Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2022 8:54:05 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Would like to get an integral suppressed barrel for my CZ 457. First of, please don't tell me I should get a screw on can. I already have both screw on and integral suppressed 22's and I know want this one to be integral.

Here's what I've found so far...

CZ-USA Integral

SWS MISB CZ457

Thompson Machine Operative B CZ

I'm not really digging the CZ offering but I don't know much about the other 2 or what other options are out there? I know I want something from a company with a good rep and who makes this as a standard catalog option and can offer some kind of accuracy guarantee and long term support.

So what can you guys tell me about SWS or Thompson Machine? Are there other options worth considering?

Here's a video of the TM version...
THOMPSON MACHINE OPERATIVE B CZ
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking at the factory CZ that's a big no.  The SWS doesn't look bad but who knows without handling one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always wanted an integral 22 rifle, either bolt or semi. I can't imagine how nice it would be strolling the woods or plinking on the farm in damn near silence.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking at the factory CZ that's a big no.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Looking at the factory CZ that's a big no.  

Agreed

Quoted:
The SWS doesn't look bad but who knows without handling one.

Yup, that's exactly why I'm looking for feedback! lol Hoping someone here might have one or at least experience with SWS in general?

The TM looks good and from what I know, they have a pretty decent rep?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've always wanted an integral 22 rifle, either bolt or semi. I can't imagine how nice it would be strolling the woods or plinking on the farm in damn near silence.
View Quote
I already have a 10/22 with a Gemtech Mist that I love...

It is very light and handy even with the relatively heavy scope I have on it (5lbs, 13oz as it sits without bipod). I'm probably going to swap that scope for a Leupold EFR I have that will drop weight down to right around 5 1/2lbs. It is really quiet but being a semi, there is still some action noise. I could get a Summit action for it (and maybe someday will?) but I really want a bolt action for the ability to run ammo like 22 shorts for the ultimate quiet!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Nobody here has any 1st hand experience with SWS or TM?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Put it in the title, maybe someone has one of their other integrals and isn't clicking.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Put it in the title, maybe someone has one of their other integrals and isn't clicking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done!
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have either of those but I do run a KGMade Ticho that integrally suppressed but it should be the same.

Really really nutty quiet with CCI quiet and subs!
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't have either of those but I do run a KGMade Ticho that integrally suppressed but it should be the same.

Really really nutty quiet with CCI quiet and subs!
View Quote

They don't list the Ticho or any other integral on their site any longer so I'd have to check with them to see if its still available but thanks for the heads up on another potential option
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve got an integrally suppressed 10/22 SBR by Thompson Machine. It’s quiet. Couldn’t provide you with any exact decibel readings, but it’s quiet at my ears. Fit, finish and quality are top notch. Brooks is also a great guy to deal with. I’ve probably got no more than 300 rounds through it - and quite honestly - shooting it never really excited me. The rifle currently lives in the back of my safe and hasn’t been handled in a few years.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’ve got an integrally suppressed 10/22 SBR by Thompson Machine. It’s quiet. Couldn’t provide you with any exact decibel readings, but it’s quiet at my ears. Fit, finish and quality are top notch. Brooks is also a great guy to deal with. I’ve probably got no more than 300 rounds through it - and quite honestly - shooting it never really excited me. The rifle currently lives in the back of my safe and hasn’t been handled in a few years.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback. Assuming it sounds as good as my 10/22/Mist build, I'm sure it will be shot often but I wonder how often I will shoot the 10/22 after getting this one setup? First world problems and all that lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got an integral CZ455 Thompson Machine.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good to know but that doesn't really sound like a recommendation either?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if I had to do it over again I would have gotten another muzzle can instead of an integral, but you said you didn't want replies saying "don't get an integral."

So specifically, no complaints about the performance of the integral, but I still think I'd prefer the flexibility of a muzzle can.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well if I had to do it over again I would have gotten another muzzle can instead of an integral, but you said you didn't want replies saying "don't get an integral."

So specifically, no complaints about the performance of the integral, but I still think I'd prefer the flexibility of a muzzle can.
View Quote

That's cool. To each their own. Good to hear the TM doesn't disappoint. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I DIY'd one for my 455.  Back bored a varmint barrel and stuffed it with some flashlight reflectors that I modded.   Sounds great.  Quieter than my MIST or my son's 455 with an Outback II.  I think any integral from a real shop will be fine.  

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sounds great.  Quieter than my MIST or my son's 455 with an Outback II.  I think any integral from a real shop will be fine.  
View Quote

Yeah, I'm not worried about it being quiet. That's kind of a given. What I am concerned about is accuracy and after sales support if needed?

Also have to decide between 20.5? overall barrel length w/ 14.5? rifling OR 16? overall barrel length w/ 10? rifling? Part of me is leaning towards the 16" as that will be a nice short and light package but that's more or less what my Mist is (9" barrel w/7" of baffles) so I'm thinking of maybe going with the 20" for something different? I dont shoot anything faster than SV ammo so keeping them subsonic shouldn't be a concern?

And this is nit picky but I'd like the outer sleeve black nitrided to match the rest of the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Go 16” OAL

Short and handy
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a Thompson Machine Operative integral barrel from the very first batch, back in 09 I believe.  It's probably my most used can with 1000s of rounds through it.  Very accurate, has taken a lot of small game, and 0 issues.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like the CZ integral cans are being discontinued. If you can find one, I’m sure it’ll be cheap, possibly less than the stamp for the 457.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top