Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone here used the LAGE manufacturing MCX adapter with one of their stocks?

I took this conversion out again yesterday for more test shooing with my SBR lower and again it fired with no jams, but the BHO continues to be non-functional.

The more I shoot this the more I want to keep it on my SBR lower, but the non-functional BHO is obnoxious. Without being able to use the telescoping stocks out of the box with the conversion kit, and only having the oh-my-god-it-spins brace or the reportedly chincey plastic brace as my options has me leaning towards just keeping this on my SBR lower so I can just buy a hockey stick side folding stock and be done with it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried a different bolt catch? Or a different upper/lower?

If you have, it's probably time to call Sig.

Re: PCB

I think someone posted that if you take off the screw that holds the rubber part on, then add a washer, you can tighten it enough so it doesn't spin anymore. That's my plan.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If you use the carbine buffer tube converter mechanism that sig includes, and put an sba3 on the tube, the brace will not lay flat alongside the receiver, resembling a letter "v" and adding substantial width to the gun.

So far, I have two options.  One is to use the tube converter, a pistol tube, and an SB MINI on the ass of the pistol tube.   Cheap, but adds width to the gun.   Second is to get a MPX lage stock, remove the stock from it, add a KNS Lage tailhook adapter, and a tailhook.    Substantially increased cost to that option, as I would have to use a lage 1913 adapter, buy a complete lage stop, scrap the foot of the stock, and then but an adapter and tailhook.  Looking at almost 400 bucks.

Does the factory sig 1913 brace have an aluminum body or is it also made of polymer?
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried a different bolt catch? Or a different upper/lower?

If you have, it's probably time to call Sig.

Re: PCB

I think someone posted that if you take off the screw that holds the rubber part on, then add a washer, you can tighten it enough so it doesn't spin anymore. That's my plan.
View Quote
I have a new pistol lower coming in this week that I had originally planned to use with this Rattler kit (as I did not want to have to keep swapping trigger parts and buffer tubes on my SBR lower), so it will be tested on that guy as soon as I get it.

However the BHO on my SBR lower appears to be identical to the spares I have on hand, and as already said earlier it works 100% with every AR upper I own, and I'm not super thrilled to pull a pin and replace a BHO that works fine on everything but this... so I highly doubt it is something wrong with the lower or the BHO lever, and I'm not really confident the new lower will fix this issue. Looking at the Rattler's bolt carrier front edge it looks very similar to a regular AR carrier face, so unless it is riding too high in the receiver I'm not sure how it isn't working.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone here used the LAGE manufacturing MCX adapter with one of their stocks?

I took this conversion out again yesterday for more test shooing with my SBR lower and again it fired with no jams, but the BHO continues to be non-functional.

The more I shoot this the more I want to keep it on my SBR lower, but the non-functional BHO is obnoxious. Without being able to use the telescoping stocks out of the box with the conversion kit, and only having the oh-my-god-it-spins brace or the reportedly chincey plastic brace as my options has me leaning towards just keeping this on my SBR lower so I can just buy a hockey stick side folding stock and be done with it.
View Quote
I've often wondered if the FA delete on the Rattler would allow the Lage right side folders to work.

I wish Sig would sell the Rattler case deflectors to us poor MCX owners.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've often wondered if the FA delete on the Rattler would allow the Lage right side folders to work.

View Quote
I was under the impression the whole reason the case deflector was removable was because Sig decided it was a "wear part".

Have you tried calling them and trying to buy one direct?

Edit: (Unsolved Mysteries music starts)

[Robert Stack] UPDATE: [/Robert Stack]

Got my pistol lower, installed it, and the BHO still doesn't work.

Going to put in an email to Sig and see what they say about it. Based on my prior interactions with Sig, I'm expecting a very friendly "that's an option not a feature!"
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was under the impression the whole reason the case deflector was removable was because Sig decided it was a "wear part".

Going to put in an email to Sig and see what they say about it. Based on my prior interactions with Sig, I'm expecting a very friendly "that's an option not a feature!"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sure they must sell it. They sell the forward assist assemblies on the webstore now!
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I finally think I’ve figured out the BHO problem. It appears to have been that I wasn’t installing the receiver end cap correctly.

Without any instructions I assumed as most probably would that you screw in the little receiver adapter piece all the way then tighten the end cap to it firmly. Why else would it have wrench flats? Nope, that is not how it should be done. Turns out you have to only screw it in -enough-, not tight, and actually leave it a little loose. After a few test fittings adjusting the depth the adapter must be as far out as it can be but still far enough in so that still allows the end cap to be attached firmly without being loose when the internal buffer / bolt is tight. It is a real trial and error fitment.

My problem appears to have been that this internal buffer was just ever so slightly too far forward when the adapter was tightened onto the AR receiver, and the stacking of the adapter plus the bolt / buffer stopping the carrier short was preventing the bolt carrier from being able to travel far enough rearward for the bolt face to engage the BHO. The difference was like 3 to 5 mm at most, just enough to prevent lock.

In the mangled words of Richard III... Instructions! Instructions! Goddamint Sig include fucking instructions!

I’ll go test it again to make sure this new end cap arrangement isn’t going to come loose on me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m sure they must sell it. They sell the forward assist assemblies on the webstore now!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called several months ago and they didn't have the Rattler deflector for sale yet, but they did say it was a replaceable part. I guess it's just a matter of time.

I called them several months ago and asked. They said they weren't orderable yet, but that they were replaceable. I'm hoping it's just a matter of time before they get a Rattler parts picker up on the website.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I called them several months ago and asked. They said they weren't orderable yet, but that they were replaceable. I'm hoping it's just a matter of time before they get a Rattler parts picker up on the website.
View Quote
The Rattkes deflector isn't one of them, but there are several Rattler specific parts listed at the new link.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#11]
FYI - 556 Rattlers started shipping late last week.  You should start seeing them in retailers, if you haven't already.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
FYI - 556 Rattlers started shipping late last week.  You should start seeing them in retailers, if you haven't already.
View Quote
Is there a part # yet for the just the upper?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I just want the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just want the barrel.
View Quote
Actually that’s all I need as well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#15]
More importantly, are the canebrake handguards available?
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quick update on my brace situation.

Initially tried the SB folding 1913 and disliked it for two reasons, one being the flex in the stock due to the purely polymer body, and the other being that it locks in the folded position, requiring both hands on the brace to unfold it, one to swing it into position and one to overpower the lock where it meets the receiver.   I did not know if the Sig brace locked up the same way but was less interested in that due to the fact that it helicopters.

I then moved to the buffer tube adapter that came included with my upper and ordered a gear head works tailhook mod 1 and their tube manufactured for the same.  Got that in, and it significantly increased my length of pull.  Additionally, when folded the tailhook is wide enough that it does not allow the brace to sit parallel with the upper, rather sitting more at a shallow V angle.  The LOP was long enough that it put the tailhook about halfway across the side mounted QD socket where I run my front sling point and caused additional problems.

The tailhook went on the chopping block and I am now waiting for the double star strongarm and tube, hoping it will be the perfect medium.   In the meantime, I pulled an SBA3 setup off another pistol and am using it on the rattler.  It would be ideal if not for its width, which also prevents it from laying parallel to the receiver in the folded position and produces the same V shape and making the gun intolerably wide for my application.

I did run the rattler side by side with 5.56 guns through a vehicle ballistics lab this week.  Even out of the 5.5" barrel, the Hornady 110GMX is a badass performer and impressed everybody with its capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just want the barrel.
Not available as individual parts yet, but will be once the complete gun backlog is extinguished.

Ill get you the SKUs once they're ready.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
More importantly, are the canebrake handguards available?
View Quote
Yes it is - HGRD-MCX-R30-MLOK-SD-BLK
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Anybody know if the mcx simunition conversion kit is rattler compatible?
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anybody know if the mcx simunition conversion kit is rattler compatible?
View Quote
I doubt it - I don’t deal with simunitions, but UTM has a dedicated Rattler Kit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is it standard for the 2 screws that hold the hand guard on the rattler to have a lot of red locktite on them?    I was going to take it off so that I could take the factory flash hider off but I could only get one off, the other screw feels like it is going to round the torx out. Do any of you have advice to maybe loosen the locktite without messing something up?
View Quote
???

You remove the handguard by pressing out the pivot pin on the lower.  The only Torx screws on the handguard I can think of you’re trying to loosen are on the handguard retainer pin/ring - which you don’t have to remove in order to remove the handguard.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#23]
?????Sorry. I got excited about taking it out for the first time tomorrow and totally forgot everything I know.  Thank you for your reply.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 3:19:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Any changes to the 300BLK model for 2019?  I held one in a store and it was amazing.  Any recs for iron sights?  Might have to pick one up soon.

On a somewhat related note, what kind of POI changes are you guys getting when switching between supers/subs?  I have an 8.5" that I keep zeroed for just supers, since I had so much horizontal shift switching weights.  Vertical I expected, but not that level of horizontal shift.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Had my Rattler for a good amount of time.

Recently updated to SAS spec with mount, RMR, railscales

Shoots great with the 120gr short barrel, 100yd group using the RMR
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Had my Rattler for a good amount of time.

Recently updated to SAS spec with mount, RMR, railscales

https://i.imgur.com/uDXXajH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lNj7tTV.jpg

Shoots great with the 120gr short barrel, 100yd group using the RMR
https://i.imgur.com/h8Ixl9U.jpg
View Quote
Looks great need to get some rail scales. Which scales are those? What’s SAS spec?
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Looks great need to get some rail scales. Which scales are those? What's SAS spec?
View Quote
MLOK, Short, Honeycomb on the railscales.

SAS (British SF) have a standard rattler (although it's full auto) with the as seen ANVL mount, with RMR on top. This mount gives iron sights and the red dot in one compact package. Keeps functionality needed and keeps the size small.
Here: ANVL

Trigger is the Geissele MCX as the regular trigger is Geissele SSF.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the info. What's the 120 grain short barrel ammo you mentioned. I haven't shot anything but S&B out of mine.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. What's the 120 grain short barrel ammo you mentioned. I haven't shot anything but S&B out of mine.
View Quote
120gr SBR Supersonic Ammo
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Thanks, wish I could find some in AK.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#32]
The stamp finally came back for my SIG SRD-762QD can.  It's a beefy SOB, kind of makes me wish I'd gone with the Ti can, but with the short barrel the extra durability should be worth the weight.

Link Posted: 7/11/2019 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The stamp finally came back for my SIG SRD-762QD can.  It's a beefy SOB, kind of makes me wish I'd gone with the Ti can, but with the short barrel the extra durability should be worth the weight.

https://i.imgur.com/g4cEX37.jpg
View Quote
You'll never regret that extra durability with the SS can.  I get what you're saying though, the Ti QD can is nice, but it's not my favorite on the Rattler.  That extra length, though not a ton, still gets in my way and makes it feel alot longer than it is.

The new 10-baffle Ti-10 direct thread is a great can for it, but I also like the QD function for the Rattler.

I use the 762QD can on my Rattler, too, FWIW.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Coregon, can you take photo of 5.56 rattler handguard on the 6.75 300 black out barrel?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#35]
For those looking for a different brace solution, I picked up a doublestar strongarm with their provided tube and used the supplied buffer tube adapter.  Length wise its very similar to the factory rattler sbr stock and folds parallel to the receiver when stowed.  Length wise it comes just short of the front qd sockets in the rail making them still usable.

So far this is the best solution I have found, and what I intend to stick with.

Anxiously awaiting those 5.56 rattler barrels.

In the midst of some ammo testing with the 110 GMX Barrier and 190 SUB-X currently.   Trying to get hands on some of the Sig 120gr short barrel duty load to make comparisons between it and the 110 GMX.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I picked up the MI long Rattler handguard, and added a Parker Mountain ULSS Stock.

I also picked up a 6.75" Barrel kit.

And this has brought me to a quandary of sorts with this gun.  The whole point of the Rattler is "small as possible PDW", I'll have to re zero whatever optics I'm using every time I swap barrels, and the hand guard choices are pretty limited for the rattler upper.

I was thinking I should just build another upper for the 6.75"/long suppressor hand guard combo, on a Virtus upper.  But starting to price it out, and I'm within striking distance of the complete 9" upper conversion assembly.  Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#37]

MK18 fde anodizing complete...
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#38]
That looks great!
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I got my 6.75" barrel kit today.  Eventually it's going to get built into another upper, with a longer hand guard.

Just in case anyone else is interested how it looks on the Rattler (as I was, before this project got started) here it is on my Rattler, with the factory hand guard.

And with my SRD-762QD suppressor, under the Midwest 10" Rattler hand guard.

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks @goloud.  I've had a set of HK416 sights for a long time I had been trying to get rid of.  They seem like an ok choice for the rattler so they are on that now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got my 6.75" barrel kit today.  Eventually it's going to get built into another upper, with a longer hand guard.

Just in case anyone else is interested how it looks on the Rattler (as I was, before this project got started) here it is on my Rattler, with the factory hand guard.

https://i.imgur.com/NfnbjSP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pUuBYhU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5xO5ZZb.jpg
View Quote
I'll have to dig through my PMs, but I believe @coregon has said not to use a non rattler barrel with the rattler BCG. IE: 6.75 barrel with a rattler BCG is a no no. If I find the PM, I can give more detail, or maybe he can step in and clarify.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'll have to dig through my PMs, but I believe @coregon has said not to use a non rattler barrel with the rattler BCG. IE: 6.75 barrel with a rattler BCG is a no no. If I find the PM, I can give more detail, or maybe he can step in and clarify.

YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/NfnbjSP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pUuBYhU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5xO5ZZb.jpg

YMMV.
Its all about the op rod.  You'll need the appropriate op rod, depending on the barrel/caliber, etc
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Its all about the op rod.  You'll need the appropriate op rod, depending on the barrel/caliber, etc
View Quote
Thank you for the clarification! I knew there was a catch to it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thanks @goloud.  I've had a set of HK416 sights for a long time I had been trying to get rid of.  They seem like an ok choice for the rattler so they are on that now.
View Quote
It’s a good fit for the Rattler PDW role for sure.

I had some jobs to do today and the Rattler went along for the ride in a Vertx messenger.

The SIG SRD762Ti-QD is going back on shortly after the Nomad testing with supersonics.

SIG 120gr SBR ammo pictured.

Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Any input on using SiCo Hybrid with Rattler? SiCo says minimums for 300BLK is 8" barrel. (trying to avoid having to purchase another suppressor)
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Any decibel tests with unsuppressed results?  Curious how much louder it is vs an unsuppressed AR in 5.56 or a 9mm handgun.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It’s a good fit for the Rattler PDW role for sure.

I had some jobs to do today and the Rattler went along for the ride in a Vertx messenger.

The SIG SRD762Ti-QD is going back on shortly after the Nomad testing with supersonics.

SIG 120gr SBR ammo pictured.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83570/E53C6E5F-EE50-42BD-96E6-0534E78EE74D-1038002.jpg
View Quote
What is the length of this setup with the can on it and the stock folded? Around 21"?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone have a suggestion for finding the conversion kit? The first few pages of Google results are all sold out for me
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Any local dealer that uses RSR Group can get them. It shows 17 in stock.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Any decibel tests with unsuppressed results?  Curious how much louder it is vs an unsuppressed AR in 5.56 or a 9mm handgun.
View Quote
I don’t have any decibel tests, but while I usually shoot my Rattler with a K can, I’ve shot it without some. It’s about as loud as I expected at least to my shitty hearing it sounds close to maybe my 10.5-12.5” 5.56 SBRs or so, depending on muzzle devices etc I guess.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top