Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2023 12:00:27 AM EDT
So, I have plenty of 30 cal cans, a Hybrid 46 that covers my random larger calibers, some 223 cans, and a Porq Chop in jail for 8.6/338-06.  I shoot a good amount of 6BR, 6ARC, and .260REM, so I've been thinking about a Jumbo Shrimp.  Its use would mostly be for hunting with a 12" ARC and probably a 16" ARC too.  I'm a believer in using 30 cal cans for most sub calibers just for the versatility, but I'd also like a can that is short, light, and might still preform well in a hunting application.  The Half Nelson is longer and heavier, the Resonator K is in the ballpark, anything I'm missing?  Thanks for any insights.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have other Plan B suppressors?
Can’t say I’d be dying to dive into that ecosystem currently
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have other Plan B suppressors?
Can't say I'd be dying to dive into that ecosystem currently
View Quote
My Ecco converted SDN6 has a Plan B on my Mini Fix SBR, my 260rem is threaded with the Q 25* taper.  I'm not opposed to the system at all, but almost everything I have is Griffin TM with Plan A or native taper mount.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel like this would be a baller 6.5mm-or-less hunting can. Its on my list.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Jumbo Shrimp on my 16” Fix in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Of course I got it two weeks after my deer hunt (silly me thought 10 months would have been enough to get it before hunting season).

Very happy with it for the size and the weight. I wanted something that would add minimal size and weight to the Fix since I use it for hunting. Tone and sound is good, and it makes the fix very pleasant to shoot, verses the ridiculous concussion and fireball before. 150 rounds since I got the can and I am happy with it.

Have not tried it on anything else yet, but I want to get a 6mm ARC and use it on that as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I actually handled one in the store today. Along with a Trash Panda.

Q suppressors are just ridiculously light compared to what I'm used to (AAC & Dead Air brick shithouses).

They are excellent choices for hunting applications and 6.5mm precision rigs. I know TBAC is the way to go for dedicated precision but the Jumbo Shrimp is just right for a dual purpose can.

The only real downside to the Q cans is the flash you get a night, when compared to a steel suppressor. But with subsonics, it's almost negligible from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually handled one in the store today. Along with a Trash Panda.

Q suppressors are just ridiculously light compared to what I'm used to (AAC & Dead Air brick shithouses).

They are excellent choices for hunting applications and 6.5mm precision rigs. I know TBAC is the way to go for dedicated precision but the Jumbo Shrimp is just right for a dual purpose can.

The only real downside to the Q cans is the flash you get a night, when compared to a steel suppressor. But with subsonics, it's almost negligible from what I've seen.
View Quote

All this
I’m excited for my Full Nelson
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input, I ended up ordering one a few weeks ago, looking forward to getting it out into the field.  I bought a Howa Mini in 6arc, having it cut and threaded to 16", should be another great host in addition to the 260.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top