Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2022 11:04:50 AM EDT
Have a older Nikon gen 2 tube. Thinking about sending it out to be moved into a modern housing. Its a beater mono. Just using it around the yard and woods. Any suggestions on who does this kind of work?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notchman] [#1]
If the plan is to make a "beater mono" then I'd try to find a used D300 monocular that has a bad tube or no tube as the price would probably be much less than a PVS-14 without a tube.  Might even find a MUM 14 with a bad or no tube for less also.  If the plan is to make a 'beater mono' for now and to find a Gen3 tube later then I'd get the PVS-14 tubeless kit.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of find a housing and getting it assembled there's a person on the Sioux Falls, IA Craiglist selling a D300 Gen2+ monocular with a TorchPro IR light for $600 which in my opinion isn't a bad deal.  Just do a search on siouxfalls.craiglist.org for "  Gen2+ Night Vision Monocular & IR Light - $600 (ruthven iowa)" and you'll find it.  No affiliation with the seller just passing on info.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Notchman:
If the plan is to make a "beater mono" then I'd try to find a used D300 monocular that has a bad tube or no tube as the price would probably be much less than a PVS-14 without a tube.  Might even find a MUM 14 with a bad or no tube for less also.  If the plan is to make a 'beater mono' for now and to find a Gen3 tube later then I'd get the PVS-14 tubeless kit.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of find a housing and getting it assembled there's a person on the Sioux Falls, IA Craiglist selling a D300 Gen2+ monocular with a TorchPro IR light for $600 which in my opinion isn't a bad deal.  Just do a search on siouxfalls.craiglist.org for "  Gen2+ Night Vision Monocular & IR Light - $600 (ruthven iowa)" and you'll find it.  No affiliation with the seller just passing on info.
View Quote

Just want to keep it a beater. No real reason to put to much into it. Thx for the idea. I'll look into a d300 tube or mum14.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top