Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 1:43:50 PM EDT
I decided to swap out my SR07-D-IT for a Hot Button /Modbutton setup. This saves about 4 rail slots over the Surefire switch. The main reason I wanted this was because the laser button (hot) and the light button (mod) are distinctly different. The idea being that this setup will mitigate white light NDs. But in reality, I am just really digging this set up, and if you want dual switches and wanted to save rail space, this might be one of the most compact ways to do it.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I decided to swap out my SR07-D-IT for a Hot Button /Modbutton setup. This saves about 4 rail slots over the Surefire switch. The main reason I wanted this was because the laser button (hot) and the light button (mod) are distinctly different. The idea being that this setup will mitigate white light NDs. But in reality, I am just really digging this set up, and if you want dual switches and wanted to save rail space, this might be one of the most compact ways to do it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49935092681_5aa3d7f323_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49935393452_e29357fd4a_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49935393457_5fc2e23fda_c.jpg
View Quote

Jealous. I need a modbutton. It would clean my setup up SOOO much.

I have an SR07-D-IT now that's basically useless since I switched to the TOR mini, but I can't find a damn Modbutton anywhere.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the concept - very clean. Probably work even better with a DBAL or other laser system that wouldn't require removal to access the battery like that appears to.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Certainly a solid setup, can you do a battery swap on the ATPIAL without having to remove the hot button?
View Quote

this.. but doesn’t look like it
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Certainly a solid setup, can you do a battery swap on the ATPIAL without having to remove the hot button?
View Quote

def a nope.  By the looks of the sr-d-it in the pic he could have stuffed it up a few more slots under the tie down area of peq and it would probably leave the same amount of rail space as if he moved the hot button down to clear peq battery cap lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do have to remove the hot button to change the battery, but I’m cool with that. Only takes a minute.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

def a nope.  By the looks of the sr-d-it in the pic he could have stuffed it up a few more slots under the tie down area of peq and it would probably leave the same amount of rail space as if he moved the hot button down to clear peq battery cap lol.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/283538/SUREFIRE_DUALPAD_CHOPPED_PEQ15_M600U_3-1-1432287.JPG
View Quote

I ran my SF switch the other direction because I liked the white light button in the back. But I really did the HB/MB buttons more for the different button setup than the rail savings. I didn’t need the savings much. I was just mentioning that it is a more compact set up. The HB/MB set up is 7 slots. The SF switch is 10-11 depending on how much you wanna mash those wires. So if you need the rail space, whether right up against the laser or not, this set up will give you 4 more free slots.

lol
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#9]
No one press dual constant on, no care.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, unfortunately that’s not a thing, even with the dual SF. Would be nice though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]
That’s fucking awesome. Just cost me money
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, unfortunately that’s not a thing, even with the dual SF. Would be nice though.
View Quote

TAPS Sync makes it a thing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

TAPS Sync makes it a thing.
View Quote

It does, but I’m diggin’ this button setup over the dual flat buttons.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It does, but I’m diggin’ this button setup over the dual flat buttons.
View Quote

Shit all I need is a damn mod button. Know of anywhere that has it in stock?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#15]
BigTex Outdoors should have em in a few weeks. Other than that, no one’s got em.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Need dual lead hot button soo bad........
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

hotbutton is supposed to be coming out in a constant on dual lead
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'd think the oft repeated desire for this product would drive the manufacturer to actually produce it....but you'd be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Kind of like what I see and may give that a try especially with my PEQ.  I would change the set up a bit seeing Im more of a white light takes priority guy and must have constant ON for my white light.  I know Hot Buttons are made with the SF Light connector but not sure if the Modbutton is available with a Crane or laser connector.  With a Modbutton like that I could double tab the Modbutton I believe and get constant on with the PEQ if desired.

I typically run my white light on my support side and activate it with my thumb allowing me to use my thumb to operate everything when I run a MAWL but I have been struggling with the PEQ.  Just cant get the light close and high enough on the support side to the laser to comfortably run a clicky on it.  Hanging a Lightwing off the Modbutton like I believe you may have done would tuck the white light in on the opposite side.  I would be worried about pushing the PEQ out to far over the flash hider with only 9.5" rail as I would need to be able to have a little more space so I could change the PEQ battery without any tools.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kind of like what I see and may give that a try especially with my PEQ.  I would change the set up a bit seeing Im more of a white light takes priority guy and must have constant ON for my white light.  I know Hot Buttons are made with the SF Light connector but not sure if the Modbutton is available with a Crane or laser connector.  With a Modbutton like that I could double tab the Modbutton I believe and get constant on with the PEQ if desired.

I typically run my white light on my support side and activate it with my thumb allowing me to use my thumb to operate everything when I run a MAWL but I have been struggling with the PEQ.  Just cant get the light close and high enough on the support side to the laser to comfortably run a clicky on it.  Hanging a Lightwing off the Modbutton like I believe you may have done would tuck the white light in on the opposite side.  I would be worried about pushing the PEQ out to far over the flash hider with only 9.5" rail as I would need to be able to have a little more space so I could change the PEQ battery without any tools.
View Quote

Per Modlites site it says the Modbutton is momentary only and I do not see that they have the button for the lasers available as of yet but it was mentioned in more than one vid from Shot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#21]
The mod button looks like it would be perfect behind the MAWL. My handstop already lets me thumb either MAWL button and this would let me ditch the Surefire switch for white light
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dont think he wants WL and IR to come on at the same time...

I moved mine here once I was that the battery cap didnt clear. It would just be a pain if the laser died while out on a hunt. I do plan on getting a Modbutton to run at the 12 oclock behind the PEQ assuming it will clear nicely.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, your original point is getting lost here, but very valid, IMHO.  Having different-shaped buttons to activate different shit, is probably a very good idea.  Now you could argue that taking it a step further, you would put them in different locations as well, but still a good idea.  

For my IR laser/illum, as was brought up, I want a constant on option.  So if your button will do that with your LAM, GTG.  It would also be nice with the WL.  

On batt replacement, good point, but obviously depends on what you're up to.  A LAM with a different batt location is definitely a plus when using this centerline button technique.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Does the laser hot button provide constant on?  Is it “clicky” like a Surefire tailcap or can you at least double tap it for constant on?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does the laser hot button provide constant on?  Is it “clicky” like a Surefire tailcap or can you at least double tap it for constant on?
View Quote

It does not click like surefire but double tap gives me constant on with my peq15.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It does not click like surefire but double tap gives me constant on with my peq15.
View Quote

OK, thank you.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I ran into this vid a some time ago from Green Mountain Rangers  (Airsoft Team) and one part of the set up caught my eye, the custom dual switch to operate the PEQ15. Given the age of vid I am surprised Insight etc never made one to simplify the issues of where to put switches on SBR or a MK18 that will allow someone to use the rifle ambidextrously while keeping a more forward grip.  
Go to the 13:00 mark

Green Mountain Rangers : Airsoft Gun - Primary Weapon - Systema PTW

Looking at the OP's set up I wonder if two mod Buttons with enough space between the two to allow for your thumb to lay between might no be better.
Looking at the Hot button on the top rail I just think it would be an uncomfortable angle for your thumb versus it being on the MLOK on the left side which takes away from it being ambidextrous.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looking at the OP's set up I wonder if two mod Buttons with enough space between the two to allow for your thumb to lay between might no be better.
Looking at the Hot button on the top rail I just think it would be an uncomfortable angle for your thumb versus it being on the MLOK on the left side which takes away from it being ambidextrous.
View Quote

Don’t think if it so much as an “angle for your thumb.” Think of it more as a forward press rather than a downward press. So forward press for laser, downward for light. If that makes sense. I’ll see if I can snap a pic of me using the hotbutton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top