Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2020 11:28:09 PM EDT
I know everyone has their own favorite YT reviewers and who's reviews they trust.  Whenever GT has done a review on a gun I either own or one that I have some experience with, they have always aligned with my general experience and opinions on the gun. So after watching his review, it really surprised me how much he liked it compared to the MP5 which he loves. And rightfully does. So, would you guys say it is that good?

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
No because it’s a Sig, and your just a beta tester.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got one, and I've only done one range trip with it, but I had a shit ton of fun with it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I was pretty amped when the mpx came out back in the day, but their decision to use an AR style charging handle killed the concept for me. Stupid decision made even worse by being proprietary. At any rate, I went the scorpion route instead. Also have an mp5.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
They used the AR-style charging handle to keep the same manual of arms as the M4/16.  As for it being proprietary...it's not an AR...and I can think of three different companies that make a replacement off the top of my head.

OP, I watched the same video, but I had already decided that I was going to get one.  While my experience has been limited to 250ish rounds, I was very pleased.  The Timney trigger is pretty awesome.  I have some reduced size steel targets that are about the size of a sheet of writing paper.  I could do 4-6 round "bursts" with it, and ring the target at 20yards with each shot pretty easily.  You can spit out four or five rounds in about a second.  

I am really excited to try to suppress mine.  My 3-lug adapter for the muzzle is in the mail, and I'm going to order the part for the Octane in the next week or so.

What I'm not overly wild about is having so many members of the gun community conduct semi/non-scientific tests and then proclaim them as gospel.  MAC's video on the "OMG MPX DEFECTIVE!" is downright cringe if you believe in the scientific method at all.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol! I find all the Sig negativity stuff amusing. You guys keep talkin. I’ll stay on the range having great success with all my Sig stuff (no I’m not a fan boy).

OP, yes the MPX is worth every penny.
Stuff you should know:
Most MPX’s need to be broken in with at least 200 rounds of supersonic ammo, cleaned then lubed.

You’ll hear they are gassy. Yet again talk is cheap. I’ll be on the range shooting and not noticing the gas. In my experience “gassy” is a function of the ammo you shoot and the suppressor you use. I run Gen2’s, shoot an Obsidian can and reload with Titegroup.

Add a Timney single stage for a truly amazing package
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#6]
"the mpx definitely falls into a different category vs a lot of the other pccs/smgs that we've talked about, this is a professional firearm, it's made for professional end users to use in austere and non-permissive environments etc. etc."

I really expected to hear more screaming about this statement but so far not so much...
(full disclosure I own an Mpx and love it, but am not a professional)
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I don’t have the K. I’ve run thousands of rounds through mine and it is a champ, I also agree it’s recoil performance is fantastic.

It is gassy as hell suppressed. I’ve tried all kinds of cans and ammo. Of all my PCC’s it is the worst.

That said, it’s one of my favorites and recommend it to others. I mostly shoot supers through it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t have the K. I’ve run thousands of rounds through mine and it is a champ, I also agree it’s recoil performance is fantastic.

It is gassy as hell suppressed. I’ve tried all kinds of cans and ammo. Of all my PCC’s it is the worst.

That said, it’s one of my favorites and recommend it to others. I mostly shoot supers through it.
View Quote

Tried a MK9K yet? Got a chance to use one on my MPXK, before I parted ways with it. Was rather pleasant and had minimal blowback. I'll probably grab an updated MPX setup sometime in the future but will just use my SP5K for now.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:52:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I had an MPX.. I liked it well enough..  shot my TiRant 9 on it.. it was great..   It just never got shot as much as it should have..  I had a buyer for it and more toys I wanted, so I sold it..  If I was to buy another 9mm subgun I would think about it but may pass unless I can figure out how to make it a post sample as easy as an MP5 kit. lol   but stuck to semi only mpx for sure  and put an aftermarket trigger in in ( which I got tired of waiting on )
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#10]
MPX Gen 1 has been awesome for me. Just have to break down and clean the piston every 3-5k rounds.

MPX by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No because it’s a Sig, and your just a beta tester.
View Quote

You know I use to think that because of the stories I heard about the 'gen 1' version. From the reviews I have heard, any issues that were with the 'gen 1' seem to have been resolved with the current gen gun.

Quoted:
I just got one, and I've only done one range trip with it, but I had a shit ton of fun with it.
View Quote

Yeah I remember you stating you just got one. I look forward to seeing what you think of it as you get more time with it.

Quoted:
I was pretty amped when the mpx came out back in the day, but their decision to use an AR style charging handle killed the concept for me. Stupid decision made even worse by being proprietary. At any rate, I went the scorpion route instead. Also have an mp5.
View Quote

What is wrong with the AR style CH? I don't mind that to be honestly. Other than the initial reload and any potential clearing issues, you don't really need to use the CH for much. Radian MPX CH seems to fix any issues the factory CH has.

I had a CZ Scorpion that I enjoyed when I owned it. It got me into the 9mm PCC game. But after getting a Stribog and MP5, MP5 reverse stretch, the Scorpion just didn't offer me anything over those. So I ended up selling it to fund something else.  

Quoted:
They used the AR-style charging handle to keep the same manual of arms as the M4/16.  As for it being proprietary...it's not an AR...and I can think of three different companies that make a replacement off the top of my head.

OP, I watched the same video, but I had already decided that I was going to get one.  While my experience has been limited to 250ish rounds, I was very pleased.  The Timney trigger is pretty awesome.  I have some reduced size steel targets that are about the size of a sheet of writing paper.  I could do 4-6 round "bursts" with it, and ring the target at 20yards with each shot pretty easily.  You can spit out four or five rounds in about a second.  

I am really excited to try to suppress mine.  My 3-lug adapter for the muzzle is in the mail, and I'm going to order the part for the Octane in the next week or so.

What I'm not overly wild about is having so many members of the gun community conduct semi/non-scientific tests and then proclaim them as gospel.  MAC's video on the "OMG MPX DEFECTIVE!" is downright cringe if you believe in the scientific method at all.  
View Quote

If the GT review video of the MPX is true, then I am definitely going to get one. I love my MP5. Great shooting gun. But if the MPX has the same soft shooting, accuracy and reliability of the MP5 + modern ergonomics and modularity, then I really want one. The current MPX sounds like it fixed whatever issues it first had when introduced to the market.

Quoted:
Lol! I find all the Sig negativity stuff amusing. You guys keep talkin. I’ll stay on the range having great success with all my Sig stuff (no I’m not a fan boy).

OP, yes the MPX is worth every penny.
Stuff you should know:
Most MPX’s need to be broken in with at least 200 rounds of supersonic ammo, cleaned then lubed.

You’ll hear they are gassy. Yet again talk is cheap. I’ll be on the range shooting and not noticing the gas. In my experience “gassy” is a function of the ammo you shoot and the suppressor you use. I run Gen2’s, shoot an Obsidian can and reload with Titegroup.

Add a Timney single stage for a truly amazing package
View Quote

The current generation comes with a Timney stock. From what I have heard the trigger is quite nice.  

I am curious, how many rounds have you gun through it so far and any issues at all during that time?

Quoted:
"the mpx definitely falls into a different category vs a lot of the other pccs/smgs that we've talked about, this is a professional firearm, it's made for professional end users to use in austere and non-permissive environments etc. etc."

I really expected to hear more screaming about this statement but so far not so much...
(full disclosure I own an Mpx and love it, but am not a professional)
View Quote

It is the truth though. Sig did submit the MPX to the Army SMG trials that B&T won. So it was definitely designed for professional use.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

When you say the Sig MPX is the worst performer for gas blowback when shot suppressed I am curious what kind of suppressor you are using? Some guys swear it is gassy. Others say it isn't. Has to be can specific. Is yours a small volume 9mm can?

Quoted:

Tried a MK9K yet? Got a chance to use one on my MPXK, before I parted ways with it. Was rather pleasant and had minimal blowback. I'll probably grab an updated MPX setup sometime in the future but will just use my SP5K for now.

https://i.imgur.com/KyX5KRo.jpg
View Quote

How was that compared to say a suppressed roller delayed MP5 in terms of blowback?

Quoted:
I had an MPX.. I liked it well enough..  shot my TiRant 9 on it.. it was great..   It just never got shot as much as it should have..  I had a buyer for it and more toys I wanted, so I sold it..  If I was to buy another 9mm subgun I would think about it but may pass unless I can figure out how to make it a post sample as easy as an MP5 kit. lol   but stuck to semi only mpx for sure  and put an aftermarket trigger in in ( which I got tired of waiting on )
View Quote

I have a full size MP5 and just recently sold a MP5 reverse stretch to a friend. So, I am looking at the Sig MPX K to take over the MP5 reverse stretch for me and be a little more modern and compact to throw into a backpack.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MPX Gen 1 has been awesome for me. Just have to break down and clean the piston every 3-5k rounds.

https://live.staticflickr.com/1839/43011335365_a34a9d59e3_b.jpgMPX by J M, on Flickr
View Quote

Nice looking setup. Other than cleaning the piston every 3-5K rounds, any other maintenance you had to perform over that round count that was memorable?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When you say the Sig MPX is the worst performer for gas blowback when shot suppressed I am curious what kind of suppressor you are using? Some guys swear it is gassy. Others say it isn't. Has to be can specific. Is yours a small volume 9mm can?

How was that compared to say a suppressed roller delayed MP5 in terms of blowback?

I have a full size MP5 and just recently sold a MP5 reverse stretch to a friend. So, I am looking at the Sig MPX K to take over the MP5 reverse stretch for me and be a little more modern and compact to throw into a backpack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/KyX5KRo.jpg

Quoted:

Blowback on the MPX was more than the MP5K or MP5SD. I'd liken the blowback to that of a properly setup suppressed AR.

Keep in mind, my MPX with the MK9K was only ever shot in doors, would be even better outside.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Blowback on the MPX was more than the MP5K or MP5SD. I'd liken the blowback to that of a properly setup suppressed AR.

Keep in mind, my MPX with the MK9K was only ever shot in doors, would be even better outside.
View Quote

That makes sense. I definitely do the vast majority of my shooting outdoors. Did you ever feel gassed out after doing multiple quick shoots in a row?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That makes sense. I definitely do the vast majority of my shooting outdoors. Did you ever feel gassed out after doing multiple quick shoots in a row?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, was a night and day difference over my Octane 9, which absolutely SUCKED on the MPX. I'm thinking most people feel the MPX is horrid suppressed because they use pistol cans and not a proper subgun/PCC can.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nice looking setup. Other than cleaning the piston every 3-5K rounds, any other maintenance you had to perform over that round count that was memorable?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/1839/43011335365_a34a9d59e3_b.jpgMPX by J M, on Flickr

Nothing other than a routine wipe down and check carbon on the extractor.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Here are the can's I've used on my MPX: Octane 9 and 45; Osprey 9 and 45; Omega 9K

I have a few others that I've not tried yet; however, I kind of gave up. I have TBAC's and AAC's as well - if someone thinks I'll get different results with those, I'm willing to give it a shot.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes GT is spot on. Been saying it for years. Never had a malfunction in what...9k now? Atleast...

I put in ILWT strong springs and Tacoms buffer stop at the same time. One or the other did make a difference.

Timey ain't got shit on hiperfire as far as triggers for the mpx. Not even close. Looking forward to their mcx trigger.

Mag prices suck. But I would rather them be better mags and more expensive than cheaper and cheaper.

Collapsible stock / brace is the best I've tried.

It is gassy. I dont mind it as much as a gassy AR. 9mm burnt powder dosent seem as bad as say...223.

Mpx and virtus sig got right

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nope, was a night and day difference over my Octane 9, which absolutely SUCKED on the MPX. I'm thinking most people feel the MPX is horrid suppressed because they use pistol cans and not a proper subgun/PCC can.
View Quote

Well my current 9mm can (Liberty Mystic X) hasn't gassed me out when used on MP5 full size, MP5 reverse stretch, Stribog or Scorpion. So hopefully it would do well on a MPX K. I plan on getting a YHM R9 once those get released later this year.

What makes a sub gun/PCC can different than a pistol can? The internal volume of the can?

Quoted:

Nothing other than a routine wipe down and check carbon on the extractor.
View Quote

Any estimate how many thousands of rounds you have through it by now?

Quoted:
Yes GT is spot on. Been saying it for years. Never had a malfunction in what...9k now? Atleast...

I put in ILWT strong springs and Tacoms buffer stop at the same time. One or the other did make a difference.

Timey ain't got shit on hiperfire as far as triggers for the mpx. Not even close. Looking forward to their mcx trigger.

Mag prices suck. But I would rather them be better mags and more expensive than cheaper and cheaper.

Collapsible stock / brace is the best I've tried.

It is gassy. I dont mind it as much as a gassy AR. 9mm burnt powder dosent seem as bad as say...223.

Mpx and virtus sig got right

View Quote

With the ILWT reduced recoil springs, how needed are those if running the MPX suppressed full time?

So you don't care for the stock Timney trigger that comes with the current MPX? Is it bad? You prefer the Hiperfire over the Geissele if switching out triggers?

Yeah magazine prices are on the high end, but they seem well made and I haven't heard of any issues with them. They are the same price or a little cheaper than HK MP5 magazines. So not too bad in that regard.

Yeah, I think eventually I would want that SBT collapsible brace instead of the side folding brace.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well my current 9mm can (Liberty Mystic X) hasn't gassed me out when used on MP5 full size, MP5 reverse stretch, Stribog or Scorpion. So hopefully it would do well on a MPX K. I plan on getting a YHM R9 once those get released later this year.

What makes a sub gun/PCC can different than a pistol can? The internal volume of the can?

Any estimate how many thousands of rounds you have through it by now?

With the ILWT reduced recoil springs, how needed are those if running the MPX suppressed full time?

So you don't care for the stock Timney trigger that comes with the current MPX? Is it bad? You prefer the Hiperfire over the Geissele if switching out triggers?

Yeah magazine prices are on the high end, but they seem well made and I haven't heard of any issues with them. They are the same price or a little cheaper than HK MP5 magazines. So not too bad in that regard.

Yeah, I think eventually I would want that SBT collapsible brace instead of the side folding brace.
View Quote

They tend to be made to not increase back pressure by a large amount, as the user has to still be able to see while shooting.

My Octane 9 was so bad that I actually couldn't see when shooting, with my MPX. It got up under my shooting glasses and wreaked havoc. Swapped over to the MK9K and I could do bursts with no issues.

I did use my Octane 9 on a Zenith k clone for a little, before it beat itself to death. Personally never going to purchase a Turkish made POS again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:14:06 AM EDT
[#22]
In my opinion, the only thing he missed in his review is the dust cover is plastic. Would prefer metal. For $1800 bucks I don't think thats to much too ask.

Other than that he is spot on. Love my MPX -K.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In my opinion, the only thing he missed in his review is the dust cover is plastic. Would prefer metal. For $1800 bucks I don't think thats to much too ask.

Other than that he is spot on. Love my MPX -K.
View Quote

Technically the polymer dust cover will get a better seal than the standard metal dust covers.

Never had an issue with the cover popping open on my MPXk, no matter how rough with it I was.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#24]
MPX K ordered. Now the wait for Virtus pistol to get into stock.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I put another 200 rounds through mine today.  It is still a ton of fun.

I was shooting in one of the outdoor pistol bays, doing hammered pair transitions on some silhouette targets.  The Timney trigger makes it very easy.  So the guy in the bay next to mine starts trying to do hammered pairs as well with some pistol (probably, I couldn't see him).  So...I load up a 30 rd mag, step to about 15 yards to one of my steel targets that I had set up (~the size of a sheet of paper), and just started blasting 6 round strings at it.  I think the rotation of the bolt causes it to pull to the left a little, at least that's how it felt.

It is possible to outrun the bolt with the trigger, but once you get a good cadence, it certainly can seem like automatic fire.  The bay next to mine fell silent after that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I put another 200 rounds through mine today.  It is still a ton of fun.

I was shooting in one of the outdoor pistol bays, doing hammered pair transitions on some silhouette targets.  The Timney trigger makes it very easy.  So the guy in the bay next to mine starts trying to do hammered pairs as well with some pistol (probably, I couldn't see him).  So...I load up a 30 rd mag, step to about 15 yards to one of my steel targets that I had set up (~the size of a sheet of paper), and just started blasting 6 round strings at it.  I think the rotation of the bolt causes it to pull to the left a little, at least that's how it felt.

It is possible to outrun the bolt with the trigger, but once you get a good cadence, it certainly can seem like automatic fire.  The bay next to mine fell silent after that.
View Quote

I am excited I bought one. Can't wait to get it. Will be gun to compare with my MP5 and my Stribog. If the MPX is as good as GT and others say, I will be happy to have one. They didn't last long for online dealers before going OOS.

Sounds like you are enjoying yours.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:12:23 AM EDT
[#27]
I've had a Gen 1 8 inch since 2015.  Its an effective weapon and up there among the greats of subguns and PCCs.  I have shot and like the K, just don't own one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there anything upgrade wise you guys would recommend I buy before getting the MPX in hand?

Was thinking of the ILWT MPX tri lug so I could run my suppressor right away. Anything else?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#29]
As for gas, on my Gen1 it is very ammo specific, even between brands of 124gr, some will be stinky, others no problem. I did get a raptor charging handle to help with the gas. Also look at the ILWT reduced gas plugs. I use “pistol” sized suppressors.

The gun (mine is 8”) is also a tad heavy. The Lancer Carbon fiber hand guards really help with balance. Very fun gun, soft shooting, and the manual of arms is a clone of an AR so it is quick and easy to run if that’s what you are used to.

@dmjerrywest44, that is a great looking MPX.  Got any other pics of it?  How did you do the paint job?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
As for gas, on my Gen1 it is very ammo specific, even between brands of 124gr, some will be stinky, others no problem. I did get a raptor charging handle to help with the gas. Also look at the ILWT reduced gas plugs. I use “pistol” sized suppressors.

The gun (mine is 8”) is also a tad heavy. The Lancer Carbon fiber hand guards really help with balance. Very fun gun, soft shooting, and the manual of arms is a clone of an AR so it is quick and easy to run if that’s what you are used to.

@dmjerrywest44, that is a great looking MPX.  Got any other pics of it?  How did you do the paint job?
View Quote

Thanks. I have a bunch on my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/130730870@N04/ I just rattle can with some multicam stencils.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I have had my mpx since 2016.  I have a 16” barrel to swap so I can shoot uspsa, and after over 20k rounds I am comfortable saying this gun is awesome.   I suppress my 8” with a Hybrid, and I don’t have any problems with blow back.   The only issues I have had are that it has killed a Geissele trigger and a milspec trigger.  But that’s to be expected
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is there anything upgrade wise you guys would recommend I buy before getting the MPX in hand?

Was thinking of the ILWT MPX tri lug so I could run my suppressor right away. Anything else?
View Quote

I added a Giessle Charging handle. But other than that I didn't think anything else was needed.

Well except the can, but that is still in jail for another month or two.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Next Level handle and lifter block
KE Arms trigger
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Next Level handle and lifter block
KE Arms trigger
View Quote

What is the lifter block for?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#35]
It keeps the charging gun handle from droopping when pulled back. That will prevent a wear mark on the lower receiver.  Functionally meaningless but some people don’t like wear on their guns if they can avoid it. Kinda like putting tape on the brass deflector.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It keeps the charging gun handle from droopping when pulled back. That will prevent a wear mark on the lower receiver.  Functionally meaningless but some people don’t like wear on their guns if they can avoid it. Kinda like putting tape on the brass deflector.
View Quote

Ok thanks. I did notice some YT reviewer did mention some wear because of the CH now that you mention that. Good to know.

Those of you running aftermarket charging handles, between Geissele, Next Level or Radian, is there a big reason to go with one over the others?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks like the Next Level comes with the lifter block so that is a bonus.

The Radian ones may be discontinued and I thought they had some fitment issues between gen 1 and gen 2.

Giessle is GTG in my unit but more expensive option.

If I was buying one right now I would pick the Next Level. Looks like a good deal.

Eta. Anything is going to be better than the stock CH. The lifter was key to keep the charging handle from banging into the kate moss stock I got as well, so depending on what you plan to do that may be a necessity.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 2:13:21 AM EDT
[#38]
I have the Radian for my MPX (Gen 2) and it works great.  I just checked and it is still available on their website https://radianweapons.com/raptor-lt-sig-mpx-charging-handle-w-support-arm

Another good addition to the MPX is either lighter trigger springs or or the Timney trigger https://timneytriggers.com/sig-mpx-trigger/

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#39]
The Next Level charging handle with the lifter block is a “just have”
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Oops....double tap
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you know if the Radian Raptor comes with a lifter block?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cuts out the play and drop that the factory handle has. Its about operation, not aesthetics.....at least for me
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I have an MP5, MP5K, Kriss and the MPX-K. I really like the MPX.

I shot over 800 rounds (suppressed) through it on one occasion without cleaning and it functioned perfectly. No stoppages, etc.

It is a pleasure to shoot (I run an Omega 9K on an ILWT 3-lug adaptor), runs on every ammo I’ve tried, and I don’t experience excess gas (but I probably just don’t notice it).

I ended up putting a slightly longer MLOK hand guard on my K model and nest the suppressor slightly under the hand guards. It gives me just a little extra real estate on the forend to grip the firearm.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I love my MPX-K. Mines the newest one with the MLOK handguard but not the Timney (didn’t want a Timney because of issues I’ve had with them). The dealer I bought it from it came configured with the SB tactical collapsible brace which is what I wanted after shooting the folder which is a POS, and also came with the sig sights, Arisaka blast forward device, and Arisaka rings stop. I added a Geissele trigger, a MRO in a Geissele mount, a Radian CH, extra mags and Taran Tactical extensions on a few of them.

I’m not a Sig fan, but they knocked it out of the park with these things. I have a decked out HK SP5 too and have had two AR9 builds and the Sig is better in every way. IMO it is the ultimate platform of this type of PCC, PDW or whatever you want to call it. Yes, it is as good as Garand Thumb says.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Now TriggerTech just came on the scene with their MPX specific trigger. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. Choose between curved and flat trigger and adjustable pull weight. I think the upcoming HiperFire trigger for PCC is too light at 2lbs.

TriggerTech MPX
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Now TriggerTech just came on the scene with their MPX specific trigger. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. Choose between curved and flat trigger and adjustable pull weight. I think the upcoming HiperFire trigger for PCC is too light at 2lbs.

TriggerTech MPX
View Quote

My experience which mirrors many others has been that Trigger Tech triggers are anything but reliable and best left to competition and range guns, not something you may be trusting your life to. Maybe their MPX trigger will somehow be different (not sure how with the issues other companies have had with them eating triggers), but I would certainly give it at least a full year on the market for some of these guys running 50K+ rounds a year shooting and training for PCC matches to put them through their paces. Only then would I consider one since mine is not a range toy. I'd trust the Timney first because you know that Sig has done extensive testing and it must be pretty reliable especially since it's a pretty expensive component that they're outsourcing which drives up their costs significantly vs something made by them or a GI type trigger.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My experience which mirrors many others has been that Trigger Tech triggers are anything but reliable and best left to competition and range guns, not something you may be trusting your life to. Maybe their MPX trigger will somehow be different (not sure how with the issues other companies have had with them eating triggers), but I would certainly give it at least a full year on the market for some of these guys running 50K+ rounds a year shooting and training for PCC matches to put them through their paces. Only then would I consider one since mine is not a range toy. I'd trust the Timney first because you know that Sig has done extensive testing and it must be pretty reliable especially since it's a pretty expensive component that they're outsourcing which drives up their costs significantly vs something made by them or a GI type trigger.
View Quote

Makes sense. I was not aware of any TriggerTech reliability issues.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#48]
I bought a MPX K a few weeks ago. With all the delays due to COVID-19 I finally got it last week. Got to shoot it a few times now. I will say, the hype is real. This gun is great. Definitely a nicer gun than a MP5. I am happy I made the decision to get one.

Now I can't wait to get my MCX Virtus.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Strongly considering an MPX as a suppressor host. My suppressor is a Silencerco Omega 9k. Any input on this combo? It's between either the MPX (possibly K model) or an HK SP5. I'd just hate to roll the dice on the MPX and still wish I got the SP5.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Strongly considering an MPX as a suppressor host. My suppressor is a Silencerco Omega 9k. Any input on this combo? It's between either the MPX (possibly K model) or an HK SP5. I'd just hate to roll the dice on the MPX and still wish I got the SP5.
View Quote

I don't own a Omega 9k, but my Mystic X isn't bad. This summer I am going to order a YHM R9. But honestly, the MPX K is a better gun than the MP5. Unless you have some nostalgia to the MP5, I think the MPX is the way to go.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top