Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/23/2021 12:26:24 AM EDT
https://milsysgroup.com/product/msg-barrett-shooters-rest/

Been looking at a way to mount my M82A1 on my side by side ATV. Was going to mount my M2HB on the top of the roll bar and stand in the bed to shoot it, but if you've ever ridden in one it gets hot quick out in the sun so that idea went out the door and a roof was put on.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Am I missing the price?
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It appears us simple folk can't buy it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:13:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 3:30:50 AM EDT
[#4]
This...
http://www.cranetechnologiesinc.com/MK82BVehicularBarrettMount.html

is half the price of this...
https://store.barrett.net/p-1734-soft-mount-for-model-82a1-m107a1.aspx

You'll still need a small pintle mount. Check the sidebar...
http://www.cranetechnologiesinc.com
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I put this mount together for the back of my Polaris Sportsman 500 2X.  

It is an 11" pedestal with a small socket on top.  The base plate is 3/8" steel.  I was told the Barrett soft mount is a military contract over run.  It is extremely rugged and of a very high quality.  I got all of the parts to assemble this (except the base plate) from BMG Parts in Nevada who were very helpful and worked with me throughout the process.

It fits in the dump bed of the 2X and, once I get the base plate drilled, will bolt to the frame underneath dump bed.  When in the bed it's a little too tall for me to shoot from the ground (I'm 5'-7" tall) but sitting on the quad backwards I can easily shoulder it with a good range of motion.

It is also a very good height to shoot seated from the ground or, when set on a table or bench, to stand behind.

YMMV
TheMULE
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
So I bought the soft mount as pictured above by Govt_mule. It's made by Ordnance Research and used to be on their website for $825.00 but no longer is and you have to buy it from BMG parts for $300.00 more. BMG was a joke. Getting Rick to put what you bought in a box and send it to you is a lesson in futility. He'll say he going to send it but doesn't-finally the 3rd time he said he was sending it  he did but it came direct from Ordnance Research.
Back to the soft mount, it's well made , weights 14 pounds which has to be twice what the Barrett soft mount weights but comes with the added feature of being able to lock the gun in the horizonal position. I can see with little effort I can mount a armored shield to it if I want.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I bought the soft mount as pictured above by Govt_mule. It's made by Ordnance Research and used to be on their website for $825.00 but no longer is and you have to buy it from BMG parts for $300.00 more. BMG was a joke. Getting Rick to put what you bought in a box and send it to you is a lesson in futility. He'll say he going to send it but doesn't-finally the 3rd time he said he was sending it  he did but it came direct from Ordnance Research.
Back to the soft mount, it's well made , weights 14 pounds which has to be twice what the Barrett soft mount weights but comes with the added feature of being able to lock the gun in the horizonal position. I can see with little effort I can mount a armored shield to it if I want.
View Quote

----------------------------------------------------------------

tnw50cal -
Have you fabbed-up that armored shield yet?  I'd like to see that if/when you did/do...
Thanks!
TheMULE
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:53:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

----------------------------------------------------------------

tnw50cal -
Have you fabbed-up that armored shield yet?  I'd like to see that if/when you did/do...
Thanks!
TheMULE
View Quote

Nope, been busy getting stuff together to make a mount to put my Robinson M96 top feed on a M2 tripod (pretty much the same as the Stoner 63 on a M2 tripod).
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope, been busy getting stuff together to make a mount to put my Robinson M96 top feed on a M2 tripod (pretty much the same as the Stoner 63 on a M2 tripod).
View Quote

Neat gun

https://robinsonarmament.com/m96/
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

---------------------------------------

Cool setup... post pix when you do!
TheMULE
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Going to be a little while. Had to special order a piece of 2.5(with 1.5 sides) aluminum channel that is .25 inch thick.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:03:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

And now the mount is back in stock at Ordnance research for $899.00
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And now the mount is back in stock at Ordnance research for $899.00
View Quote

---------------------------------------------

tnw50cal -
I saw Kurt from Ordnance Research last week and he confirmed that they do make the mount in-house.  Glad that they have them back up on their site but sorry that I didn't know sooner, I would have liked the discount!
TheMULE
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Going to be a little while. Had to special order a piece of 2.5(with 1.5 sides) aluminum channel that is .25 inch thick.
View Quote

--------------------------------------------

tnw50cal -
I don't understand the specs on the .25" AL above but am glad that you have at least ordered the material to start the project!
TheMULE
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top