Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2022 4:45:41 AM EDT
Does anyone have any pointers/advice to help me navigate through the FFL process in Illinois? It looks like there is plenty of information on here to help with the ATF side of things but I get confused or second guess myself on how to do the Illinois FDLC stuff and their mandatory requirements. Advice on the security system stuff would also be greatly appreciated.  I will be a home based FFL and I have a few detached buildings so I will be using one of them to conduct business.  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

-Rob
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you planning on retail or non-retail?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably non retail
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want a number to call and a human to talk to I can give you a number.  He is a retired LEO and on contract with the state of Illinois to specifically answer questions about the FDLC.  I have an email and his Cell Phone.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
That would be awesome if you want to PM me the information. Thank you
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
@Pcmangler

Would it be possible that you forward that info to me as well? I'm also kicking around the idea of opening up a home based non retail location to handle transfers, gum shows but mostly internet based sales.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]
@retired_11b

Sent

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Pcmangler

Would it be possible that you forward that info to me as well? I'm also kicking around the idea of opening up a home based non retail location to handle transfers, gum shows but mostly internet based sales.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top