Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2021 9:17:06 AM EDT
Thoughts on these.
Specifically for a dedicated .22 AR or 10/22.
.22 pistols?
Bang for the buck?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I am more impressed with the Ruger Integral suppressed Mark III (TacSol PAC-LITE TSS Integrally Suppressed Barrel Upgrade) than the Integral barrel for the 10/22, but an integral suppressed 10/22 is easy to carry and maneuver without the extra weight/length.

For the price of 1 Integral suppressor you could get 2 cans to allow swapping on multiple items.

Figure out you needs first and purchase accordingly.
Odds are you will eventually end up with both.

ETA
Here is one on sale for a decent price.

Geesh, now you have me researching for another integrally suppressed 10/22 barrel.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
For a semi, just get a great muzzle mounted silencer and spend the savings on an SBR tax stamp. You'll have a quiet rifle AND a(nother) silencer to swap hosts.

If you're talking bolt action, integral ALL DAY!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got a Gemtech Mist on a 10/22.   It’s lightweight and fun, but the main problem is that most standard velocity bullets go super and crack.  The 8” barrel allows enough speed to build up.  I understand that there are some 16” integrally suppressed barrels with shorter rifling portions to keep bulk packs subsonic, but when I looked into the, their accuracy was less than stellar.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a MKIV addict. I got a Paclite TSS upper and must say I'm a little disappointed in performance. Despite being a K baffle first round pop is worse than a traditional rimfire can. It settles down after that but FRP is a big deal to me on a rimfire pistol. Otherwise it's incredibly well made and lightweight, just wish it sounded as good as the leading muzzle mounted rimfire cans today. I'd say stick with a traditional muzzle mounted can unless you want to round out a collection or like the discreet look of an integral.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Paclite TSS upper ...first round pop is worse than a traditional rimfire can...
View Quote

@Outrider
What's your blast baffle look like (not condition, but design) and how far from the crown is it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Rimfire integrals are usually more trouble to clean and maintain, and if you get slack with that you will appreciate wrench flats, Vox blocks, etc,
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For a semi, just get a great muzzle mounted silencer and spend the savings on an SBR tax stamp. You'll have a quiet rifle AND a(nother) silencer to swap hosts.

If you're talking bolt action, integral ALL DAY!
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I built my own M&P15-22 integral loosely based on my TBA suppressors Mk IV and it’s easily my favorite range gun. No FRP that I’ve noticed and it’s just as accurate as it was originally. If you’re looking to buy, I’d say get with TBA suppressors (Todd is a good dude) and see what he can do for you on a new M&P15-22 pistol. You get the intergral can, short OAL, and a great performing combo in one stamp.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't recommend one as your first or only 22 suppressor but if you already have other screw on 22 suppressors, then sure its a fun option.

I have a Gemtech Mist. Always wanted an integrally suppressed 10/22 just cause I think they are cool so I jumped on the Mist when I found one for ~$300.

I haven't gotten to shoot mine much but initial testing showed it to be very quiet (stayed subsonic) and accurate with CCI SV so I'm very happy with it. Just wish I had more time to shoot it.

A integrally suppressed bolt action like a CZ 455/457 or Ruger 77/22 would be the ultimate woods/squirrel gun IMO
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#10]
A suppressed barrel that looks like an unsuppressed heavy barrel is desirable to me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]
What integrally suppressed barrel would you all recommend for a Ruger American bolt action?  Considering adding a new RF can and already have a couple of screw on’s and am thinking of going integral.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What integrally suppressed barrel would you all recommend for a Ruger American bolt action?  
View Quote

The RAR has a screw in barrel so your not going to find an off the shelf option that you can install yourself. You would have to send your gun to a company to convert it or buy a RAR that has already been converted. Apparently Southeast Arms has done one. Personally, I would pick a more suitable host.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I have several.  All the 22’s are a hoot.  Very quite, handy, and clean lookin.  10/22 are a great start and easily get more rounds than all my other guns.  Ive also got 9mm and 44....not so much for sound, but for clean non sbr rigs.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm a MKIV addict. I got a Paclite TSS upper and must say I'm a little disappointed in performance. Despite being a K baffle first round pop is worse than a traditional rimfire can. It settles down after that but FRP is a big deal to me on a rimfire pistol. Otherwise it's incredibly well made and lightweight, just wish it sounded as good as the leading muzzle mounted rimfire cans today. I'd say stick with a traditional muzzle mounted can unless you want to round out a collection or like the discreet look of an integral.

https://i.imgur.com/6rgflZs.jpg
View Quote

@Outrider

Are those Mark IV 22/45 Lites? Where did you get that RMR mount? I like that, it's clean. I have a Venom on mine I'd like to remove the sights and the rail on the top and set it up like your bottom 2
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@Outrider

Are those Mark IV 22/45 Lites? Where did you get that RMR mount? I like that, it's clean. I have a Venom on mine I'd like to remove the sights and the rail on the top and set it up like your bottom 2
View Quote

They are regular 22/45s. Mount is from Mad Macs Precision. It's a clean low profile mount that works very well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thoughts on these.
Specifically for a dedicated .22 AR or 10/22.
.22 pistols?
Bang for the buck?
Thanks.
View Quote

I put a Beyers 16” ultra light barrel on one of my 10/22s... run with an Obsidian9 in short configuration. Balances nicely with just enough hang.  With CCI standard, most of the noise is the bolt clacking.

ETA: standalone suppressor is where it’s at; any you don’t need a Rimfire can.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the integral suppressor on a bolt gun. I have an old John's Guns 77/22 it is truly Hollywood Quiet. Shooting subsonics is only a little louder than dry firing. I shoot it almost daily and it puts a smile on my face. Now a 10/22 is different you will get some bolt and port noise. The action is louder than a bolt gun's striker. My suggestion is to get a good muzzle can. they have a lot of versatility. If you get a Ruger Mk-IV with a 4" bbl most bulk pack will be subsonic. I have a number integrals and love them but for a first .22 suppressor go with the screw-on. Most good quality silencers are in the range of a pellet gun if not quieter.

A tip I do is to spray a little Break Free CLP before I shoot it really quietens down the suppressor but the main thing is it makes it easy to clean. The gunk remains soft and makes it easy to disassemble and the baffles can be wiped off. No scraping.

Later on get a couple integral suppressors to add to your collection. You know you will.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#18]
How about some pics.  These are my integrals by TBA.  A 77/22 and a 10/22.  And then a AR integral i had innovative arms build on a CMMG rifle.  I have another 77/22 with a muzzle can, and while its indeed quite....the win goes to the integral.  Its simply quieter....like hammer dropping only and then bullet impact.  The 10/22 is also silly quiet and gets more rounds through it than anything else i have.  I got my kids a thompson machine integral 10/22, and its a nice gun too......but the TBA's with k baffles are scary quiet.    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top