Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2020 5:02:04 PM EDT
I ordered an XL Crye JPC 2.0 and I'm wondering if I should have ordered a Large.  My chest measures 47", which according to Crye's fitting chart, XL is called for.  

I'm a little overweight since my back surgery, but I plan on losing 30lbs or so.  I'm not sure if this would put me in the Large range.  

I've read where you measure nipple to nipple (which is 10.75") and from breast bone to 3" or so above the belly button.  I'm not sure those measurements would change if I were to lose weight.

So basically i'm in between sizes and with a 5 month lead time from Crye, I want to make sure I purchase the right one now.  

Anyone have any experience or recommendations?  

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How tall are you?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
5’10
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm supposed to fit an xlarge size carrier also but I went with medium. Weight and mobility are just as important to me as protection. Plates only protect a limited area and only from direct front or rear angles anyway, plates are not a guarantee vital organs will be safe regardless of size. I wouldn't get to worried about what you are 'supposed to fit'.
Just my personal opinion.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm 5'10' with a 46" chest and a medium plate fits fine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m 6’02” and 225 and I use a medium JPC 1.0 with L210 10x12 plates.

I tried a large SAPI, but it interfered with my arms when I punch out on target with a pistol and forced the plate up and into my neck. The large plate also pushed up when I sat down as well.

I do think that maybe I have a short torso, because the plate sat too close to my belly button when standing straight up.

I will echo others who say that the extra coverage isn’t always a positive when you actually have to move in it. I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I’ll go with the large.  This should give me enough clearance to draw a pistol or shoulder a rifle without interfering.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Should size the plate based on vital size and get the corresponding PC, I think Crye's fitment list of PC sizes is useless.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm 6'2 with a 45-46 chest and I wear mediums.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top