Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2018 6:53:22 PM EDT
Looking at an Israeli Heavy Barrel FAL that the local shop has on display. The rifle is in really nice condition and is on a CAI Imbel L1A1 Sporter receiver.

I’m always skeptical of everything Centrury so what is the general opinion of these rifles? Also they are asking $1400.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d be wary. A) it’s Century. B) inch mags are more scarce than metric. C) to a purist, its a travesty putting an inch pattern Imbel on an Israeli HB kit.
If you’re ready to drop that kind of money, get a correct DSA receiver and find an Izzy HB kit. They come up now and then. I don’t think $1400 is worth FOing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Double check that Imbel L1A1 receiver it might be machined for metric mags.

If so I'd consider it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Double check that Imbel L1A1 receiver it might be machined for metric mags.

If so I'd consider it.
View Quote
I’m going to take some of my surplus metric mags and see if they fit. I know the guys at the shop quite well and maybe I can run a magazine through it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Metric mags will kinda fit if it's cut for inch mags but maybe not well enough.

Look into front area of mag well and see if it has a large cut for inch mags or the smaller cut for metric.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top