Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2018 7:05:19 PM EDT
I’ve been eyeing a deal on an Amsec BF7240 that I am thinking of pulling the trigger on. Seems to be a well reguarded safe and has the features I’m looking for.

I wish the walls were closer to the BFII walls but I can’t swing that right now.

The price is $3600 shipped to the curb and it seems that is a screaming deal. Is there anything else out there at that price point I may be missing? Or is a better deal?

Looking for some reassurance before I commit. It’s a big purchase for me!
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are you find it for that price?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:15:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I’ve been eyeing a deal on an Amsec BF7240 that I am thinking of pulling the trigger on. Seems to be a well reguarded safe and has the features I’m looking for.

I wish the walls were closer to the BFII walls but I can’t swing that right now.

The price is $3600 shipped to the curb and it seems that is a screaming deal. Is there anything else out there at that price point I may be missing? Or is a better deal?

Looking for some reassurance before I commit. It’s a big purchase for me!
View Quote
The BF series are very nice. I picked up a BF7250 off of Amazon of all places for a crazy good price a couple of years ago and I find it a better design and quality than the safes I've seen at the big box stores like Cabelas and Gander.  I think for the price you listed here it's a heck of a deal. They are big heavy suckers though so take the moving of it into account. If the delivery is only to the curb you will want a plan in place to get it moved. If you are planning on it going anywhere difficult start talking to a real safe moving company.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I comitted and purchased the BF7240 for $3468 shipped. It was offered on Amazon so I’m a little leery, but optimistic about the price.

Looks like the price on the remaining 7240 jumped up to $4413 but I imagine after a couple days will drop again.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like a good deal.

Please update on how delivery goes - with pictures if you can.  I am interested to know how buying a safe off of Amazon turns out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]
 I am interested to know how buying a safe off of Amazon turns out.  
View Quote
Me too.  Because once I see product on sites like this it becomes more obvious that the manufacturers no longer care about the professionals that built their business.   It's always helpful to know this when deciding who's products to represent.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Me too.  Because once I see product on sites like this it becomes more obvious that the manufacturers no longer care about the professionals that built their business.   It's always helpful to know this when deciding who's products to represent.
View Quote
Not sure I follow that logic. I certainly wanted to support someone local. There wasn’t a local Amsec dealer that would handle install or even delivery for that matter.

So that led me look for online dealers who ship and at that point I have no allegence to a so called professional. Really just went for the best price and no one else was even close. Like $2000 difference..
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
 Really just went for the best price and no one else was even close. Like $2000 difference..  
View Quote
There's the logic.

If AMSEC can sell them to Amazon so that they can sell them at retail for less than my cost, then they don't need guys like me.  Amazon can handle it from here.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There's the logic.

If AMSEC can sell them to Amazon so that they can sell them at retail for less than my cost, then they don't need guys like me.  Amazon can handle it from here.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
 Really just went for the best price and no one else was even close. Like $2000 difference..  
There's the logic.

I'm pretty sure Amazon ended up losing money over what their pricing algorithm does to move old stock. Normal price is around what other shops sell them for. When inventory goes stale the price falls and when it sees stock move the price readjusts. That's how I got my 7250 for a screaming price a couple of years ago. As soon as I ordered it the price went back to the average listed price.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
 I'm pretty sure Amazon ended up losing money over what their pricing algorithm does to move old stock. Normal price is around what other shops sell them for. When inventory goes stale the price falls and when it sees stock move the price readjusts. That's how I got my 7250 for a screaming price a couple of years ago. As soon as I ordered it the price went back to the average listed price.  
View Quote
Likely true.  Also a violation of pricing policy which should exclude them (or whomever else it is) from dealer status.  I've gone round and round and round with various manufacturers throughout the years on this issue.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you have a link to the listing page on amazon?  The camelcamelcamel price tracking site doesnt have it ever listed at that price recently.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Likely true.  Also a violation of pricing policy which should exclude them (or whomever else it is) from dealer status.  I've gone round and round and round with various manufacturers throughout the years on this issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I was guessing it was being sold as a loss to move the product. I am not really sure how this impacts dealer status though, or even how they came to have the inventory..
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do you have a link to the listing page on amazon?  The camelcamelcamel price tracking site doesnt have it ever listed at that price recently.
View Quote
It will keep going lower if someone doesn't buy it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ZBPSNM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It will keep going lower if someone doesn't buy it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ZBPSNM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View Quote
Wow can't believe that shipping direct from Amazon with prime shipping. Good deal.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wow can't believe that shipping direct from Amazon with prime shipping. Good deal.
View Quote
Hopefully he has better luck than I did and the first one is delivered damage free. I will say Amazon was good to work with on getting the replacements shipped after refusing delivery.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Did they deliver it yet?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Did they deliver it yet?
View Quote
@telc Delivery is tomorrow. I’ll make sure to take some pictures detailing the delivery.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#18]
It's here!

Delivery went well, about what I was expecting talking to the delivery service on the phone. They called on Monday to coordinate the timing, which was slightly outside of the time window you choose on Amazon. Day of the driver called 30 minutes ahead to make sure I was around.

Two nice gentlemen showed up in the truck with a beefy drop gate. I climbed up in the truck and inspected the safe prior to them getting it off the truck. Everything looked okay no visible damage, none of the sides were caved in from a fork truck. I gave them the thumbs up. They put the safe on a pallet jack, dropped it to the ground on the gate and the three of us pushed it into the garage where I wanted it. Signed the paperwork and they were off.

Pulled off the remaining packaging to look it over a little closer. Found a couple scuffs on the sides where the paint was removed but no noticeable dents or any damage I was worried about. The touchup paint that came with the safe should cover it just fine.

The highlights for me that were unknowns.

2018 Manufacturing date
ESL10XL lock
Has motion activated lights
Interior looks great!

I'm happy.

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice glad it had those extra upgrades. I wouldn't worry about the blemish that with touch up easy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 2:27:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Glad to see the delivery went well. Congrats on your new safe.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice, good size too.

Probably already full
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice.  Thanks for the update and the pictures.  I have looked at these things on Amazon many times and just figured there was no way buying one would go that smoothly.  Was getting it to your garage part of the deal or did the delivery guys go extra for that?
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nice.  Thanks for the update and the pictures.  I have looked at these things on Amazon many times and just figured there was no way buying one would go that smoothly.  Was getting it to your garage part of the deal or did the delivery guys go extra for that?
View Quote
It was included in the normal delivery, they didn't even hesitate when I asked if that was okay. That said my driveway isn't steep as all so that may complicate things if that is the case with yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top