Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2021 7:48:01 PM EDT
I’ve been digging out some old brass while loading today. I came across some pre-primed Izzy brass. I remember buying it around 20 yrs ago, from a reloading company- don’t remember who... I don’t remember the story on the brass other than it wasn’t fired. I’m not sure if it was pull down or what.

So my question is looking at the primers and years, do these look Izzy factory primed? It seems the brass colored primers are newer brass, while the silver are older years. Most look to have sealant too.

Any ideas?

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I use TZZ-90 brass that came the same way, for my match brass. I just removed the primers, then match prepped the brass, and loaded it. They now have 7 firings (I anneal after every firing) and the have performed excellently.  I would be interested in any unfired TZZ-90 brass, if you decide to part with it.

I can't attest to the TZ brass.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve used TZ and TZZ trough a semi M2 without problems. There was some powder granules stuck inside some cases so I used a nylon brush inside each one before loading.
The older brass was UK or NK marked which mostly was fine but I think one generated a split case which didn’t bother the M2 but would make me cautious to use in something else.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use TZZ-90 brass that came the same way, for my match brass. I just removed the primers, then match prepped the brass, and loaded it. They now have 7 firings (I anneal after every firing) and the have performed excellently.  I would be interested in any unfired TZZ-90 brass, if you decide to part with it.

I can't attest to the TZ brass.
View Quote

Not trying to one-up you, but I've been using the same TZZ-90 for about 10 years, with probably 30 firings on some of it.
I've split a few, and the pockets are getting loose, but I can still use most of it.
I wish I had 500 more of them.

I have some TZZ 95 and it's not near as durable.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Texas - Long Range is BigDog58 elsewhere.

Do you need to borrow my case head resizer for your PP stretched brass ?

(Haven't been here for quite a while.)
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top