Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2018 9:38:59 PM EDT
So, I need to outfit a minimum of 4 rifles over the next few months with the appropriate comps/flash hiders for a QD Form 1 30 cal. can. I would rather not spend $400-$500 on mounts alone, knowwutimsayn?

Are there any mounts around $50 or so that are good quality?

I like the Griffin and Q mounts, but would rather put that money toward the stamp/build.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
From my earlier thread:

Quoted:
I just bought one of these for a 308 16" Barrel. The price is right. I have yet to try it though.
http://www.kineti-tech.com/kineti-tech-zero-recoil-muzzle-brake-with-13-16-x-16-threaded-sleeve/
The build quality is quite nice. You can also choose different components to build your own. http://www.kineti-tech.com/create-a-2-piece-muzzle-brake-with-cucussion-redirector-sleeve/
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it is SPC that makes the 1in otb Griffen style taper mounts. They thread on to the barrel, then you thread what ever muzzle device you want. You could probably size your blast chamber to work with griffin factory taper mounts.

Or you can use it the Yankee Hill mounts, you can find them on sale in the $50.00 range.

James
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it is SPC that makes the 1in otb Griffen style taper mounts. They thread on to the barrel, then you thread what ever muzzle device you want. You could probably size your blast chamber to work with griffin factory taper mounts.

Or you can use it the Yankee Hill mounts, you can find them on sale in the $50.00 range.

James
View Quote
@Iwantfullauto

Can you explain these a little more. Sounds interesting but I'm not sure exactly what these mounts do
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
So griffin makes their mounts with threads and a taper. A few companies have made mount that use the same threads and taper. Diversified machine makes an over the barrel reflex mount that screw on to your threaded muzzle and back up over the barrel where the griffin pattern thread and taper is located. This let's the can sit back over the barrel. Some of these had breaks or flash hiders build in and and some didn't have anything on the end.

I believe it was super precision concepts that made some that only went over the barrel an inch, and also let some of the barrel thread protrude. This allowed you to have the griffin thread and taper and also have enough threads to put what ever muzzle device you want on the end.

Depending on how long a device you pick is it may or may not be similar size to an normal griffin flash comp or what ever. If you sized your blast chamber correctly you could use your can with that mount and hider or break of your choice and possibly other griffin mounts.

You can email me and I can snap a few pics of a couple I have. You can also contact Rusty here or on the form one board, he is who I bought some of mine from as I don't think spc makes them anymore. You can also try dm.

James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top