Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2020 9:04:41 AM EDT
Total noob question.

Got my stuff from TNVC yesterday (wow!)  Gen 3 is sooooo much better than the Gen 1 I got to play with, can't really describe it.

Working on getting my helmet setup.  I'm a wrong handed shooter.  The j-arm is supposed to normally go over your left eye.  Is the only way to get the pvs-14 over your right eye is to adjust the j-arm so it's actually at the bottom of the pvs-14 (upside down)?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Turn the knob to loosen  (right tighty, left loosey) on the front of the J-Arm, then swing it over to your preferred eye, get it lined up then tighten it down.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Turn the knob to loosen  (right tighty, left loosey) on the front of the J-Arm, then swing it over to your preferred eye, get it lined up then tighten it down.
View Quote
Right.... but the arm will be on the bottom side of the PVS afterwards, correct?  That's how I've got it but didn't know if you could disassemble it and reverse it or if it is GTG with the arm in the "upside down" position.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Right.... but the arm will be on the bottom side of the PVS afterwards, correct?  That's how I've got it but didn't know if you could disassemble it and reverse it or if it is GTG with the arm in the "upside down" position.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah that's normal. If you wanted the arm on the top then you'd need a new arm made in an exact mirror image. Think left hand AR-15 vs right hand AR-15.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The PVS14 only has 1 hole in it and the J arm is designed to swing through an arc for left & right eye use as well as adjusting for inter-pupilary distance (which requires you to adjust vertical alignment in your helmets mount)

Don't take anything apart.

DO apply a small square of electrical tape to the two electrical contacts on either side of the threaded insert you screw the J-arm into. There is an "auto-off" function that is universally hated and often confuses new users. Covering the contacts will eliminate this problematic function.

DO lanyard the PVS14 to your helmet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Appreciate all the good info!  An IR pointer is definitely up next.  Can't wait to start with the coyotes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top