Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2021 9:49:35 PM EDT
Looking to purchase one or the other. Anyone have recommendations? Is the Iray worth 2k more?

Thanks for any comments.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Or, third option, Nox 18.  Weapons mountable too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I've never heard of it before.  If someone were to want to get one, what dealer would you recommend?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#3]
@Lowdown

Robert at JRHenterprises

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ouch is the Nox18 4k better than the breach? And I know you get what you pay for, just might be too much for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't necessarily compare any of these options directly against one another (including the NOX). I get the desire to do so certainly, but it's hard to compare a 320 unit at $2500 and 640 unit at $4500. Obviously there are similarities in the application, but maybe the better comparison is the Breach to something like the ML19 just due to price/performance being a little bit closer. The MH25 is going to slay the Breach in most things except having onboard photo/video. But it's also essentially double the price when you take into account the eyepiece upgrade you're most likely going to want to maximize the investment.

As for the NOX I'm not sure that is very comparable either considering it is weapon mountable as well and therefore more of a 'jack of all trades' rather than an application-specific unit. It is inherently not going to be as good as a pure head mountable unit in some ways, but gives the added value of providing a weapons mountable platform (an area where it will also be outperformed by certain dedicated weapon mountable thermals designed solely for that purpose).

If your application is going to be head mountable, I'd let your budget drive the question with the understanding that the FLIR will take you part of the way to the MH25's performance, and the MH25 is the current king. The ML19 might be in between, no experience really with it specifically. If spending even more than the MH25 to get access to a different application set with the NOX is of value to you because you don't have other weapon mounted thermals already, then let that be your answer!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks BladedRonin.  I've bought from them before.  I seemed to have missed that product on their page before(unless it is new, either way I hadn't seen it before).
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks BladedRonin.  I've bought from them before.  I seemed to have missed that product on their page before(unless it is new, either way I hadn't seen it before).
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#8]
MH25 it is!

Many Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#9]
if you can afford the mh25 it is the way to go.  way better than the breach
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top