Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2018 11:53:59 AM EDT
I've got an old sealed Silent Delivery Systems 22 can.  It works fine for my needs but it's sealed and I've never cleaned it.  SDS is long out of business and I worry that it may plug up at some point.

I know that SRI used to jail break 22 cans but has since stopped.  Anyone else do it and what is a typical cost?  One manufacturer mentioned he didn't want to take on the liability of working on another companies can.

I guess I could just buy a newer, lighter, smaller, take apart can.  I saw where one dealer had a Warlock II for $200 (+$250 in tax and transfer fees).

Thoughts,
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Liberty has their custom shop open.  Shoot them an email and ask.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy another rimfire can!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
What's it made out of? If it's stainless steel or titanium, you could use an ultrasonic cleaner or the dip.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Liberty has their custom shop open.  Shoot them an email and ask.
View Quote
They explicitly say that they can do that for this can here..  OP, you’re in luck.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They explicitly say that they can do that for this can here..  OP, you’re in luck.
View Quote
Then that’s the answer to what he asked. But I’d still buy a new 22 can at that price personally.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Then that’s the answer to what he asked. But I’d still buy a new 22 can at that price personally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the heads up.

Liberty is at a 6 month backlog (my last form 4 was 7 months) and the cost is $450.  I had no idea what the cost would be, but now I do.  I'll probably just look at buying another newer can and that way I'll have two.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#8]
This may tip the scales even further....  Here are the specs on the the old can:

7" long
1.25" OD
13.5 oz

Big, old, long and HEAVY....

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This may tip the scales even further....  Here are the specs on the the old can:

7" long
1.25" OD
13.5 oz

Thoughts?
View Quote
Wow. I’d buy a new one. You mentioned the warlock   I like mine. 6” long 1” od and 3 oz.

I have another, a spikes buckwheat that is 6 oz

Really you could choose any new .22 can and be way ahead.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

7" long
1.25" OD
13.5 oz

Thoughts?
View Quote
That's crazy heavy for a .22lr can.  Is that the current weight or what it's supposed to be when new?

I'd pick up something new personally and just shoot the old can til it's full and either get rid of it or consider recoring then if you really want to hang onto it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Ya, I'm waaaaay leaning to just getting a new one.  However that has it's own set of problems.

I'm looking at the Mask for $400 (ish) plus $200 tax and $50 to my dealer for $650.  Then throw in the Dead Air 45 special can deal for $400 ($300 off), some free pistons ($375 worth), $200 tax and $50 to my dealer.  Now I'm at $1300 for two cans and all I really wanted was a 22 can but the special is almost too cheap to pass up.

Ugh....
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ya, I'm waaaaay leaning to just getting a new one.  However that has it's own set of problems.

I'm looking at the Mask for $400 (ish) plus $200 tax and $50 to my dealer for $650.  Then throw in the Dead Air 45 special can deal for $400 ($300 off), some free pistons ($375 worth), $200 tax and $50 to my dealer.  Now I'm at $1300 for two cans and all I really wanted was a 22 can but the special is almost too cheap to pass up.

Ugh....
View Quote
Unfortunately, I don't think you can get both the Ghost discount and the free piston kit. The free piston kit only applies if you buy a Ghost at regular price, based on what I've read here.

Now if you bought two Ghosts, one at regular price and one at the discounted price, you would qualify for the free piston kit...

Any dealers care to confirm regarding the Dead Air promo?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:48:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Also worth noting that you can shoot .22lr through that Ghost. So you could have 3 rimfire cans in your arsenal. The bonus is adding in some centerfire pistol caliber suppression. Entertain the idea of getting your old one rebuilt after those two new stamps cleared the process. I love my Mask.  I'd totally buy a second one if the funds were in my favor right now and hop on that deal also to get the .45 can to go with it.

Good luck with your decision
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I would probably get a new can.  Who doesn’t love a new can!

With that weight it’s probably steel. If it’s stainless I would use the dip. I am not a fan of the dip because of the hazardous waste, etc, but a sealed stainless rimfire can is about all I would dip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top