Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2022 7:07:38 PM EDT
Ordered a belt back in November of 2021. Around April I sent a reply to my order confirmation for a status on buckles and never received a reply. Last week I told him my duty belt was about to shit the bed and that I need this belt, no response.
Send an email to John@ whatever his email is with my order number asking for a status in case my original email was over looked.

Last night I got an email saying my order was canceled at my request. Sent a reply email saying I didn’t ask for my order to be canceled.

So yeah, don’t order a belt from SOE! I have however ordered a micro rig and love it!
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you need from SOE? I am near the store twice a week. Could get something from the storefront and send to you.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you need from SOE? I am near the store twice a week. Could get something from the storefront and send to you.
View Quote

I needed a new belt but ordered essentially the same belt from LA police gear.

Thanks though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#3]
There's no reason to support that shit bird.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 2:40:48 AM EDT
[#5]
It took over 2 years to get a split front chest rig from him. I really like the rig, but I will never buy from them again with those kind of wait times and lack of transparency on how long something will take.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 2:48:10 AM EDT
[#6]
People are still buying from that tactical felon despite all that was made known about just how much of an asshole him and his business is?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#8]
People still buy from him eh? I had their stuff before his "legend" grew, its no better than anything company X puts out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Wouldn't order a thing from that guy (tried to once about 15 yrs ago and he was a total tool). Tactical Tailor, LBT, Esstac, HSGI all as good or better products and 100% better to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Ronin belt…
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#11]
In for info on the SOE debacle of the past...
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Everyone here loves to motherfuck this guy; maybe even some of them have good reasons.  I have not seen him in years, nor am I affiliated with him in any way.  But.  I am still proud to call this guy a buddy.  His business practices maybe uh unconventional, he may act like asshole at times, and yes, he has a very low tolerance for whiny customers.  With all his faults, I could show up tomorrow on his doorstep, naked, drunk and homeless, and he'd take me in.  That's the kind of guy he is.  You may not care, you just want your gear.  Yeah I get that, but all you guys bitching and moaning and saying what an asshole he is, convicted felon even, oh my; how many people do YOU know that are loyal to their friends like that, no questions asked?  For all his faults, I just hope you have a friend like that if you ever need one.   And the ways things are going, I'd be looking around.  

But yeah fuck him, where's my gear, etc, etc.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#14]
LMAO ^^
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Everyone here loves to motherfuck this guy; maybe even some of them have good reasons.  I have not seen him in years, nor am I affiliated with him in any way.  But.  I am still proud to call this guy a buddy.  His business practices maybe uh unconventional, he may act like asshole at times, and yes, he has a very low tolerance for whiny customers.  With all his faults, I could show up tomorrow on his doorstep, naked, drunk and homeless, and he'd take me in.  That's the kind of guy he is.  You may not care, you just want your gear.  Yeah I get that, but all you guys bitching and moaning and saying what an asshole he is, convicted felon even, oh my; how many people do YOU know that are loyal to their friends like that, no questions asked?  For all his faults, I just hope you have a friend like that if you ever need one.   And the ways things are going, I'd be looking around.  

View Quote

I don't care either way about his background. What bothers me is he's a shitty merchant. If you can't treat your customers honestly and thankfully you can eat a bag of dicks, I'll spend my $ elsewhere. Plenty of options for quality soft gear today.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In for info on the SOE debacle of the past...
View Quote

Didn't his lawyer show up here and by the time she left she was sorta emberrassed for representing him?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah I know that.  I don't give a fuck.  Everyone here can laugh and tell me I'm full of shit.  Just don't care anymore.  His business practices are well-documented.  I'm talking about the man himself.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Generally people who run bad business practices and then trying to shame folks that he stepped on his dick over on the internet, are generally dicks in real life.

Your friends are yours to keep, but considering how much of a galactic and polarizing asshole he is, I'm going to keep saying what I want.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah I know that.  I don't give a fuck.  Everyone here can laugh and tell me I'm full of shit.  Just don't care anymore.  His business practices are well-documented.  I'm talking about the man himself.
View Quote

I actually still watch his videos in the morning. I love his, get the fuck up and get shit done attitude.
What bothered me was that I know the world is fucked up right now, I get that! What bothers me is that he can’t even reply to my email and say. Hey, buckles still haven’t shown up. Doesn’t even need to apologize because it’s not his fault. Just keep me update as to where the fuck my stuff is that I’ve already paid for!

Or in his texts/emails say hey, 50 buckles showed up and we shipped 50 belts. If yours was one of them you got a confirmation email that your shit shipped. Simple as that!
He almost pleads with people to not be lazy fucks and slobs. But can’t type up a quick generic email about buckles?? That’s being lazy right there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry, who cares about all of that bullshit?  Reality is he runs a business and takes weeks/months/years to fulfill orders. He’s got the emotional control of a preteen, and he’s been convicted of shady shit.

He’s a pos, end of story.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aren't you in the gear business yourself? And the way he treats those who choose to spend money with him doesn't bother you?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I put my first order with SOE two weeks ago for a couple in stock mag pouches.  Order status is still "unfulfilled".  After reading this thread, I'll just put it out of my mind and if I get something in the mail someday, great.  If not, f*** him.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Why buy from someone who is gonna sit on my order for YEARS when I can buy from a bigger better company and have it in a week? Even 10 years  ago when people were pimping his shit I never understood this. I’m not waiting 2 years for your product. I promise you, you are not worth a 2 year wait.

That and his YouTube videos where he tries to paint a picture of massive wealth from a double wide trailer. I’ll pass.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought a belt from him years ago and some of those combat cocks. I pretty much treated the order like NFA items. Pay for it, and maybe it will show up in a timely fashion. He's free to run his business the way he pleases, and from my experiences he's not the only company that operates this way.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There's no reason to support that shit bird.
View Quote

That sums it up nicely.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

He could be the nicest guy on the planet but as a merchant he's worthless and nobody should even try to spend their money with him when there are other vendors that are just as good (or better) and actually deliver product in a timely fashion without all of the drama.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I bought a belt from him years ago and some of those combat cocks. I pretty much treated the order like NFA items. Pay for it, and maybe it will show up in a timely fashion. He's free to run his business the way he pleases, and from my experiences he's not the only company that operates this way.
View Quote

You know I respect you and your fantastic contribution to our Body Armor education. I've been in multiple firefights yet I've never used a "Combat Cock" before Buff!

Since I never dealt with this guy I'll reserve passing judgement. However, with the millions of choices out there why would one even purchase from such an unreliable source?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You know I respect you and your fantastic contribution to our Body Armor education. I've been in multiple firefights yet I've never used a "Combat Cock" before Buff!

Since I never dealt with this guy I'll reserve passing judgement. However, with the millions of choices out there why would one even purchase from such an unreliable source?
View Quote
LOL, they're just little decorative chickens he makes. I would say at the time I bought his belt because everyone said SOE made good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He could be the nicest guy on the planet but as a merchant he's worthless and nobody should even try to spend their money with him when there are other vendors that are just as good (or better) and actually deliver product in a timely fashion without all of the drama.
View Quote
Exactly. I know a number of folks I'd be glad to spend time with, trust to have my back in a shitty situation... But I would never go into business with them and any money I let them "borrow" would be considered a gift on my side. Then there are people who are hyper competent at running a business but I can't stand their personality and they'd be the LAST person I called for help with something not connected to their business.

Oddly enough, I also know people who are decently capable in business and treat their customers really well. They're the kind of person you can call for help or a favor and they'll be there. But, they're so ethically challenged on a personal level that I don't want anything to do with them. Their behavior in the other two areas is absolutely a calculated expense on their side. I'm not sure they really understand what being a friend is and I'm not sure they consider their customers real people rather than data points in their business.

I'd much rather have a blend of the first two in my life than any of that last one at all.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you could walk in and pick it up from the storefront, why the fuck wasn't the OP's item shipped from the storefront's stock? If it's sitting on a shelf, a peg, or whatever, but a customer is waiting 6+ months for it, the owner should have walked out into the showroom 6 months ago, grabbed the item, and stuffed it into a box.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck that. I ain't looking to buy a friend. I'm looking for a quality product, at a decent price, delivered in a reasonable time frame. I don't go to the gas station around the corner to buy my gas because I think the owner would let me crash on his couch if I became homeless. I go there because it's close and the little extra I pay is worth not having to drive 5 minutes to save $0.15 per gallon when putting 10-12 gallons in my truck.

Sending a couple emails in over six months is not being whiny. It's reasonable.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you could walk in and pick it up from the storefront, why the fuck wasn't the OP's item shipped from the storefront's stock? If it's sitting on a shelf, a peg, or whatever, but a customer is waiting 6+ months for it, the owner should have walked out into the showroom 6 months ago, grabbed the item, and stuffed it into a box.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top