Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2023 10:46:14 AM EDT
I'm looking at getting a .45 Uzi barrel threaded. The OD is 0.690", which I think might be too small to have a proper shoulder using 5/8-24 threads. Will .578-28 threads leave sufficient barrel wall thickness for a full-auto firing cycle? I'm planning to use a 3-lug muzzle device if that matters.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted: Will .578-28 threads leave sufficient barrel wall thickness
View Quote

.578 is standard threading for 45, even on MG's, no issue
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The Lage .45 uppers that are not threaded for traditional MAC silencers are threaded .578x28. You shouldn’t have a problem.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

.578 is standard threading for 45, even on MG's, no issue
View Quote
That is what I'm running..
But I'm using a Griffin .578 3 lug adapter.
The CMMG RDB .45 barrels also come w/ .578x28.
On my .45 UZI's I use a barrel nut suppressor although I wouldn't hesitate to use a .578x28 on the UZI.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks amphibian.

I reached out to Joe at Curtis Tactical about making a .45 version of the CT9KS, CT9K, or maybe something in between in length. I'm wondering if the KS might be a bit short for the larger .45 bore. Still waiting to hear back from him, but if he ultimately undertakes the project, I'd like to use that suppressor in a 3-lug setup for .45 Uzi and Mac-10 use with some secondary 9mm use as well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know if you have seen this
Suppressed Grease Gun Submachine Gun - Teaser Video

That was based on what I requested him to build for me.... I would presume the MK9K length in .45 would work well with his new design
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I have watched that and compared it pretty closely to your site. The baffle core seems to be pretty much the same thing as a CT9KS (6 baffle stack), but it also has the ported barrel and consequently an absolutely massive expansion chamber. It sounds great from what one can tell from a YouTube video, I just don’t know how much is attributed to the ported/integral design elements. I mentioned that video to Joe in my email and asked what he would recommend if my priority is on at-ear suppression and reduced gas to the face. We’ll see what he recommends. I don’t know if it is possible to split the difference (wanna say KS is 5.75” and K is 7.75”, so maybe go 6.75” if that is an option?).
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I mentioned that video to Joe in my email and asked what he would recommend if my priority is on at-ear suppression and reduced gas to the face. We'll see what he recommends. I don't know if it is possible to split the difference (wanna say KS is 5.75" and K is 7.75", so maybe go 6.75" if that is an option?).
View Quote
I've been very happy with everything I got from him so looking forward to see what he does for you.

He did (2) 45 SMG can re-cores for me.  One was the Gemtech UMP can which has the Uzi barrel nut mount and I have the one pictured below which is larger and quieter than the UMP re-core.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I meant to ask you if there was any reason you chose the Griffin 3-lug .45 pattern over Sico, Rugged, etc. I could be wrong, but my impression is that there is not really a true standard for .45 3-lug sizes, but I don't know if any of the aforementioned ones (or any other ones I didn't name) are any better than the rest. I'm hoping to get him to make me a .45 Bixler and a 9mm Bixler mount.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 7:25:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I meant to ask you if there was any reason you chose the Griffin 3-lug .45 pattern over Sico, Rugged, etc. I could be wrong, but my impression is that there is not really a true standard for .45 3-lug sizes, but I don't know if any of the aforementioned ones (or any other ones I didn't name) are any better than the rest. I'm hoping to get him to make me a .45 Bixler and a 9mm Bixler mount.
View Quote
There was a post by Griffin stating that their .45 3 lug was patterned after an HK MP5/10mm.  I have some friends with that gun so figured I would go that pattern in case we wanted to share / test cans etc...which I have never gotten around to.
Oh and yeah the Bixler mount is great.
BTW, below is a picture of a new Silencerco .45 3 lug that I have that is never used.  As you mentioned it isn't compatible.
If you or anyone else is interested in it let me know.

My .45 Curtis Tactical re-core on my .40SW CMMG RDB.
I really like how the nut is such a small diameter than other 3 lug mounts so it can go in most rails with only a slight amount of the 3 lug protruding.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I’ll admit I don’t fully understand how the Bixler mount works. Don’t you need access to the nut to install it? I’m curious how you can mount it in a semi-tucked configuration like that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard back from Joe. He said that for the uses I described (primary .45 in a Lage Max 10 and Uzi; secondary 9mm use in Lage Max 10/31 and Uzi) he recommended a longer version (7.5") of the KS which would use the same baffles but it would just have more coaxial volume to cut down on blowback. He seemingly agreed the KS length was a little short for the larger .45 bore.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll admit I don't fully understand how the Bixler mount works. Don't you need access to the nut to install it? I'm curious how you can mount it in a semi-tucked configuration like that.
View Quote
You only need access to the rear if it gets stuck.  You loosen the nut, then rotate, then pull forward to where you feel the nut is preventing forward movement then tighten it.  Opposite for removal.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#14]
SICO pattern matches B&T's 3 lug in .45 ACP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top