[#1]
No but they put on a heck of a BBQ
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No but they put on a heck of a BBQ
View Quote
Ah yes the old BBQ trick seems to be working.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And isn't there a 20% buyers fee on top of those prices?
View Quote
Think its 23% if paying with a card from what a buddy said. But I think those prices are including the buyers fee.

Not sure what they refer to them as Realized instead of sold. Kinda weird but I am new to the auction game.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
..and are very, very old men with white hair, occasionally able to move without a cane or wheelchair. Occasionally.

Thanks! I needed that. LOL
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#8]
if its like Barrett Jackson, the high rollers get their own sequestered area and the drinks pour freely...
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I posted the same thing in the Vector Thread,

Morphy's prices were low and then 3 weeks later RIA starts setting records.

I do not think old men are buying a $11,000 Mac , but someone is.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Everything I've bidded on at RIA has gone way over the estimate to ridiculous prices. Like a M1917 rifle going for over $1400.

I had better luck with Morphy's and got a double date 1917 Luger for $650...
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#11]
2 lots told me everything I need to know about the bidders at the last auction.......

#767 - a run of the mill West Hurley '28 Thompson.....31,625.00.......for 10-12,000.00 less you could pick up a phone and buy one from numerous sources all day long.....

#771 - A Group Ind. Uzi ........17,250.00........they are sitting unsold for 12-14,000.00........what gives?

The fact that an Erb MP-40 tube gun sold for the same money as a C&R original MP-40 just makes no sense either......

This is why people should never use auction prices to establish market values
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#12]
To me the most egregious over-payment at the last RIA auction was somebody who bought a Thompson 50rd drum, a 20rd stick mag, and a canvas case for over $4K after buyers premium.   I struggle to see much more $1000 worth of stuff here.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Firearms/Fine-Grouping-of-Thompson-Submachine-Gun-Accessories/lotInformation/47218867

Maybe it was the same buyer of the $32K WH Thompson.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Firearms/Auto-Ordnance-Corp-Thompson-1928-SMG/lotInformation/47218139

The pricing on many of these guns is so out of wack you almost wonder if this is some sort of attempt at market manipulation with multiple shill bidder in the mix.  It makes me want to want to go to one of the RIA auctions and see who is actually buying these guns and ask them why in their right mind would  they paid $30K+ for a gun that they could buy direct from Ruben for $20K. (and who is already at premium pricing)
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
To me the most egregious over-payment at the last RIA auction was somebody who bought a Thompson 50rd drum, a 20rd stick mag, and a canvas case for over $4K after buyers premium.   I struggle to see much more $1000 worth of stuff here.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Firearms/Fine-Grouping-of-Thompson-Submachine-Gun-Accessories/lotInformation/47218867

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Firearms/Auto-Ordnance-Corp-Thompson-1928-SMG/lotInformation/47218139

The pricing on many of these guns is so out of wack you almost wonder if this is some sort of attempt at market manipulation with multiple shill bidder in the mix.  It makes me want to want to go to one of the RIA auctions and see who is actually buying these guns and ask them why in their right mind would  they paid $30K+ for a gun that they could buy direct from Ruben for $20K. (and who is already at premium pricing)
View Quote
That is insane. LOL

Wonder if the RIA auctions are videoed or streamed live?
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That is insane. LOL

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is insane. LOL

Demo Ranch had a few videos at the last auction, I'm pretty sure he was sponsored to go to it but it did not look very crowded in the room
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#15]
The next Premier auction is September 5th-8th

But before that there is one regional firearms auction and three online firearms options
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Demo Ranch had a few videos at the last auction, I'm pretty sure he was sponsored to go to it but it did not look very crowded in the room
View Quote
Surprised me that he would do A video like that. Past videos I have seen of his seemed pretty elementary.

Always good to bring new shooters to the historical & collecting side of arms ownership.

Created an account on proxibid today and watched a few items. Wish there layout was more like RIA. But some of these sellers are crazy with there fees.

20% buyers fee
$25 Handling fee
$35 FFL Fee
$35-55 gun case fee
and shipping on to of that.

I know the deals are out there but you better read and re read the fine print and call the seller before bidding. I do like that many of them will ship to a C&R. I have had my C&R lic for about 7-8 months and haven't even used it yet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
.... I have had my C&R lic for about 7-8 months and haven't even used it yet.
View Quote
OT but I believe that there are still a few vendors that give C & R FFL discount pricing on many of their products.  I've had a C & R since 2004 and it's always paid for itself in savings on parts and accessories alone.  I've only used it on less than a dozen total Title 1 and Title 2 gun purchases, but the savings there have been substantial.

Best of luck.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
They are streamed live, at least audio, but don't rely on the audio to date enough to bid through their online tool.  I don't remember if they had video as well.
RIA has their own online bidding so you would pay 15% (+3% for cc) buyer's premium instead of even more through proxibid.
RIA's own bidding tool is web browser based and works ok if your internet connection is solid (probably won't work too well through a phone or jetpack type device).  It looks like a chat window.  You can just login when items you're interested in is coming up (you mark what you want to bid on and you can get texts/emails when it is about to come up).

I watched one of their auctions last year, when they had a sword from Lafayette.  Same thing, Reising for over 10k, M16A1 over 31k.

The only other thing to pay for (if you bid direct with RIA) if you win is shipping & insurance.  They generally use UPS but will use USPS registered as well if you ask them to check.  So you pay auction price + bp + s&i.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top