Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I was looking at those but saw that they were designed more for a 15 inch upper. I don't have much experience with iron specially on such a small gun.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Another option would be the Daniel Defense fixed iron sights.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another option would be the Daniel Defense fixed iron sights.
View Quote

The DD sights are nice. Had a couple sets over the years.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just picked up my new rattler in 300BO and wanted to check before I start taking the current flash hider off, if anyone knows if Sig puts thread locker on? If so, any recommendations to prep it to make things go easier?

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

Mine just cranked off. I just viced it down at the gas block and stuck a pry bar between the teeth of the flash hider...which is to say I did it wrong as shit, but it worked fine and came right off without any fuss.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That seems to be exactly what the SOCOM request wanted.

It's an... Odd request. But I'd defer to SOCOM in what needs they have.
View Quote

No need for flash bangs with this in 556
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the confirmation. I was able to get the factory one off without issue.

Thanks again!

Quoted:

Mine just cranked off. I just viced it down at the gas block and stuck a pry bar between the teeth of the flash hider...which is to say I did it wrong as shit, but it worked fine and came right off without any fuss.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm interested in getting a Rattler 300BLK conversion kit for one of my already-SBRed AR15 lowers, but everywhere seems to be out of stock, and a number of vendor's pages list the Rattler conversion kit as being discontinued.  Is it really discontinued, or just temporarily out of stock everywhere?  Sig still lists it on their website.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]
The part number may have been taken off Sig’s sell sheets and it is only available on their web store.  Sig jumbles up their part numbers bi-weekly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I'm searching for part number UAMCX-5B-300-BLK-TAP, UPC 798681587735 and it's not showing in stock anywhere I can find, so if anyone knows a different part number or UPC please let me know.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm interested in getting a Rattler 300BLK conversion kit for one of my already-SBRed AR15 lowers, but everywhere seems to be out of stock, and a number of vendor's pages list the Rattler conversion kit as being discontinued.  Is it really discontinued, or just temporarily out of stock everywhere?  Sig still lists it on their website.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The part number may have been taken off Sig’s sell sheets and it is only available on their web store.  Sig jumbles up their part numbers bi-weekly.

Quoted:
Well, I'm searching for part number UAMCX-5B-300-BLK-TAP, UPC 798681587735 and it's not showing in stock anywhere I can find, so if anyone knows a different part number or UPC please let me know.

These have been removed from the price list, but it doesn't mean they are "discontinued".  Confusing, I know.  

Also, many of the dealers you see listing them "in stock", never had them actually in their store - they are pulling from a live distributor feed, whereas it would be drop-shipped to you upon order and/or ordered and delivered to the store upon order.  

All that to say, they aren't discontinued, but the SIG Store is probably going to be your best bet in the future to keep an eye on inventory.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
So per your last paragraph they are discontinued?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So per your last paragraph they are discontinued?
View Quote

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Rattler with our new TNVC/Steiner TOR-MINI IR Variable Power Control:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/CE8DF9BE-8D18-4908-B639-585A3B36027D-1391075.jpg

~Augee
View Quote

Your photography skills are amazing!
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rattler with our new TNVC/Steiner TOR-MINI IR Variable Power Control:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/CE8DF9BE-8D18-4908-B639-585A3B36027D-1391075.jpg

~Augee

lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

I’m as good at photography as you are at pulling out. 

~Augee
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
Originally Posted By rbhoover:
Your photography skills are amazing!

I’m as good at photography as you are at pulling out. 

~Augee

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]
@coregon

Or anyone who can answer this.  Just to clarify for my slow brain, a barrel caliber swap will NOT work for the rattler to go to 556, but in theory I could purchase an 11.5 5.56 upper and it would work on the rattler lower because the lowers are the same?  Is that correct?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By EPF:
@coregon

Or anyone who can answer this.  Just to clarify for my slow brain, a barrel caliber swap will NOT work for the rattler to go to 556, but in theory I could purchase an 11.5 5.56 upper and it would work on the rattler lower because the lowers are the same?  Is that correct?  

Thanks
View Quote

This is correct.  Any MCX upper will work on a Rattler lower.  I got a Rattler, SBR'd it, then added 11.5" 5.56 and a 6.75" .300 complete uppers.  They all run fine on the Rattler lower.  In fact the lower is marked MCX.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:

This is correct.  Any MCX upper will work on a Rattler lower.  I got a Rattler, SBR'd it, then added 11.5" 5.56 and a 6.75" .300 complete uppers.  They all run fine on the Rattler lower.  In fact the lower is marked MCX.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#22]

This is correct.  Any MCX upper will work on a Rattler lower.  I got a Rattler, SBR'd it, then added 11.5" 5.56 and a 6.75" .300 complete uppers.  They all run fine on the Rattler lower.  In fact the lower is marked MCX.
View All Quotes
@coregon

Or anyone who can answer this.  Just to clarify for my slow brain, a barrel caliber swap will NOT work for the rattler to go to 556, but in theory I could purchase an 11.5 5.56 upper and it would work on the rattler lower because the lowers are the same?  Is that correct?  

Thanks

Are all MCX lowers the same?  Are there MCX lowers that cannot run a Rattler upper?
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#23]
@coregon

Thanks
View Quote

All MCX lowers are the same - you'll have no problem switching between Virtus, Legacy, Rattler, etc.

Technically, you can install any Virtus/Legacy barrel in a Rattler upper - You would need:
a.)  The corresponding bolt for whichever barrel yo9u're using (Legacy, etc)
b.)  The corresponding barrel piston
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By coregon:

All MCX lowers are the same - you'll have no problem switching between Virtus, Legacy, Rattler, etc.

Technically, you can install any Virtus/Legacy barrel in a Rattler upper - You would need: 
a.)  The corresponding bolt for whichever barrel yo9u're using (Legacy, etc)
b.)  The corresponding barrel piston
View Quote

Thanks- for the response . I think an 11.5 5.56 Virtus upper it is then.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Having some fun today with my Rattler upper and Sandman S combo. Subsonic ammo with this combo gets everyone smiling.

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Canebrake complete. Recently had my SDN6 converted to plan B mount so I don’t have to take off the rail to remove the suppressor. Also, I have tried every scout mount on this thing and didn’t like any of them. Ended up hitting the hardware store and for about $2.30 picked myself up a direct mount. I would like it at the 1 o clock but the holes don’t line up. Can’t get much closer than that!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
Canebrake complete. Recently had my SDN6 converted to plan B mount so I don’t have to take off the rail to remove the suppressor. Also, I have tried every scout mount on this thing and didn’t like any of them. Ended up hitting the hardware store and for about $2.30 picked myself up a direct mount. I would like it at the 1 o clock but the holes don’t line up. Can’t get much closer than that!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/CDF00508-1A30-40B0-B05A-675D9A8F656F_jpe-1407067.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/4AF93FA2-5F09-4754-BFD7-985DBB33B2FD_jpe-1407070.JPG
View Quote

@AlphaThree

Another option would be a Cloud OWL, I honestly think you'd like it better than the scout for how it mounts, features aside.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By rb889:

@AlphaThree

Another option would be a Cloud OWL, I honestly think you'd like it better than the scout for how it mounts, features aside.
View Quote

I have considered it because it puts the pressure switch in the same location and will give a 1 o’clock mount but it looks yuuuge! Never handled one but it looks beefy
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#29]

I have considered it because it puts the pressure switch in the same location and will give a 1 o’clock mount but it looks yuuuge! Never handled one but it looks beefy
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rb889:

@AlphaThree

Another option would be a Cloud OWL, I honestly think you'd like it better than the scout for how it mounts, features aside.

I have considered it because it puts the pressure switch in the same location and will give a 1 o’clock mount but it looks yuuuge! Never handled one but it looks beefy

It is, but frankly, the bulk ain't a problem with the way it offsets to the 1 or 11 O'clock. It won't stick out much, if any further than the scout you've got. The only way you'd get a lower profile overall is with an angled offset mount; mount to 12 rail, offset to the side, and downward to hug the rail. Something like a Thorntail mount.

OWL's really got only one major flaw. It's a fucking tank, weighs half a pound. On the other hand, it's a fucking TANK, the only one of its kind when it comes to output, durability, and utility. Upfront cost is high, but it's within $20-40 of the equivalent Surefire. Find a good deal on the secondary market, I picked one up for like $240, after working with it awhile, I got a great deal on two more of them for $450.

It's a night and day difference between the OWL and an HL-X, they aren't kidding when they claim you can ID a mofo from over a hundred yards out. Up close? Shit lights up the room off the floor. Nevermind burning retinas.

See if you can get your hands on one to try, they're pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#30]

You'll have no issues with 1:5 - I, and several others, have shot just about everything offered on the market (both commercially and to .mil) and there's no problem with 1:5 in subs or supers.
View All Quotes

You'll have no issues with 1:5 - I, and several others, have shot just about everything offered on the market (both commercially and to .mil) and there's no problem with 1:5 in subs or supers.

Do you have any information on terminal performance of the Hornady 110 VMAX and 190 SUB-X through the Rattler? I don't have the means to really test how effective they are. My Rattler is currently setup with a DA Sandman K and I really am happy with the overall size of the setup. Seeing if anyone has experience that would assure me of the combinations ability to perform terminally.

Awesome Rail.  MI is killing it these days.  

I go back and forth, though.  Keeping the rifle small/compact, as designed and using it primarily suppressed.

Could you measure the actual length of the MI 10" hand guard? Since I don't foresee a situation where i'd be firing the Rattler unsuppressed, I've considered sliding this over my Sandman K to give me a bit more handling/mounting surface. Measuring from the bottom edge of my OEM hand guard to the end of my Sandman K, I'm at about 10 3/8". I'm wondering how much play room I have if I were to install the MI hand guard.

All MCX lowers are the same - you'll have no problem switching between Virtus, Legacy, Rattler, etc.

Technically, you can install any Virtus/Legacy barrel in a Rattler upper - You would need: 
a.)  The corresponding bolt for whichever barrel yo9u're using (Legacy, etc)
b.)  The corresponding barrel piston

I've also considered installing a 6.75" Virtus Barrel into the Rattler chassis. From what I've gathered from this thread and others, i'll need to purchase an MCX Recoil Assembly from the Sig Store in order to run that BBL with the Rattler. As far as hand guards go, I think the only viable options really are the Rattler 556 hand guard (if you wanted to be able to quick attach/detach your suppressor) or the Sig Rattler Canebrake/SD hand guard or the MI 10" (if you were going to run it suppressed full time). Does that sound about right?

Do you think there are any real benefits in performance if I were to bump my BBL up from the 5.5" to the 6.75" (especially considering the aforementioned factory loads)?

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By dsuruga:

Do you have any information on terminal performance of the Hornady 110 VMAX and 190 SUB-X through the Rattler? I don't have the means to really test how effective they are. My Rattler is currently setup with a DA Sandman K and I really am happy with the overall size of the setup. Seeing if anyone has experience that would assure me of the combinations ability to perform terminally.

Could you measure the actual length of the MI 10" hand guard? Since I don't foresee a situation where i'd be firing the Rattler unsuppressed, I've considered sliding this over my Sandman K to give me a bit more handling/mounting surface. Measuring from the bottom edge of my OEM hand guard to the end of my Sandman K, I'm at about 10 3/8". I'm wondering how much play room I have if I were to install the MI hand guard.

I've also considered installing a 6.75" Virtus Barrel into the Rattler chassis. From what I've gathered from this thread and others, i'll need to purchase an MCX Recoil Assembly from the Sig Store in order to run that BBL with the Rattler. As far as hand guards go, I think the only viable options really are the Rattler 556 hand guard (if you wanted to be able to quick attach/detach your suppressor) or the Sig Rattler Canebrake/SD hand guard or the MI 10" (if you were going to run it suppressed full time). Does that sound about right?

Do you think there are any real benefits in performance if I were to bump my BBL up from the 5.5" to the 6.75" (especially considering the aforementioned factory loads)?

Thank you
View Quote

I'm not sure about the ballistics of 5.5" vs 6.75", but I ran the 6.75" barrel in my Rattler (with the MCX recoil assembly), before I went all in and built a dedicated 6.75" upper.

6.75" barrel in the Rattler, with the factory .300blk Rattler hand guard.

Same setup, with the MI Rattler suppressor hand guard, and my SRD-762Q

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#32]

I'm not sure about the ballistics of 5.5" vs 6.75", but I ran the 6.75" barrel in my Rattler (with the MCX recoil assembly), before I went all in and built a dedicated 6.75" upper.

6.75" barrel in the Rattler, with the factory .300blk Rattler hand guard.

https://i.imgur.com/NfnbjSP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pUuBYhU.jpg

Same setup, with the MI Rattler suppressor hand guard, and my SRD-762Q

https://i.imgur.com/5xO5ZZb.jpg
View Quote

"../built a dedicated 6.75 upper." and your Rattler is back to 5.5 bbl?

Is your 6.75" 100% virtus?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By dsuruga:

"../built a dedicated 6.75 upper." and your Rattler is back to 5.5 bbl?

Is your 6.75" 100% virtus?
View Quote

Correct.

I started out with the Rattler pistol, I SBR'd that.  At some point I thought the 6.75" would be better for .300, so I picked up that, and the Virtus recoil assembly so I could run it.  Then I got the Virtus upper and SD hand guard.  So the 6.75" is 100% Virtus, but I was running it on the SBR'd Rattler lower.

Along the way, I picked up an 11.5" 5.56 Virtus upper.  And since I cant buy a stripped MCX lower, I run the 6.75 and 11.5" on an AR SBR lower with the adaptor now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#34]
We have had the 110 GMX run in a formal ballistics lab but out of an 8” AAC upper. Performance was excellent but I’d have to go back through a bunch of docs to find numbers. I have personally run both the 110 GMX and the 190 SUBX through numerous vehicle ballistics demos for students out of my rattler.  The 110 GMX out of the rattler beats the 55 GMX out of my standard 11.BCM is terms of performance and deviation.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Soldier4Him:
We have had the 110 GMX run in a formal ballistics lab but out of an 8” AAC upper. Performance was excellent but I’d have to go back through a bunch of docs to find numbers. I have personally run both the 110 GMX and the 190 SUBX through numerous vehicle ballistics demos for students out of my rattler.  The 110 GMX out of the rattler beats the 55 GMX out of my standard 11.BCM is terms of performance and deviation.
View Quote

Nice! Good to know you've had positive experiences. I feel like getting some real numbers and better yet gel tests on those rounds out of the Rattler would be ideal. My main concern comes from the 190 SUB-X out of the Rattler because of the required velocity for expansion, though low, may be right on that line of reliability. I've seen some numbers from https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/sig-m4-rattler-conversion/ where he averages 895 out of the Rattler with SUB-X. He notes that is 10ft off the gun so whatever that decreases to for impact velocity.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#36]

I'm not sure about the ballistics of 5.5" vs 6.75", but I ran the 6.75" barrel in my Rattler (with the MCX recoil assembly), before I went all in and built a dedicated 6.75" upper.

6.75" barrel in the Rattler, with the factory .300blk Rattler hand guard.

https://i.imgur.com/NfnbjSP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pUuBYhU.jpg

Same setup, with the MI Rattler suppressor hand guard, and my SRD-762Q

https://i.imgur.com/5xO5ZZb.jpg
View Quote

How do you feel about the MI Rattler 10" hand guard? I'm thinking i'm going to set mine up with that and just run suppressed 100%. Does it get uncomfortably hot?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
https://i.imgur.com/vbQvPCD.jpg
View Quote

The Boss? I need this.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Finally got my form 4 back and with some help from bubba the 9k now fits underneath the .556 rattler handguard
Attachment Attached File
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top