Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 11/20/2020 12:23:19 AM EDT
I have a pretty high magnification scope on my upper but I was hoping to mount a set of irons that I could use for very close range shots (less than 100 yards). Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about using a set of 45 degree AR-15 sights and mounting them on the left side so that I could use them without rotating the rifle counterclockwise to get my face over the stock.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have, but I think that will put the scope very high and I already feel that it is too high as is with my relatively low mount.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Granting that a 50cal may be uncomfortable to hold/fire awkwardly if not simply too heavy, what about a QD scope mount or a piggyback RDS for up close? QD would let you change the role of the rifle in short order and switch back just as quickly if the need arises. Otherwise the piggyback optic has the additional precision-shooting perk of hastening your pointing towards a target in low light and/or while your primary optic is at high magnification. I also regularly use my RDS to help amateurs aim at the correct 50BMG rated target (or at least the berm) without having to boot them off the rifle and get myself settled behind the scope.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Piggyback RDS is what I use. I like it quite well
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
That is an interesting idea. I do have a 30 or 45 degree angled mount already. Do you think a Bushnell TRS-25 would hold up to the recoil okay? I have one that I don't really want to use for anything else anyways. I find the recoil of the SHFT 50 to be quite manageable due to the weight, muzzle break and bipod.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:48:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is an interesting idea. I do have a 30 or 45 degree angled mount already. Do you think a Bushnell TRS-25 would hold up to the recoil okay? I have one that I don't really want to use for anything else anyways. I find the recoil of the SHFT 50 to be quite manageable due to the weight, muzzle break and bipod.
View Quote

I’ve only used a TRS-25 on a cheap AR build, so not sure on durability on a .50, but one way to find out
At least it’s cheap
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

ask bushnell
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I put a 2 to 12 VX6 on mine. It works perfect for up close out to a thousand bustang rocks and what not
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top