Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Pricy!
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Still have mine from last time to build.

Still, if they go on sale I'd be tempted. Just glad to see more kits coming in at all.

Now if some heavy barrel kits with bipods come in, I'll be sorely tempted
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought they where 299 last time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
They were it's typical PSA stuff, they bought the left over inventory for DSArms from what I heard then sold the first batch at 299, those sold out fast so they released the 2nd batch and higher prices. They say these are in better shape but aside from the wood being worn on my first batch kit the metal was fine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Given how the heyday of FAL kit building is probably 10 years behind us, I'm surprised PSA would do this again.  They ended up blowing out all their kits and mags the last time after they didn't sell at their original prices.

Hopefully in a couple months they'll clearance these out too.  Kinda want a spare lower and bolt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Did IMI do FAL uppers?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did IMI do FAL uppers?
View Quote

I believe all the original Israeli FAL receivers were made by SBL
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Are barrels & receivers easy to come by? This is my introduction to the FAL...
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are barrels & receivers easy to come by? This is my introduction to the FAL...
View Quote

DSA is the only real source of new production and there are no reliable sources of surplus. They are cranking out both barrels and receivers, but sell out in a day or less when they restock.

Barrels are $180 and are not drilled for gas port and block, and are not threaded. When you get the barrel, you can send it back in for custom work to get it threaded and the gas block from your kit mounted. $60 for threading, $60 for gas port and block install.

Receiver is $425 for cast, $575 got forged. I went with cast as I see myself putting thousands of rounds through it semi auto, rather than tens of thousands full auto.

Tools will probably run you $200ish for a build, so might as well build a couple to spread out the cost I've built one so far, and am hooked on both the fun of the build and shooting the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

DSA is the only real source of new production and there are no reliable sources of surplus. They are cranking out both barrels and receivers, but sell out in a day or less when they restock.

Barrels are $180 and are not drilled for gas port and block, and are not threaded. When you get the barrel, you can send it back in for custom work to get it threaded and the gas block from your kit mounted. $60 for threading, $60 for gas port and block install.

Receiver is $425 for cast, $575 got forged. I went with cast as I see myself putting thousands of rounds through it semi auto, rather than tens of thousands full auto.

Tools will probably run you $200ish for a build, so might as well build a couple to spread out the cost I've built one so far, and am hooked on both the fun of the build and shooting the rifle.
View Quote

Thank you, much appreciated...
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a deal at 3, 5 feels expensive with completion costs factored in
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I picked up 5 kits at the 299 each.   Have since picked up 2 barrels and 2 receivers.   Will get them sent in one of these days.   Pick  the best kits out of the 5 and keep 3 kits.   2 for builds and one for spare parts.   Then sell the other 2 kits.   Only picked up 6 mags at the time.  Should have gotten more.  Just because.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top