Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2019 6:13:58 PM EDT
Hi guys, I'm an MG34 owner among other machineguns, but as such I occasionally search ebay for interesting mg34 related accessories and parts, over the years I've gotten some great stuff from all over the world.

to the point:

recently I did a search on ebay for mg34 in all categories and came across someone selling what appears to be a ground dug mostly complete MG34, with an uncut receiver... Now I've seen some pretty rusted/pitted transferable MGs but this one is NOT a transferable, I was curious so I asked the seller how it was deactivated and he replied that basically it wasn't....

I guess I'm just looking for your opinion as this looks like a ticket to jail to me...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/mg34-mg-34/333221924667?hash=item4d95930f3b:g:vQAAAOSwKbdc0X9H
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]
What country is it in? People all over Europe like to go metal detecting in battlefields, and that's pretty typical of what they dig up. I don't know if it's specifically illegal to keep them or not, but I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble over it. Here in the US, I have no idea. I think it would hinge on whether it were functional or could be made functional. Even if it fired two rounds and then blew up, it would still meet the legal definition of a machinegun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
the location on the ebay listing is New York
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
settle your scrotum, skippy

Fully deact non functional mg34 mg-34 dissembled strong metal has lots of pitting please grow photos Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
he can write whatever he wants there chief  
but if you bothered to read my post I talked to him, there was no deactivation performed he thinks it being rusted is a proper deact is what it seemed like to me. regardless of what you read a receiver has to be deactivated according to the law, which means cut into three pieces with a torch or if older even a saw, but three pieces unless I misunderstand the law.

Am I wrong on this?
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The ground wants it back.  I wouldn't risk it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
settle your scrotum, skippy

Fully deact non functional mg34 mg-34 dissembled strong metal has lots of pitting please grow photos Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.
View Quote
"please grow photos"

Yea, I'm sure his location is really New York.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"please grow photos"

Yea, I'm sure his location is really New York.
View Quote
The US Customs declaration is still attached to the box full of relic MG-34 parts next to the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Its NY has to be OK
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you ask him what, "Please grow photos" meant?
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah it could be considered a contraband MG receiver.

A government museum could receive it.
I'd buy it for $50 if I was the curator.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
yea I thought his choice of words was odd as well, I emailed him I told him I'd be interested for $50 if it was properly demilled and he said he could weld the bolt in place if I wanted and won't accept $50 ... so hes clueless as to what demilling is and hilariously I also asked him what he was looking to get for it and he said he wouldn't accept anything less than 1200. Hell I've bought whole parts kits in great shape for less than what he wants and none of that was in questionable legal status.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]
MG34 Thread

The day I brought it home and got rid of the farby along. Unfortunately it's semi only but a nice early BNZ41 shroud with several matching parts.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#13]
beautiful!
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The ground wants it back.  I wouldn't risk it.
View Quote
^^^Well said!^^^
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool piece of history.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top