Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2018 5:13:14 PM EDT
Ok, I got the stamps, parts, recipes, thought I was all set.  I picked up a Harbor Freight 8" drillpress on sale and have discovered it's just a 40lb hunk of junk.  Even at low speeds, the drill bit wobbles to some degree and it gets worse the further you plunge down. I can't imagine being able to stay any where close to center and consistent.

Then I found this model.  It's highly reviewed and fits my budget.  Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQONFY6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Pd7WBbEN420AK
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes

Do you plan to keep it?  I ask because Home Depot sells the Rigid 15" for the same price. Home Depot, if local, is also great for short term "rentals".
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes

Do you plan to keep it?  I ask because Home Depot sells the Rigid 15" for the same price. Home Depot, if local, is also great for short term "rentals".
View Quote
Yep, would be a keeper most likely.  Figure once setup on the workbench I can find other uses for it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Handy to have for other things.
I have a similar Ryobi I purchased at my local fire hall's 'truck load tool sale'.
Reconditioned, was like brand new, still in perfect shape, about 50% less than a new one.
A lot of 'refurbs' are used by the customer once, for a task, then returned.
Have to be sent back to factory for a more thorough inspection than a new one receives.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy the best machinery you can afford.  Good machinery will last a lifetime and is endlessly handy in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top