Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2018 8:56:45 PM EDT
After years with a Fort Knox with 4 replacement S&G E-pads, I just want a friggin key only lock. Something 20gun with shelves but compact somewhat? Does anyone know where to look?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just install a mechanical s&g lock on your safe? With practice it takes less than 15 seconds to open.
A keyed safe is not very safe!
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
They do make high security key locks for safes, and you can install those on your current gun safes as well.   Your local safe tech should be able to assist.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Combo lock with a key. There is a "Day Lock" feature. Close the safe, turn the wheel slightly to a notch and then you can lock the dial with the key. I didn't opt for an electronic lock. No regrets for me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 12:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not just install a mechanical s&g lock on your safe? With practice it takes less than 15 seconds to open.
View Quote
Well, Ft Knox sold me a dial lock but I have to install it on their lifetime warranty safe. They said it involved fitment of parts, etc.
Really!?
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, Ft Knox sold me a dial lock but I have to install it on their lifetime warranty safe. They said it involved fitment of parts, etc.
Really!?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really!?
Yes really the spindle on the dial lock will
Be extra long due to varying door thicknesses and will need to be cut to work with yours. Also the key that ties the spindle to the lock mechanism needs to go in 1 of 4 slots depending on the orientation of your bolt work.

If you don’t know what I’m talking about. Call a safe guy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes really the spindle on the dial lock will
Be extra long due to varying door thicknesses and will need to be cut to work with yours. Also the key that ties the spindle to the lock mechanism needs to go in 1 of 4 slots depending on the orientation of your bolt work.

If you don't know what I'm talking about. Call a safe guy.
View Quote
I believe I'll have to, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Go with an mechanical S&G
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have converted 4 timedelay locks to s&g dials. It was not hard and they have been workng for years. If you use a key lock you will one day need it and cant find it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top