Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2020 6:23:24 PM EDT
Well, I went to stimulate the economy yesterday. I’ve been lusting after one of the threaded bbl 357 rifles available, but the problem was, they were never available. I’ve been constantly searching for either the Marlin Black or Henry X. Every other caliber available except 357.

So Saturday I walk into a local watering hole of essentiality and spot 4 Henry X Series rifles on the rack. I ask the kid if they have one in 357. Yup we do. Gave it a quick look over, like I want buying it anyways, and said box it up, you’ve been stimulated!!!

I’ve never really had any interaction with Henry rifles before. Looked at a few of the 22 lever guns, but always thought of them as cheap half plastic crap. I’ve always been a Marlin man. But theirs Henry is very nice. One of the smoothest actions I have ever felt. I mean this feels like it’s had a couple thousand rounds they it. Very nice and solid feeling gun.

Took it out today, very nice shooting rifle. With my AAC Ti-Rant 45M  on it and 130 grains 38spl, this thing is seriously “Hollywood” quiet.

The only thing I found with it, the rear sight was pretty far to the right, and I was wondering if needed to be there, or if it was never sighted in. Well, it needs to be ther. Oh well.

Now. The serial number.  It’s 03XXWHEELING. What does wheeling indicate? I’m really curious because I live int the Wheeling WV area?

Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking rifle. Now you will be looking to add another 357 to th stable, one is never enough.

Send Henry an email on the SN, they will answer you promptly!

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Marlin 1894CP. It’s a 16” ported 357. It was only made one year, 1994 I believe. So I’m cover on 357 levers and revolvers. Now I need a Coonan.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]
May I ask what you paid for the Henry?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#4]
That serial number doesn't sound right. I just purchased a Henry Big Boy X Model 44Mag/SPL and it's serial number is XBBS001xx. The prefix stands for X Model Big Boy Steel. I also purchased a Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine 357Mag/38Spl with a serial number BBS0064xxMR.
(I REALLY felt the need to be stimulated and support the local economy).

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't figure out why Henry put a matte finish on the receiver but cheaped out and put a semi-gloss finish on the barrel and mag tube? Other than that the X models look nice.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That serial number doesn't sound right. I just purchased a Henry Big Boy X Model 44Mag/SPL and it's serial number is XBBS001xx. The prefix stands for X Model Big Boy Steel. I also purchased a Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine 357Mag/38Spl with a serial number BBS0064xxMR.
(I REALLY felt the need to be stimulated and support the local economy).
https://i.imgur.com/OOIW5q7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qB1m0TP.jpg
View Quote

I figured it out. The dealer I bought it at, gets all of his Henry rifles direct from Henry, and this is a custom serial number sequence just for that dealer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I figured it out. The dealer I bought it at, gets all of his Henry rifles direct from Henry, and this is a custom serial number sequence just for that dealer.
View Quote
That's pretty sweet, actually.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Henry makes a great gun for the money. I bought one of their .22 levers, as I hated loading my 10/22,(great little gun and am no means trashing it), I just wanted something fun to shoot and different and the Henry fit the bill. I was amazed at how well the .22 rifles are made. I have a couple levers in other calibers but the .22 is a blast to shoot and cheap.

I will eventually get a 357 model like yours, as they are made as side loaders now and look good. For the money they make a great gun at a great price. Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Good thread OP. The local candy store has this model in .45 Colt and I'm thinking about snagging it to go with my Hybrid can.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good thread OP. The local candy store has this model in .45 Colt and I'm thinking about snagging it to go with my Hybrid can.
View Quote

Do it! I figure 45 Colt would be quite as hell. Mine with 38s is a pellet gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top