Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2023 5:57:55 PM EDT
I haven't owned a .22 in years, also haven't been to the Wal mart ammo section since they went woke.

Well, yesterday I was getting a phone case and on the way to the electronics I stopped at the ammo case, saw a copious amount of 500 round bricks for something like $44 a piece.

Now I'm suddenly thinking I need a 10/22.

That's my story
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Tons here. That's we mostly shoot... that and some 22mag.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I haven't owned a .22 in years, also haven't been to the Wal mart ammo section since they went woke.

Well, yesterday I was getting a phone case and on the way to the electronics I stopped at the ammo case, saw a copious amount of 500 round bricks for something like $44 a piece.

Now I'm suddenly thinking I need a 10/22.

That's my story
View Quote

The 10//22 is well worth getting. It's reasonably accurate, definitely reliable, and fun to shoot.
It's the Swiss Army Knife of rifles. I made mine into an AR squirrelgun

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
10/22 is a gateway drug. I try to buy a case of ammo a month. 1k 9, 1k 45, 1k 5.56, or a 10 pack of auto match. I probably have 30-40k rounds of 22 for a reason. It’s the most smiles per gallon in shooting. Suppressed. Loud. Long. Short. Slow and accurate. Pray and spray. I have no shame admitting I love 22
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]
It was never not available in Walmart.  Scarce at times, but available and occasional decent varieties.

Helps that my local place has a gun dude working in sporting goods.

The last .22LR I picked up was from Midway though.  Decent sale on mini mags with free shipping a few months back.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The 10//22 is well worth getting. It's reasonably accurate, definitely reliable, and fun to shoot.

https://i.postimg.cc/2SBbM7BD/IMG-1491.jpg

View Quote

That thing looks like an ARs ugly cousin

A local guy is selling a tacti cool 10/22 with folding stock and red dot. Shot him a message just now.

Everything moving along swimmingly. Might go back to wally world and grab a box tonight. Glad to hear it's readily available again.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
10/22 is a gateway drug. I try to buy a case of ammo a month. 1k 9, 1k 45, 1k 5.56, or a 10 pack of auto match. I probably have 30-40k rounds of 22 for a reason. It’s the most smiles per gallon in shooting. Suppressed. Loud. Long. Short. Slow and accurate. Pray and spray. I have no shame admitting I love 22
View Quote

I may start doing that with .22 . Nice Hayabusa. I need another bike. Maybe a street glide when my money gets fixed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/2SBbM7BD/IMG-1491.jpg

View Quote

My son has the same setup, it's a blast. We shoot for dimes in ten round strings. The buffer tube holds 100rds for woods walking.

Edit: Yes, it's available. Federal Automatch is $22/325, Minimags are $10/100, CCI SV is $4.50/50 at our local WM.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Tons of .22lr in my area including sub-sonics too
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a shit ton of the Federal Automatch but have yet to shoot a round of it, how are folks liking it?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Federal Auto Match in the Steel Challenge group I shoot with has been pretty reliable,,, ... I use CCI 300 round packs of AR15 .22 and Blazer as my MKIV won't cycle reliably on Standard Velocity
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes. Even 5.7 is available.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a shit ton of the Federal Automatch but have yet to shoot a round of it, how are folks liking it?
View Quote

Just shot about 500 rounds of it today, no failures of any kind in a silenced 10/22 and silenced MKIV 22/45 Lite
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shoot it in my Steel Challenge rimfire rifle and pistol and never have had any issues.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes. It's all over.

TSUSA has had bulk pack in stock for months.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That thing looks like an ARs ugly cousin
View Quote

I like the AR design,
and have an:

AR 10/22
AR Pistol
AR Colt Carbine
AR Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
AR Shotgun

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's everywhere around here and has been for quite a while.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

It goes bang in my Glock 44.

I have yet to use it in my rifles.

Actually I have yet to fire either of my .22 rifles.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tons of .22lr in my area including sub-sonics too
View Quote

Same here.
I use lots of CCI Subsonic on the local squirrels when they go after the fruit and nuts on our trees.

I also converted my Glock 19 to 22lr for cheap fun at the range.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Except for high grade match ammo from Europe which is still scarce, 22LR is commonly available. My opinion regarding domestic ammo best to worst:
CCI boxed ammo ( mini mags, standard velocity, etc)
Blazer ( CCI) bulk
Aguila from Mexico
From here a big drop in quality to:
Anything federal
Then a mile long drop to:
Winchester and Remington. ( also cabelas brand herters and browning brand are all made by Winchester) these brands I will literally only shoot if I get for free.
Philippine armscor is also terrible

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes it is regularly available now and you should be methodically stacking it deep in preparation for the next "crisis" that makes it hard to find again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes it is regularly available now and you should be methodically stacking it deep in preparation for the next "crisis" that makes it hard to find again.
View Quote
Damn straight.

I won't be happy until I have 100k in stock.  I am a third of the way there.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Always available at the walmarts here.

Granted, the prices now are ugly.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Amen,  Makes my dog look pretty.  And he is UGLY.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Available but gone up in price thanks to Biden

I try and grab several boxes everytime I'm in wherever
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#26]
What's the go-to for shooting suppressed these days?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

CCI Standard Velocity, Norma Tac, Aguila Standard Velocity, Eley Target, American eagle/ CCI suppressor, or Winchester Super Suppressed.

I have experience with all of those BUT the Winchester offering. All of those options above are readily available currently. You can get the Aguila cheap right now usually. That being said my LGS has Federal Auto Match in stock for $18.90 per 325 rounds which is a great deal. I’ve been stacking that DEEP.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Federal Auto Match in the Steel Challenge group I shoot with has been pretty reliable,,, ... I use CCI 300 round packs of AR15 .22 and Blazer as my MKIV won't cycle reliably on Standard Velocity
View Quote

It's not match ammo by any stretch of the imagination but it works most of the time.  My club has a ton of it.  I prefer other stuff.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

CCI Standard Velocity, Norma Tac, Aguila Standard Velocity, Eley Target, American eagle/ CCI suppressor, or Winchester Super Suppressed.

I have experience with all of those BUT the Winchester offering. All of those options above are readily available currently. You can get the Aguila cheap right now usually. That being said my LGS has Federal Auto Match in stock for $18.90 per 325 rounds which is a great deal. I’ve been stacking that DEEP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very impressed with the new federal AE suppressed
https://www.federalpremium.com/rimfire/american-eagle/american-eagle-rimfire-suppressor/11-AE22SUP1.html
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Around my parts it is plentiful now.
Not every brand or type but lots and lots of it at Academy, Wal-Mart, LGS, etc.
Prices have essentially gone up by 40% since pre-covid.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#32]
.22LR ammo is readily available but still far more expensive than in the not-too-distant past.

Match .22LR is still very expensive but I can find it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#33]
It is plentiful again, if a bit inflated in price...

I love .22's.  .22 suppressor is best suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very much so.  My go-to ammo, CCI SV, is still 5.99/50 around here.  Ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Except for high grade match ammo from Europe which is still scarce, 22LR is commonly available. My opinion regarding domestic ammo best to worst:
CCI boxed ammo ( mini mags, standard velocity, etc)
Blazer ( CCI) bulk
Aguila from Mexico
From here a big drop in quality to:
Anything federal
Then a mile long drop to:
Winchester and Remington. ( also cabelas brand herters and browning brand are all made by Winchester) these brands I will literally only shoot if I get for free.
Philippine armscor is also terrible

View Quote

Agree with this for the most part. Except most European ammo, even the non match grade, is still spotty at best, even scarce at times. Even when you can find it it is still higher in comparison to domestic ammo than in the past. I used to buy some of the lower Eley grades at about the same or even lower prices as CCI SV, SK was just slightly more. Now its still running close to double the CCI. Also I'd put Aguila up with CCI boxed, got more than a couple of rifles that shoot the Aguila better than any CCI.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#37]
$0.05714    per round if you don't figure tax and can pick up local in Ohio....

Coming down....

https://aimsurplus.com/products/remington-high-velocity-22lr-36grn-cphp-rimfire-ammunition-1400rd-bucket
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top