Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2018 3:32:20 PM EDT
Gents,

Any leads on where to find a factory 10.5" barrel? My google-fu may be off but everything I find is out of stock

If the factory 10.5's are long gone, are there any cons to cutting the factory 16" down and re-threading 1/2x28 for suppressor use?

Thanks

Z
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean by "Factory"?  There are only a few true barrel manufacturers, everyone else just puts their brand name on them.

Palmetto State Armory has some 10.5" in stock that comes with a free Vortex Sparc, and there are several different types available at Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
PM bigdog200399

He owns Templar Precision and is a BM dealer. He's where I got my 10.5" barrel.

The factory 16" barrel uses the midlength gas system, while the 10.5" barrel uses a shorter carbine gas system. It would be easier to get a custom ACR barrel made from an AR barrel then try to reposition the gas block on the 16" barrel. You can cut it down to around 12" though if you open up the gas port.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you mean by "Factory"?  There are only a few true barrel manufacturers, everyone else just puts their brand name on them.

Palmetto State Armory has some 10.5" in stock that comes with a free Vortex Sparc, and there are several different types available at Primary Arms.
View Quote
I don't think PSA makes ACR barrels.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]
He clicked in from active or newest topics and didn't bother to read which forum he was in...

They're backorderable from Brownell's with a $40 coupon code right now and/or Midway seems to think they'll have some in 6 days.

I had Nefarious arms do my 14.5" but it wasn't any cheaper than a new factory one and the wait was a lot longer than you'd likely have from Brownell's.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:PM bigdog200399

The factory 16" barrel uses the midlength gas system, while the 10.5" barrel uses a shorter carbine gas system. It would be easier to get a custom ACR barrel made from an AR barrel then try to reposition the gas block on the 16" barrel. You can cut it down to around 12" though if you open up the gas port.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:PM bigdog200399

Good info and thanks for the referral

Quoted:
He clicked in from active or newest topics and didn't bother to read which forum he was in...

They're backorderable from Brownell's with a $40 coupon code right now and/or Midway seems to think they'll have some in 6 days.

I had Nefarious arms do my 14.5" but it wasn't any cheaper than a new factory one and the wait was a lot longer than you'd likely have from Brownell's.
Thanks also. Midway's site says they are not back orderable, did you call or chat to find out the 6 days?
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If you select the 10.5" it says expected in stock 7/26, but that's a crapshoot. It's also much more expensive than the Brownell's option FWIW.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you select the 10.5" it says expected in stock 7/26, but that's a crapshoot. It's also much more expensive than the Brownell's option FWIW.
View Quote
For me it keeps saying backorder unavailable and it can't be added to the cart, but thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't had alot of time for the forums lately.  I'm playing catch up with some 300blk conversions now.   The word I got from Remington last week is they don't expect to have any until October.  I did get some about a week ago but it was only 2 that were sold already.  I'm going to be making my own 10.5" barrels later this month to help with the demand.  I'll be using Ballistic Advantage barrels so they should be pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The word I got from Remington last week is they don't expect to have any until October.
View Quote
Did they mention what the holdup was? Seems there was a flood of barrels last year. Is demand that high, or did they just cut production?
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have my assumptions but the optimistic one is the caliber conversions might be holding them barrels up.  Lots of the conversions were carbine length.  I'm going to see if I can get any of the small parts tomorrow for some conversions.  I'll see if anything has changed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I haven't had alot of time for the forums lately.  I'm playing catch up with some 300blk conversions now.   The word I got from Remington last week is they don't expect to have any until October.  I did get some about a week ago but it was only 2 that were sold already.  I'm going to be making my own 10.5" barrels later this month to help with the demand.  I'll be using Ballistic Advantage barrels so they should be pretty awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks for putting me on the list for the .223 10.5", and as I mentioned I'm really interested in the 6.5 Grendel 10.5" as well

Quoted:
PM bigdog200399
Thanks for the referral Top!
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I will have to check I had a couple sources months ago. I'm a dealer and I have a account at a place that did have them and I will check and see if they do. If so you will have to go through me to get it. I wanted one but put it on back burner lol. I guess I should bought one back in June.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Brownells is listing the 10.5 ACR barrel as in stock on their website.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Brownells is listing the 10.5 ACR barrel as in stock on their website.
View Quote
Now here's to hoping for some other 10.5" barrels in the future! I'd even hop on the .450BM train if I could get an SBR length though 300BLK would be ideal. The ACR is still an untapped platform... I'd love to see support and interest boom even if it's a decade late! I suspect the pistol model will help as will some factory Bushmaster parts. Just need enough of them moving to get the aftermarket fire roaring a bit!

Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#15]
There has been a bunch of aftermarket for it.  Most people just don’t know where to look.  It’s picked up more lately too.  As far as short barrels, I’ve built all of the main calibers.

I do want a 450 Sbr though. I imagine I will put it on my works post sample and see how much it will hurt.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Forgot to mention Dana knocked this one out of the park

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Forgot to mention Dana knocked this one out of the park

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/BTO_ACR_AAC-M4-2000-715076.jpg
View Quote
@TX_Zen, How do you like that Browe? Ridiculous, ain’t it?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Awesome pic. Made me remember my pending Form 1 all over again... I am currently loving/hating e-forms with 2 paper forms already pending
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Awesome pic. Made me remember my pending Form 1 all over again... I am currently loving/hating e-forms with 2 paper forms already pending
View Quote
Fuck. Now that you mention it, I have to save for an ACR pistol so that I can EForm1 it.

#mywifeisgonnakillme.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@TX_Zen, How do you like that Browe? Ridiculous, ain't it?
View Quote
I love the shit out of it. I have two TA31 and two BTO. They are by far my favorite Western optics, and I've used them forever on my AK74s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top