Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2018 9:49:06 PM EDT
Found a nice little Ithaca 37 Featherweight that I’d like to SBS.  Seems like the easiest thing to do is submit a stamp to do it myself.  Can I used someone else’s tools/equipment to complete the project if needed once approved?  Or would I be better off paying an SOT to do it?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Get your approved form one, have a friend with the tools cut it to desired length, file to fit, paint to match.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:51:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Send it to Rose action Sports and get it choked.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#3]
two ways to do it

1 - pay a SOT to do it on a form 2 and then transfer it on a form 4 (or if out of state form 3 to your local dealer then form 4 to you)

2 - form 1 it, cut the barrel down to <18" or OAL <26", then either finish it yourself or send to gunsmith to finish it to your specs

Or if the barrel is removable, you can send it out to a gunsmith to be shortened after the form 1 comes back
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for responses fellas
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send it to Rose action Sports and get it choked.
View Quote
Why? What are you going to do with a SBS that requires anything other than cylinder bore?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why? What are you going to do with a SBS that requires anything other than cylinder bore?
View Quote
Put a Salvo on it. I’ve actually hunted with mine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#7]
You can easily cut the barrel with a sharp pipe cutter, using grease to keep the rollers from marking.  Deburr with 120/320 grit sandpaper and a dowel.  It is easy to drill and tap for a replacement bead if you have a good eye.

I have seen me do it.

Like stated, do your own paperwork for the experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top