Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2023 11:20:54 AM EDT
Brand new NT4 flash hider I installed on a rifle.  Shot 90 rounds suppressed on it, and this is how it looks.  It has worn the grooves down and appears to be going into the bare metal, primarily on the left side of the flash hider when looking down range...  

I have other NT4 flash hiders on other hosts with suppressed rounds and they don't look like this......

Just curious if its normal or if others have the same experience?  

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF

If that's a legit KAC product, you should contact [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF

If that's a legit KAC product, you should contact [email protected]
View Quote

Definitely a legit KAC flash hider.   Will do!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
That does not look like any NT4 flash hider I’ve ever seen. It should have annular grooves around the slots in the FH.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Not filled with carbon? Seems like the can would have to be spinning several hundred rpm to wear that in just 90 rounds. It doesn't appear to be super soft material because the holes aren't eroded or elongated that I can tell from the pictures.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a KAC flash hider according to my receipt when I purchased it.   Came in the little box and sealed in plastic like all the other NT4 flash hiders I have bought.  

As you can see in these pics, this is the right side of the flash hider and the grooves are present.   The left side however, it is getting grinded into the metal.  I thought perhaps it was carbon just building up, but that usually can be scraped off with a brass/bronze wire brush and even picked out to reveal the grooves.  This flash hider, you can see its down to the shiny metal.  

I also noticed that on this particular flash hider...it was very tight getting the NT4 suppressor to slip on, unlike my other NT4 flash hiders.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#7]
That doesn’t seem right.

I’d get that thing back to KAC for a swap.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Contacted KAC through email when SxPxDx gave me the info, and was issued a RMA number.  Sent the flash hider back, and had a new one delivered to my home yesterday.   What more could you ask for these days....?    LOVE KAC!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top