Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2018 10:29:22 AM EDT
Hello,

I recently just purchased a PVS 14 and was trying to focus the diopter and realized there is a ring with a white dot that is supposed to mark where your diopter setting is at. However my ring spins around. I don't know if you are supposed to "zero" the diopter (i.e. once adjusted and focused for clarity,, you move the ring with the white dot to "0"), or if its supposed to just stay in place.

Any help with this would be great.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely not supposed to turn when you are adjusting the diopter.  That ring with the white dot should be locked down by the locking ring in front (forward) of it.  If it spins when you adjust the diopter, you essentially can't get a repeatable diopter setting.  Not super crucial and it won't negatively affect the unit but if you happen to unscrew the eyepiece out, you'll lose your nitrogen purge.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Double tapped the post
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply....but what do you mean if I unscrew the eyepiece out? I unscrewed it to look at the tube data and serial numbers etc. But I just took out the whole assembly after the locking ring. I didn't take apart the eyepiece lens.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
im realizing on some photos from other pvs14s that a little pin is supposed to go through one of those little holes and keep it from spinning. I am missing this pin and it is not on my pvs14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top