Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2024 1:41:30 PM EDT
I would love to have a decked out Surefire IR scout type of light. I just don’t think I can justify spending $500ish on it.
What else is there? I don’t really want to go the TLR IR route. I also don’t want some shit ass Amazon special. Looking for mid tier.
I was looking at Arisaka set ups but it looks like they are out of stock on about everything IR related. At least on their web site. Even then it looked like it would be about $400.

Is this going to be another one of those situations where just biting the bullet and paying top dollar for the best stuff is the answer? I recently did this with the damn Eotech and mount.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Inforce — switch between IR and white light. Good, not great.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I found a used m952v on ebay for about 150.
I also have an inforce which is pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a FandyFire, basically chinese. You can do throw or spot. I trust it as much as any $20 light. So for messing around, maybe, but otherwise probably not worth it.

I got a used surefire. the white light on it is garbage but the IR throw is worth it. And this is from a surefire hater.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hellishhorses:
Inforce — switch between IR and white light. Good, not great.
View Quote

Looks like they have a gen3 now.

INFORCE Weapon Mount Light (WMLx) Gen 3 White / IR Tactical Flashlight
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
I have a FandyFire, basically chinese. You can do throw or spot. I trust it as much as any $20 light. So for messing around, maybe, but otherwise probably not worth it.

I got a used surefire. the white light on it is garbage but the IR throw is worth it. And this is from a surefire hater.
View Quote

You recommend the Fandyfire for general NV plinking use on a 22 or 9mm?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#7]
Weltool LH2 head on the 18650 body of your choice, or one of their complete lights

See that super faint dot on the left?  That is a Holosun LS420G IR laser and illuminator.  The light on the right is the Weltool LH2 head on a Reptilia Torch body.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Inimicalone:
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Inimicalone:
View Quote

OP, If you do this,  beware that the early surefire leds had a flickering issue with the white light.  I also got a good deal on one of these for like 70 bucks and it flickers.  I'll likely still use it for the IR.
Some have had luck with surefire warranting old lights,  and others have been told that these were mil only and won't warranty them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#10]
@ak4784 I found a m600 vamp on the EE for $180.  If you stalk it you can prob grab deals.  Make sure you check both light sections AND the night vision section for lights.  

Also, I streamlight makes a light.  These pop up too

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/tlr-vir-ii
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I'm sub $300 with my 300 body, ir light head, inline mount, and tail cap. But I scoured the ee for a month or so to do it
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:18:44 AM EDT
[#12]
So the Inforce seems nice…however. I am a right handed shooter. I would want the light mounted on the outer side of my rifle. Seems like the button wouldn’t be in a very good position to activate on that side of the rifle.

If that makes sense lol.

Any opinions on that?

Also are those only rail mounted? I guess I’ll go google it and see if MLOK is an option.

Thanks for the options guys. Keep them coming.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#14]
The goonbeam white lights look like a great value. I'm going to try one out soon. They have IR as well. Made in Chy-na.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Arisaka EXir250

https://arisakadefense.com/300-series-light-kit/

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KC-ROUGHNECK:
The goonbeam white lights look like a great value. I'm going to try one out soon. They have IR as well. Made in Chy-na.
View Quote

I bought a goonbeam IR and it is ok for the price.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

I second the Inforce as a "mid" option, they do what they say they do, and are reasonably effective, but not the most durable or adaptable option. They can also be pretty nice as a helmet light, though they take up a lot of space.

As far as using it outboard, it's not really my preference or recommendation, but some far better shooters than I have been known to run them in an outboard configuration with the button activation basically being by wrapping their support hand around the underside of the handguard, and using the fingers (not thumb) to activate the button. Alternatively, depending how narrow your handguard is and if you like the "thumb over top C-Clamp grip" you could also mount it in a more "45 degree" orientation on the outboard side, and use your thumb across the top of the rail to push the button--this typically either requires the laser (assuming 12 o'clock mounting) to be either pushed all the way forward and light a little further back, or, if you're into that sort of thing, pushing the laser all the way to the rear and either raising it on a riser platform, or just dealing with the potential obstruction... FWIW, a lot of the types of guys that came up with the "Hydra" and similar mounts come from organizations where the use of Inforce lights is fairly common.

Finally, while it doesn't exactly do what you're asking, another "somewhat common" implementation of the Inforce I've seen is to mount it to the top of the rail and use the "thumb over top" to activate, and side-mounting the laser.

~Augee
View Quote

I've run inforce lights in the 12 o'clock position and it works well with a little practice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:03:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SOCTAC] [#19]
The inforce is a flood light, great for a helmet or lighting up a short building, not great for distances.

ETA: TNVC torch lights are lime $200
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#20]
My Inforce has such bad PWM that my Sionyx Aurora gets a bunch of horizontal lines when I try recording anything.   Doesn't affect my PVS-14, but if you do anything digital it may be something to be aware of.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Weltool LH2 or the Z-Bolt Blazer IR head. In particular, the Z-Bolt has adjustable focus and is compatible with a VWS diffuser cap, which makes it a real one-stop-shop for IR lighting. It's big, though. The SG-15 is also a good option, and the IR illuminator seems less likely to lose its zero.

Unfortunately, as with all things NV, there is a "pay to play" aspect to support gear like this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:32:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#22]
I have a Luna ELIR 3, Arisaka IR LED, and civilian IR laser. You should know the Arisaka has so much flood and overall output that you blind yourself to anything past what you illuminate. Your tubes auto gate down and everything past what you are illuminating is in the dark.

The LUNA ELIR 3 solves this issue by having way less spill and adjustable intensity while having equal capability or better at long range depending on focus and power. The down side is a much narrower beam and much less rugged construction. That said... while the LUNA with filter removed is technically a "high power laser" it gets crushed by true high powered conventional IR lasers, the LED emitter from the DBAL D2, and even civilian VCSEL lasers IMO.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pointman91] [#23]
None of my shooting buddies can believe how good my streamlight tlrvisII is, when I looked it up before buying every place said it was only good for around 150 yards but I can CLEARLY see it at 300 ( haven't tried it further yet). Not saying it's more than what it is but it fits my needs.

Edit because OP was asking about lights and I was referring to the laser of the streamlight, the laser is much better than expected but the light is fairly weak for outdoors use.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top