Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2018 10:18:58 PM EDT
I really hope it's ok to ask this, I looked to see if there is a rule but no luck.
I need liability insurance for my FFL/business.
I lease a space and do not own.
I have got one quote so far which I think is pretty high($1,800/year).
I am somewhat new yet and my business is not my full time job. I have a full time job and run my business outside of work.
I don't have a lot of inventory yet but I do have about $5,000 in inventory from a certain knife maker that I'm a dealer for and a few thousand $$ in firearms. Basically selling to customers that I can order something for besides what I have in stock of course.
I'm not looking for personal info here, just advice on a company or anything really.
I figured there has to be a few people out there that are or have been in my shoes. I'm definitely not against being insured and if I don't, I believe I'll lose my current location to conduct business. I can't run it out of my home because my wife is very anti on that idea for reasons I certainly understand.
Thank you for reading this and your time!
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Eject would be the best advice I can give you, that should solve all your other problems.

As for the insurance, are you looking at insurance as a business or insurance as a renter, or insurance for the guns/hardware?   Few k in guns that sounds rather high if that is all you are insuring.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eject would be the best advice I can give you, that should solve all your other problems.

As for the insurance, are you looking at insurance as a business or insurance as a renter, or insurance for the guns/hardware?   Few k in guns that sounds rather high if that is all you are insuring.
View Quote
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "Eject". Can you explain please?
For insurance, I need insurance for my business.  I'm looking for liability and $8,000-$10,000 for inventory. That's it. The building owner is insured for the building and his business + inventory.
All i need is liability and maybe $10,000 for my inventory i have on hand like I said.
Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NRA Endorsed
View Quote
Thank you!
I am starting to get a little more confused though......
The one place I already submitted an application to says,  "NRA Business Alliance  Endorsed Insurance Program" on the header of the application. It does not say Lockton Affinity.
I call the one you have here and see if there is a difference.
Thanks again, I greatly appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top