Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2018 4:05:15 PM EDT
Good afternoon guys, I have the opportunity to buy the image intensifier seen below for $150. Can you provide me with some info and I just want to verify it will work with a pvs7

Purchased the tube, a couple small marks but how’d I do for $150?!?

New pictures
http://imgur.com/a/xtVdrKd
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats 10130C pvs 7 tube. Lower end but should work fine in a pvs7b or 7c housing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Not looking for anything fancy but to build a
Budget gen 3 unit for my brother in law. He’s hooked after seeing mine haha
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Budget gen 3 unit for my brother in law. He's hooked after seeing mine haha
View Quote
It's a non-inverting tube - this means it's going to be problematic with housings and you need an inverting optic such as the PVS-7 has. There used to be some alternatives once though I don't know if they still make inverting eyepieces.

Also, you need to know if it works and if there's any damage. That's a particularly low price for any tube, so it might be broken or badly damaged.

You can check basic work buy plugging in 3v across the contacts in a dark room. If the screen glows green and seems fairly clean and uniform and bright, it's probably good. Try to keep light off the blue end when you do it, as even a dark room can be too bright for it and only do it for a moment to check operation.

If it works and you want to experiment, keep in mind you'll need something to flip the image as it will appear upside down. Housings like the PVS-7 have this built into the optics at the back. It's a lot harder to build a cheap scope with a MX10130 than a MX10160 - it's the 10160 you really want since there are a lot of choices and you can even make your own housing up if you want.

But, if you want to get the tube then start looking for a housing to show up - well, if it's in good condition the price of $150 is pretty cheap.

David.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Budget gen 3 unit for my brother in law. He’s hooked after seeing mine haha
View Quote
Perfect for that. You just need a pvs7 housing, prefreably not an A type.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 5:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's a non-inverting tube - this means it's going to be problematic with housings and you need an inverting optic such as the PVS-7 has. There used to be some alternatives once though I don't know if they still make inverting eyepieces.

Also, you need to know if it works and if there's any damage. That's a particularly low price for any tube, so it might be broken or badly damaged.

You can check basic work buy plugging in 3v across the contacts in a dark room. If the screen glows green and seems fairly clean and uniform and bright, it's probably good. Try to keep light off the blue end when you do it, as even a dark room can be too bright for it and only do it for a moment to check operation.

If it works and you want to experiment, keep in mind you'll need something to flip the image as it will appear upside down. Housings like the PVS-7 have this built into the optics at the back. It's a lot harder to build a cheap scope with a MX10130 than a MX10160 - it's the 10160 you really want since there are a lot of choices and you can even make your own housing up if you want.

But, if you want to get the tube then start looking for a housing to show up - well, if it's in good condition the price of $150 is pretty cheap.

David.
View Quote
Thanks for all the info, I’m trying to learn all I can over the past few months. Night vision can get addicting haha!
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Perfect for that. You just need a pvs7 housing, prefreably not an A type.
View Quote
Will do, thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't pay $1500 for a tube only. Don't do it OP. Plenty of badass units, thin filmed and complete on the web for 1-1.2k all the time. That's a tube for 400-600 and a used housing for 600. Dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wouldn't pay $1500 for a tube only. Don't do it OP. Plenty of badass units, thin filmed and complete on the web for 1-1.2k all the time. That's a tube for 400-600 and a used housing for 600. Dirt cheap.
View Quote
I paid $150 for the tube
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#9]
That's a very good price if it works fine. I can only find broken ones for less than 300.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I paid $150 for the tube
View Quote
Oh shiiiiiiit hell yeah bro! Pics!
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh shiiiiiiit hell yeah bro! Pics!
View Quote
Pictures in the OP!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top