pistol grip, might have to try one with a different grip.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Sig has the rattler psb overall length at 19.3".  Is that with the brace extended?  Anyone measure it collapse and extended?
I really like the design just having hard time coughing up the dough. lol
Is the cost worth it over building a ar15 with 6" barrel and law tactical folder?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#41]
If you have a Rattler with this grip, and a scale, could you do the PWD a solid and remove/weigh the grip (without screw/washer...just the grip)? I'd really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Handled one at the LGS yesterday. For as short as it is, that thing is flipping HEAVY.

For that price I can build two pistol ARs and SBR one... which is exactly what I'm doing.

Love the design, but they need to shave some weight off it and lower the price for me to give it a second look.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Handled one at the LGS yesterday. For as short as it is, that thing is flipping HEAVY.

For that price I can build two pistol ARs and SBR one... which is exactly what I'm doing.

Love the design, but they need to shave some weight off it and lower the price for me to give it a second look.
View Quote
I agree it felt pretty heavy. And you know most have intention of running a 30 cal suppressor on the end of it so it's gonna be a dense package.  Man does it look bad though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:30:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I agree it felt pretty heavy. And you know most have intention of running a 30 cal suppressor on the end of it so it's gonna be a dense package.  Man does it look bad though.
View Quote
I've heard this a lot. Does anyone know the actual weight of a Rattler PSB? The official 5.1lbs seems unrealistic since everyone keeps talking about how heavy it feels.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've heard this a lot. Does anyone know the actual weight of a Rattler PSB? The official 5.1lbs seems unrealistic since everyone keeps talking about how heavy it feels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly don't know where that weight on our website comes from.  That said, I don't think it feels heavy, even with a can on the end.  I think it balances really well suppressed or unsuppressed.

Snapped a few pictures for you.

OEM Rattler PSB = 5lb 13oz
Attachment Attached File

Rattler with no PSB = 4lb 12oz
Attachment Attached File

Weight of PSB alone = 1lb 1oz
Attachment Attached File

Weight of Rattler stock = 11oz
Attachment Attached File

Weight of Rattler as I have it setup = 6lb 8oz (tele stock, PEQ15, Romeo1 w/ Pic riser, BCM fore grip, RailScales Karve, SIG SRD muzzle device)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn. I need to SBR mine.

Quoted:

I honestly don't know where that weight on our website comes from.  That said, I don't think it feels heavy, even with a can on the end.  I think it balances really well suppressed or unsuppressed.

Snapped a few pictures for you.

OEM Rattler PSB = 5lb 13oz
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_4109-618967.JPG

Rattler with no PSB = 4lb 12oz
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_4110-618968.JPG

Weight of PSB alone = 1lb 1oz
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_4112-618970.JPG

Weight of Rattler stock = 11oz
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_4111-618971.JPG

Weight of Rattler as I have it setup = 6lb 8oz (tele stock, PEQ15, Romeo1 w/ Pic riser, BCM fore grip, RailScales Karve, SIG SRD muzzle device)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_4108-618982.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Damn. I need to SBR mine.
View Quote
Yeah I definitely need a Rattler upper for my factory sbr. BTW Goloud I’m curious if you can meter a Honey Badger against a rattler? I shot my 9inch mcx with sig762TI vs my honey badger and I definitely felt the MCX was quiter with less action  noise and ejection port pop.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah I definitely need a Rattler upper for my factory sbr. BTW Goloud I’m curious if you can meter a Honey Badger against a rattler? I shot my 9inch mcx with sig762TI vs my honey badger and I definitely felt the MCX was quiter with less action  noise and ejection port pop.
View Quote
That 9” MCX barrel will get you pretty quiet with the right ammo.

It’s happening in the next couple of weeks. I’m collecting enough subsonic ammo to make the test worthwhile. Slight disadvantage since I only have the Trash Panda and the SRD762QD-Ti at the moment. To be a fair test I should have the Thunder Chicken.

Still, I’m betting that th dB difference will be +/-2 - virtually imperceptible to the human ear.

Honestly, I love them both. Each has a unique character and feel. Sig allowed me to buy the Rattler and I hope Q lets me buy the Honey Badger. (It is a rare event for me to buy a review gun.)

They share designers and DNA. It’s only appropriate that they have similarities.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I agree they are both awesome guns. I have the matching HB silencer as I got the first run. My serial number is less than 80. I just a little surprised by the difference port noise. Could be you are just closer to the Ejection port due to cheekweld on HB. I just need that Mp5sd I keep talking about to complete the goloud experience.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I agree they are both awesome guns. I have the matching HB silencer as I got the first run. My serial number is less than 80. I just a little surprised by the difference port noise. Could be you are just closer to the Ejection port due to cheekweld on HB. I just need that Mp5sd I keep talking about to complete the goloud experience.
View Quote
I do love the SD. But it doesn’t get shot as much recently. Mostly due to weight. It’s a beast fully loaded up.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top