Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2019 8:13:48 AM EDT
Hey guys ! Is there any way to buy an infinity focus ring outside the US ? I see that the ITAR is blocking any kind of export.
Is there nobody else producing these metal rings ?

Thx either way !
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys ! Is there any way to buy an infinity focus ring outside the US ? I see that the ITAR is blocking any kind of export.
Is there nobody else producing these metal rings ?

Thx either way !
View Quote
These are one item that is very easily 3D printed. Files can't be exchanged, but honestly anyone with a 3D printer and CAD software should be able to knock one of these up in a couple of minutes. They are about 32 tpi from memory, so will print acceptably even on 200 micron process, but 100 microns is ideal.

I can supply within Australia... But not outside.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I think maybe a camera supply store or maybe even plumbing or hardware store might have a 32tpi ring that will work. If they were mine and I was in your situation, I would make the rounds with those places. I know a small hose clamp might not look great but would work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top