Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 11:46:11 PM EDT
Hey all.

I’d like to do a 22LR suppressor.  I don’t know enough about the options to start the process though.  If there is a forum that’s dedicated to Form 1 builds and help, I’d like to join up and start learning and hopefully get the approval process started.  

Any suggestions you can give will be appreciated.
BD
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
https://form1suppressor.boards.net
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#2]
You're in it, ask away?

1st though, what kind of tools and experience do you have?

Also where in OH, if close to Cinci your options might open up tremendously
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The guys over at the form1boards don't usually answer if you show up and ask questions without doing a little research first.

I did some reading over there, ended up with an XRT tube, cones, caps, and a jig from number40fan over there.  Clipped using a dremel.

Wasn't difficult, and I'm very happy with the results.

Feel free to PM me if you want more specific info.  The Eforms page is a PITA, but once you figure it out you can get through it pretty quickly, and wait time is only about a month.

I did a trust with nationalguntrusts, and had Tarheel doing the engraving on the tube.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quietbore has good instructions on their site:

https://www.quietbore.com/2019/09/16/atf-eform-1-electronic-filing-guide/
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guys over at the form1boards don't usually answer if you show up and ask questions without doing a little research first.

View Quote

Definitely.

It's a great resource for the F1 community, but you're expected to put in some effort before requesting help.  If you sign up and post a thread basically asking knowledgeable members to spoon feed you information and links to put together a perfect can, you'll pretty much be told to kick rocks just like the fifty eleven thousand people who asked that before you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Definitely.

It's a great resource for the F1 community, but you're expected to put in some effort before requesting help.  If you sign up and post a thread basically asking knowledgeable members to spoon feed you information and links to put together a perfect can, you'll pretty much be told to kick rocks just like the fifty eleven thousand people who asked that before you.
View Quote

Or some good information that would be GREAT to have posted, is hidden behind silencer students paywall patreon.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Or some good information that would be GREAT to have posted, is hidden behind silencer students paywall patreon.
View Quote

Yeah, who does he think he is. I mean, it's not like he didn't spend thousands on a meter, countless stamps, and ammo. He should just give that info away for free; $10 is way too much to ask.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, who does he think he is. I mean, it's not like he didn't spend thousands on a meter, countless stamps, and ammo. He should just give that info away for free; $10 is way too much to ask.
View Quote

Easy there confrontational cowboy (jokingly name I have given you with how many threads get derailed when you give good info ha) I get that metering, baffle configs, tests etc cost money. I was talking about more simple things. He said in a thread that he has info I need, so I will pay 10bucks for a month if needed for the info I need, but this is more along the line of the manufacture should have supplied the measurements that I needed. Not SS.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted: confrontational cowboy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted: confrontational cowboy

Funny thing is, I wear a cowboy hat that belonged to my late grandfather.
Quoted: so I will pay 10bucks for a month

And you'll like it
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Funny thing is, I wear a cowboy hat that belonged to my late grandfather.

And you'll like it
View Quote

Way to be a buzz kill with my joke! Nice though. I am sure I will like his content. I have no doubts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Way to be a buzz kill with my joke!
View Quote

There I go again
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks all.  

I won’t make the mistake of going there and asking things out of the blue.  I’ll start reading and watching user videos to gain some knowledge.

I am only looking at a 22LR suppressor for pistol and rifle right now.  I’ll see how this all goes when I feel confident in starting the process, and after that I might go for another but in an AR in 5.56 or 300 Blk.

I’m glad I can ask questions here.  Makes me feel much more at ease when I have my ignorance in the subject on full display!!!
??

I’ll certainly be taking advantage of the kind members here.  Thank you very much for helping me with this.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks all.  

Larry
View Quote

The shit of it all is on how much you really want to learn. If you are interested in the physics, well it could get that deep. If you are just trying to get your feet wet, people will help. My first form 1 and this current build I am doing it being re-cored by Ecco. Nick did great work and people shit when they hear my can because it is very quiet for 5.56. Now that my feet are a little wet and I am not as green, I just picked up a Maverick Merlin tube, and I will try to this on my own. I do not own a lathe so I will order cups that I have found, but I will get a jig, and the correct Dremel attachment and clip and bore it all myself. My even take a shot at engraving it myself, and last but not least, paint it myself.

The skill gap is quite large for this community. Guys like Nick, User, and SS who just do some fucking space magic shit. Then there is guys like me, smart enough to make something happen, but not metal workers by trade. There is tools to help aid the process. Just know your limits and when to ask for help before you waste hundreds of dollars just to fuck something up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#14]
OP,
If it’s your first can and you want a 22lr just get the Quiet Bore kit. I had ECCO do my first .223, but wanted to give it a try myself. From the day I submitted my Form 1 to firing my first test fire round took 32 days. Quiet Bore’s 22lr kits are easy and almost fool proof. And they don’t look bad either
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 2:33:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#16]
https://form1.org
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#17]
xrttactical.com. probably the most popular on the form 1 forums. different style tubes, and material cones. cones and radials. i went all stainless, lighter than you think and drop stainless in clr overnight, take out rinse under faucet and they no joke look like the day you drilled them out.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

seriously nice machining too...
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#19]
@bigwaylon

He's made the process so easy...even a caveman can do it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top