Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2018 11:02:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I am biased. I love LRB.
Another option is to get a SAI and replace the commercial parts with your parts kit.

As far as your accuracy questions, I have a match gun built up from a SAI receiver by Jon at m14parts.com and it will out shoot most bolt guns.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I echo Bulldawg.  Obtain the barreled receiver from LRB.  I sent them the bolt for headspace reasons and flashhider for barrel alignment purposes.  Have them install the bolt release as you don't want to muck up your brand new receiver!  I had numerous parts, manuals, and three previously purchased M1A's - so I was not new to the gun.  Although parts are supposed to be uniform, there are stacking tolerances with different parts.  If you don't have numerous parts, manuals and are unfamiliar with the gun, pay a seasoned professional to assemble the gun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Bula Forge still has it's 4th of July sale going.  You can get a barreled receiver with headspaced bolt for $700 and choose between a NM barrel profile or a GI profile.  I put Bula and LRB in the same category.  Both are excellent hammer forged receivers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bula Forge still has it's 4th of July sale going.  You can get a barreled receiver with headspaced bolt for $700 and choose between a NM barrel profile or a GI profile.  I put Bula and LRB in the same category.  Both are excellent hammer forged receivers.
View Quote
No doubt, Bula is as good or better than LRB and a whole lot less $$
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I would also consider a Norinco or Polytech
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#6]
USGI stocks are not "heavily opened up" for select fire.  They are cut for the trip lever, but that doesn't affect their lock up. Personally, I like the USGI stocks, since many of them seem to be cut trimmer(and therefor, lighter) than many of the aftermarket stocks.
Check out eBay for "USGI stocks", "M1A stocks", "Vietnam era" stocks.  Doing a search for "M14 stocks", often gets a bunch of airsoft stuff.  Look very carefully at the stocks, and see if you can spot "figure" through the grime and finish.  I picked up a like new heavily mottled birch stock that way.  I recently saw another one similar on eBay.
I used a JRA receiver for mine, and an HRA parts kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top