Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2018 5:28:01 PM EDT
I shoot it suppressed with CCI SV or Aguila SV. Every magazine or two thru it, ill get a nasty jam up.

An empty case isnt leaving the gun and is getting wedged between the metal bolt slide bar and the upper itself. I have to pry it out.

Im not mag dumping, just double taps and quick shooting.

Anyone experience this before ?
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume it is a 16" barrel and has it always did this?  How does your extractor look? I think Volquartsen makes a better extractor for the 15/22 than the original.  How does it run unsuppressed?

I have a 4" barrel on mine and shoot it suppressed 100 percent of the time.  I didn't have any extracting issues. I did have issues with a geisselle g2 trigger and had to remove it. I placed back to the stock trigger and haven't had an issue since.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I havent shot it unsurpressed

I did add JP 3.5 springs, that is the only change ive made. Just wondering if the surpressor and SV ammo is too weak to slam the bolt back and get the round out or could be a tight chamber.

With 10/22 barrels we would take flitz and micro polish the chamber to get rounds to fit better (would take the tightest .22 ammo and use that as a gauge)
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
My unsupressed gun barely runs cci standard. Not having a suppressor I am not sure if the suppressor adds or subtracts back pressure.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Me.....I'd just try some different ammo.  Before, I'd throw in the towel.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, ordered a Volquartsen Extractor, so ill strip AR down, clean and lube it real well and replace the extractor.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
*UPDATE*

Installed extractor and in the process launched the spring...took awhile but finally found it, lol.

Cleaned the spring and plunger and the channel real well and got it all assembled, takes about .5 seconds to change one, lol. Unless you lose the spring and plunger in the process

Test fire rifle out back and it was flinging rounds out of gun like a champ. Ill see how it does with a couple hundred rounds thru it.

Doing some light reading, I was seeing that the early M&P 15-22s had all kinda issues. I got mine in 2016 and it has a "BLUE" spring on the bolt , apparently this was an upgrade to the earlier ones.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad to hear your results!
I just ordered 2 extractors to do both of mine as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top