Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2021 1:34:01 PM EDT
The place I ordered it from had 1 left in stock.  At shoot-straight.com... Did some research on the place prior to buying.  Seems like a legit place.  Out of stock the minute after I placed order.  

$3499.  No sales tax and free shipping.  Im a member at my FFL so no FFL fee either.

Did I do ok?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
In today's market?  Probably.  Add a Giselle super scar trigger...its worth it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That's about the going rate these days, I wouldn't consider it bad. It is higher than they were a year or so ago.

Then again I just bought an FNX-45T FDE for $1270 OTD. After watching them go OOS everywhere at $1200 before shipping and transfer over the past week I figure the next batch will cost more, so in the long run it won't be too bad.

Now if I could just find some magazines...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice score. Especially in today’s market. Good luck with it
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have purchased 3 rifles from them in the past 6 months.(in person -- Apopka). They do mark their products up a bit, but as others have said, that seems to be the way things are for now. They have always been pretty helpful and nice. I have CCW, but my 1 of my checks was about 18 hours. The other 2 were within 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Decent price currently with free shipping and no tax. I still see them regularly go over 4g on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Decent price currently with free shipping and no tax. I still see them regularly go over 4g on gunbroker.
View Quote

TBF Gunbroker is not a good barometer for prices
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
That's the price for SCAR17 FDE at PSA in town.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Shoot Straight is legit...you will get what you ordered. They are one of my local gun stores...they have stores all over central to south west FL.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Used ones are running around $3750 with a couple mags here in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I scored a Belgium made one locally in SLC for 2969.00 brand new. Gallensons in slc might have mor

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Used ones are running around $3750 with a couple mags here in the EE.
View Quote

Holy crap...If I could find a PWS Mk218 for a decent price I'd think about listing my SCAR if I could get that much...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#12]
SCAR rifles were never inexpensive in any configuration.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I scored a Belgium made one locally in SLC for 2969.00 brand new. Gallensons in slc might have mor

View Quote

Im holding my fingers that this thing is a belgium made SCAR... supposed to get to my FFL on monday we will find out!  Not that it makes a huge difference but it would be cool if it was.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SCAR rifles were never inexpensive in any configuration.
View Quote

Right

Nothing about the scar is cheap but after a decade I got tired of dreaming myself.

Edit- I have the US version and know the Belgium made are more desirable but I'm not really sure what the difference is besides roll marks and the modified lower?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:57:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Bought one in November from then (in person).   They are a legit gunstore.  Mine was a US made one,
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Im holding my fingers that this thing is a belgium made SCAR... supposed to get to my FFL on monday we will find out!  Not that it makes a huge difference but it would be cool if it was.
View Quote

Probably won't be...we haven't had Belgium made SCARs for a loooong time....
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Probably won't be...we haven't had Belgium made SCARs for a loooong time....
View Quote

I wouldn't pay a premium for a Belgian made if I had a choice I'd buy whatever was cheaper.

After buying my 17 I got caught in the moment and wanted a 16 and talking to a guy that had one for sale he wanted 4k because it was Belgian made. I passed and will grab one if the price is right maybe.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Why are Belgian made more desirable?

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm assuming roll mark or maybe made on Belgian tooling but it's not an AK so I don't know about that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

OG SCAR. Also made at the historic Herstal plant.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

The same reason German Sigs are. They aren't really better guns, but because it's made in a foreign country it gives people a reason to act like elitists
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The same reason German Sigs are. They aren't really better guns, but because it's made in a foreign country it gives people a reason to act like elitists
View Quote

Gonna have to stop you there. German Sigs are in fact better than the US counterparts.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Gonna have to stop you there. German Sigs are in fact better than the US counterparts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So W. German Sigs are the shiznit I take it?

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

What differences in quality, accuracy, or reliability have you noticed?

Re-pinning the breach block periodically is arguably not better.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What differences in quality, accuracy, or reliability have you noticed?

Re-pinning the breach block periodically is arguably not better.
View Quote

I have a W. German 226 CPO that ran perfect out of the box with anything I put through it. The folded slide vs the milled slide of my US made MK25 felt more balanced on the German 226. The MK25 had an extractor issue, but Sig took care of that. Cohen decided to subcontract MIM extractors versus investment casting. I would still trust my life with either of these pistols, the Mk25 is a fine pistol for sure. My German 228 has been perfect as well with no issues. I think the fact that each German Sig was checked for quality made for a better product when it got to the customers hands. I guess its more of a QC thing between German and US made sigs.

But come on you can't compare US vs Belgian made SCARs with German vs US made sigs. The SCAR difference is just a different anodizing color and engraving versus laser etched markings.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Seeing prices lately makes me realize how incredibly lucky I was last Feb.  $2100 shipped for mine on Guns.com...The guy that sold it was probably kicking himself 6 weeks later
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have a W. German 226 CPO that ran perfect out of the box with anything I put through it. The folded slide vs the milled slide of my US made MK25 felt more balanced on the German 226. The MK25 had an extractor issue, but Sig took care of that. Cohen decided to subcontract MIM extractors versus investment casting. I would still trust my life with either of these pistols, the Mk25 is a fine pistol for sure. My German 228 has been perfect as well with no issues. I think the fact that each German Sig was checked for quality made for a better product when it got to the customers hands. I guess its more of a QC thing between German and US made sigs.

But come on you can't compare US vs Belgian made SCARs with German vs US made sigs. The SCAR difference is just a different anodizing color and engraving versus laser etched markings.
View Quote

I agree that the P226 doesn't balance as well as the P228; I don't agree that there is a substantial difference between that of the P228 and P229 however. I prefer the stronger, stainless milled slides of the P229 to the P228.

The switch to MIM long extractors was a cost cutting measure for sure, but it's not really a difference between American and German Sigs. Plenty of American guns were made with the short extractor.

You're right that the differences are more substnatial than they are for the SCAR, but I disagree that the foreign made ones are better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top