Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2023 10:49:53 PM EDT
I know the CMMG RDB bolt is different (and carrier) - but is the barrel or chamber any different from other 9mm AR barrels, or will a CMMG RDB BCG work in ANY 9mm AR barrel?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know the CMMG RDB bolt is different (and carrier) - but is the barrel or chamber any different from other 9mm AR barrels, or will a CMMG RDB BCG work in ANY 9mm AR barrel?
View Quote
See a few threads down....
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Will-a-cmmg-rdb-barrel-extension-fit-on-a-standard-9mm-barrel-/48-542059/
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The Banshee barrel extension is different.  It has locking lugs like a gas operated AR.  The radial delayed blowback system is not interchangeable with standard blowback barrels or bolts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#4]
A 9mm blowback barrel doesn't have a barrel extension.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A 9mm blowback barrel doesn't have a barrel extension.
View Quote

Correct and the CMMG barrels are expensive. Got a 9mm Banshee SBR with 5" barrel and was considering changing it to an 8". $279 on CMMG's website. Ouch!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Might give Paladin Machine in SC a call, they can make AR bbls from blanks, the CMMG 9x19mm bbl extension is a standard AR bbl extension, I believe.

@amphibian
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Might give Paladin Machine in SC a call, they can make AR bbls from blanks, the CMMG 9x19mm bbl extension is a standard AR bbl extension, I believe.

@amphibian
View Quote
As mentioned no my website: https://www.c3junkie.com
I have two custom CMMG RDB barrels.   My 9mm barrel was done by Deadshot barrels and my .45ACP barrel was done by @Madmachinist (Macon Armory).
In both cases, I sent them a stainless straight blowback barrel and a barrel extension and they turned them into CMMG RDB barrels.
For the 9mm barrel, I sent a .40SW RDB bolt instead of 9mm and had him headspace to that bolt instead of 9mm to increase the delay but warning if you do that, you must use a custom fixed ejector if you do that as it will have such a soft recoil impulse that the spring loaded ejector won't kick the brass out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have two custom CMMG RDB barrels.   My 9mm barrel was done by Deadshot barrels and my .45ACP barrel was done by @Madmachinist (Macon Armory).
In both cases, I sent them a stainless straight blowback barrel and a barrel extension and they turned them into CMMG RDB barrels.
For the 9mm barrel, I sent a .40SW RDB bolt instead of 9mm and had him headspace to that bolt instead of 9mm to increase the delay but warning if you do that, you must use a custom fixed ejector if you do that as it will have such a soft recoil impulse that the spring loaded ejector won't kick the brass out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@amphibian

There are now CMMG models that come w/ a fixed ejector.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are now CMMG models that come w/ a fixed ejector.
View Quote
I know...the Dissent but not full auto compatible and not as tunable so zero interest
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know...the Dissent but not full auto compatible and not as tunable so zero interest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  There are now CMMG models that come w/ a fixed ejector.

For us hoi polloi without an autosear, having read of your troubles and others with the bolt face ejector, the fixed ejector models hold much interest.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 2:21:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

For us hoi polloi without an autosear, having read of your troubles and others with the bolt face ejector, the fixed ejector models hold much interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  There are now CMMG models that come w/ a fixed ejector.

For those with ejector issues, this may be of interest:
https://uzitalk.com/forums/index.php?threads/i-did-it-fixed-ejector-rdb.97420/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top